Chapter 19

From an Ugly (FAT) Duckling into a Beautiful (SLIM) Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19

“Riri, but we haven’t gone to a proper date for two weeks! I demand a date today!” Baekhyun crossed his arms with a stern yet cute look on his face.

Rolling her eyes for the umpteenth times that day, she quickly thought of a way to stop his whining. And finally she came up with something, “Baek, not today okay, we need to learn, next week is exam week. After the examination is over, we’ll go on hundreds of dates, okay? And I have a deal to make.”

“What kind of deal?”

“If you can get three A this time. I’ll grant one wish of yours.” She said, Baekhyun was dying for a date, and she will have to drift his attention to other things so he would stop talking about it.

Baekhyun crunched his face at her, feeling unfair, “What? Three A and only one wish!? You’re so cruel!! Five wishes!!” He tried to negotiate.

“Three wishes, max. Take it or leave it.” Eun Ri replied, not giving him any space to negotiate more.

“Fine, three wishes. Come on, let’s go to the library, I can’t wait to fill my brains with so much knowledge, kay. Come on!”

Chuckling at his change of attitude, Eun Ri shook her head in amusement, “Let’s go.”

 

 

 

Three wishes, hmm, what would I ask her if I got three As?? Baekhyun looked up thoughtfully, first wish, is gonna be a kiss in public place. He smiled, already feeling the happiness seeping only by thinking of it.

“Ri.” He called out to Eun Ri who was currently visiting his place, “Juice or—“

“OH MY GOD BYUN BAEKHYUN!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!”

“What the-“ Baekhyun turned his head towards his mother’s voice direction, “Mom, what happened?” He narrowed his eyebrows in annoyance, what is the need to yell, really?

“FINALLY THE DAY WHERE THE BOOKS I PAID FOR ARE BEING USED!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!!” Baekhyun’s mom continued to yell, ignoring the fact that her voice could be heard on the whole level of the apartment. “EUN RI!! I KNOW FROM THE FIRST TIME I MET YOU, YOU’RE UNDOUBTEDLY ANGEL SENT FROM HEAVEN!!!!”

Eun Ri guffawed at the mother’s reaction, “We bought cake, I’m sure you’re tired from work, shall we eat it now?”

“Yeah mom, changed your clothes and take a shower, I bought foods for dinner, too.” Baekhyun said.

“Okay okay okay! Wait for me for a bit.”

 

 

“You know, I’m really thankful for you, Eun Ri.” Mrs. Byun said as soon as Baekhyun was gone to the toilet. “Back then, I was so worried about him graduating smoothly in high school, but now there is you, and finally, he has motivation within himself to do well.”

“I was never a good parent to him, I can’t be there for him, since I take a lot of works, to support both of us. He has no father.” She smiled bitterly at the word father. “He was always warm towards me, although I can’t do much for him, but he used to be really cold to others.”

“Now he has you.” She smiled towards Eun Ri, whose face was becoming redder in every seconds passing. “He changed a lot, change for the better.”

“And that’s all thanks to you, Eun Ri.”

 

I gulp down my saliva, feeling awkward as ever, after receiving such heartfelt thanks from Baekhyun’s mom. “Don’t say you’re not a good parent, Mrs. Byun. I think from all the people I met in my life, Baekhyun is the kindest person I have ever met, and I’m sure that’s all because you do your part as a parent really well.”

“The one who should be grateful is me, towards you who had gave birth to such a wonderful person like him.”

The atmosphere was good, until something really unexpected happened.

“PRRTTTTTTTT.”

Baekhyun farts.

Me and Mrs. Byun look at the toilet’s direction in unison and exchange look before laughing our asses off.

“YAH BYUN BAEKHYUN!! CAN’T YOU HOLD IT IN A LITTLE?! YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS RIGHT HERE IF YOU HAVEN’T NOTICED ALREADY!!”

“I TRIED MOM! BUT MY FART SAID NO!!”

 

 

 

Finally after days and days of hard work, the day where the examination result would be announced had come. Today was gonna be the revelation, whether miracle really exist or not, by looking through Baekhyun’s result.

“What? Baekhyun? Getting three As? Wah Eun Ri you’re really really evil, aren’t you?” Chanyeol cackled his tongue, pitying Baekhyun, “I mean, no matter how we look at it, isn’t it practically impossible?”

“Yah, Park Chanyeol, you’re now talking behind my back? What do you take me for? An idiot? I’m not that stupid okay?” Baekhyun said as he hit Chanyeol’s head from behind, his result was still sealed in the envelope, he hadn’t opened it, he wanted Eun Ri to be the first one to see.

Well, he was one hundred percent confident that he will get at least three As, though. Since he was so determined on getting it, he never focused on something as he did with this exam.

“Here. Open it. And by the way, I want a kiss on my cheek right after you see the result as my first wish.” He smirked arrogantly.

 

“Here. Open it. And by the way, I want a kiss on my cheek right after you see the result as my first wish.” Baekhyun says, with a very smug smirk painted on his face. Which annoyed me so much.

Let’s see. I raise an eyebrow and rip off the opening of the envelope carefully, taking a deep breath before taking the result out. My eyes almost bulge out from its socket, and my jaw literally drops to its fullest.

Chanyeol who happens to be beside me has the same expression as me, an expression of surprise, disbelief, and confused. “What the heck? You really got three As!” Chanyeol blinks looking back and forth towards the paper and Baekhyun.

I observe the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter