Chapter 17

From an Ugly (FAT) Duckling into a Beautiful (SLIM) Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17

School goes on smoothly, after the incident last time, I don’t know what Chanyeol did, but obviously, he did something, maybe together with the guys, something that is obviously hidden from me. Because no one dares to go near me, bad mouth me, no one dares to do anything to me now.

The gang must did something to them, that makes them tamed even without Baekhyun by my side. But something happened today, it has been quite a while since the school buzzes with so much noise. And from how one student go to another group of student, I know there’s something happening. Something horrible.

I just hope that this has nothing to do with me or Baekhyun. I’m a little tired of the drama, no joke. Tho it’s exciting actually, but no, please let me off from the attention once, please.

I’m sure it’s not about me when I pass the gossiping student, none of them look my way, or whisper while looking at me. Goodness God, thank You so much for giving me peace.

Asking about information here and there are just not my style, but I know, Kai and Se Hun the gossiping duo in the group, who know probably everything about everyone in the blocks would know. And all I have to do is sit there and listen to them.

And so I wait, until the next bell rang.

 

 

 

“Spill.” Chanyeol said as everyone was seated nicely on the table. And that was the usual command from the five of us to both Kai and Se Hun. To ‘spill’ whatever the gossip was.

The surprising thing was, they didn’t look as excited as they usually were. “There is a picture of a girl.” Kai murmured.

“What!? Who? Who’s the poor girl?”

“Who’s the source?”

Se Hun pouted and stole glance at everyone before his eyes land on Kyungsoo. “Well, the poor girl is… Ru Na.”

And then, there was a silence across the table.

“Did you ing see the picture?”

Se Hun’s eyes widened, he quickly shook his head, “I swear, hyung, I didn’t. How can I when I know your feelings for her.”

Ru Na was Kyung Soo’s crush ever since junior high school, and surely, the feeling still didn’t stop there. It continued to their high school days. And Kyung Soo was surely not happy with this little news.

“You know, Chan Ho and Ru Na dated for a while back then, I don’t know what the problem between the two of them that causes Chan Ho to send her pictures to his social media-“

“Because he’s a ing . Isn’t that enough? - okay- sorry – I just-“ Kyung Soo stumbled over his words, feeling lost and mad. “Ru Na is a sweet girl and he ruined her, two times. , I’m just really-“

Kyungsoo didn’t even get to finish his sentence, when the girl of his dream came.

“The star is here guys!! Han Ru Na!!!” Chan Ho yelled loudly as Ru Na entered the cafeteria. “I told you, didn’t I? What did you get for breaking up with me?”

“What I get?” From what I heard, Ru Na is a sweet, lovely, girl, the kind of girl you would see in an apink and gfriend kind of music video. “What I get after breaking up with an like you, are happiness and freedom. And a little humiliation, but it’s okay, if this is the price I have to pay to be able to be free from a big fat liar and unloving jerk like you. I don’t mind. You all can hate me and gossip about me. But remember, that I have no s to give to all of your bulls.”

Good, now not only Kyungsoo, but I like her, too.

 

 

 

 

“Ru Na. Hey. Hey!” Kyungsoo jogged towards Ru Na and grabbed her wrist, and much to his dismay, she was crying.

“What?” She took a deep breath as she tried to calm herself, wiping her tears away. “Seriously, if you want to laugh at me or nag at me. Save it for later because I have enough s to handle today.” She hissed and yanked her arms free from his grip.

But Kyungsoo was fast enough to catch it before she got away. “Don’t cry. I’m not here to laugh or nag at you. I just want…” He then grabbed both of her wrists, “I just want you to know that I’m here for you, okay?”

And with a little pull, Kyungsoo had Ru Na in his embrace.

And with that, Ru Na’s tears started to flow.

 

 

 

 

“Why is your house empty today? It’s weird.” Baekhyun laughed, just a couple weeks ago, he was annoyed as hell that her house suddenly became so crowded, so full of people, whereas usually, they’d have their tutoring time peacefully. But now that he was accustomed to the noisiness. The silent situation had consumed him a little.

Eun Ri stood up from her seat and walked towards the refrigerator, taking out a glass bottle with pinkish liquid inside, “Geges are here for their study, though they look stupid and have no life. But from what I heard, they have quite a lot of achievement academically.” She took a sip and blinked before taking another bottled juice. “Here, mom made pressed juice, it’s good.”

“Then that means we will have the house for ourselves till 7?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter