Chapter 18

From an Ugly (FAT) Duckling into a Beautiful (SLIM) Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18

I had a bad hunch when Eun Ri left my message on a ‘read’. Like a really, really, bad one. I decided to call Se Hun to search for her around the neighborhood while I’m on my way there. Because I’m afraid that I might be too late. Luckily, Kai is there, too, the more the merrier I guess.

 

Se Hun

Today 18:02

To the park.

ASAP.

 

The last time Se Hun text me such short message and with ‘ASAP’ in addition to that, was when fighting was involved. I felt a churning feeling in my stomach, but also relieved since that means they found her already.

I take a deep breath and stretched my body a little before running as fast as I can.

 

 

 

Kai gulped as Baekhyun give his final blow to the last guy. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were the fighting duo in the group. Se Hun and Kai thought there were only three guys, and they didn’t care about Hyun Ju, since she was a girl, and no one care about her anyway. But that girl ended up calling for back up to fight them.

It has been so long after Baekhyun fought, and lose control completely in a fight. “Give me your phone.” Baekhyun emotionlessly looked over to Hyun Ju.

Covered in fear, Hyun Ju wasn’t able to move, she was paralyzed of this side of Baekhyun she never seen before. “Give me your ing phone before I take it with my way and believe me,” Baekhyun tilted his head and gave her a sly smile before continuing his sentence, “you won’t like this method of mine.”

As much as Se Hun hated Hyun Ju, seeing a girl like her got intimidated with Baekhyun, he didn’t have the heart to let her face him like that, he walked to Baekhyun and tapped his shoulder, “I will take care of her, Eun Ri is such in a bad shape, hyung. You should take care of her instead.”

Sighing, Baekhyun looked down, trying to calm himself down, “Yeah, you’re right. But make sure you get her phone, I don’t want any inappropriate picture of my girl get out. And you, Oh Se Hun, are not allowed to open it. Just get her phone, don’t do anything else.”

“Understood.” Se Hun said, “Come on, go.” He nodded his head at the unconscious Eun Ri, seated on the bench nearby.

Baekhyun felt a pang of pain each time he took a step to her, the bruises and the scars. He couldn’t help but felt responsible for the horrible situation she was in.

Her hair was a total mess, her neat ponytail that she wore before they parted was gone. Her face… he couldn’t even look at it without cringing. Kai had her covered with his blazer, which Baekhyun was grateful for. “Sorry.” He whispered.

“I’m sorry.”

Feeling hopeless and responsible. Baekhyun carefully embraced her into his arms.

 

 

 

Kris came home after getting a call that Baekhyun brought Eun Ri home at last. Kris searched through every dark alleys he could find, he never expect that any harassment would be in such an open place like park. Guess that Hyun Ju was a total idiot.

“Is she okay?” Kris asked to the two people that looked like a total mess, Kai and Se Hun. “She’s unconscious.” Kai answered, fidgeting in his seat under Kris’s gaze, “Sorry, we didn’t find her sooner.” Se Hun added.

Kris waved his hand at them, “It’s nobody’s fault. Don’t blame yourself. Anyway, you found the culprit?”

“Baekhyun hyung already took care of everyone involved.” Kai stated.

Sighing in total relieve, Kris slumped on the carpet, he was so tired of running, but he couldn’t relax before knowing everything’s alright. “Thank God she’s alright.”

 

 

 

 

I open my eyes and is greeted by the ceiling of my very own wall, was that a dream? I blink in confusion, but as I try to move my hand, a sharp pain shot through my arm, which proves me, it wasn’t a dream.

“Ri? You’re awake?”

It’s Baekhyun, that’s a voice I know the best, which quickly soothes my whole entire mind and body. “Hey.” He smiles, and then suddenly, I feel my tears are going to spill. I feel bad and embarrassed. The fact that he’s here means that he knew what happened.

He knew that there are hands that touch me in places he never touches.

Even though I didn’t know what they did exactly, since I put up so much fight, one of them ended up hitting my head until I went unconscious. But I’m pretty sure. I’m no longer pure like I used to.

And I feel bad for him. For Baekhyun. He should be mad at me. He should feel so disgusted at me. But he’s here instead, with his hands wrapping around mine, gazing at me gently, and a smile on his face.

 

 

Eun Ri’s sight became blurry as her tears started to build up. Making Baekhyun panicked in that moment, “Ri, don’t cry. I’m here now, okay? Bad guys won’t touch you. I’m here.” Baekhyun cooed, kissing her knuckles in between words.

“I’m scared, Baek.” Eun Ri finally broke her walls and cried. “I’m scared, I’m no longer worthy of your affection. I hate myself. Why did this happen? What did I do wrong? I should’ve apologized right away, but my stupid ego prevented me to do so. Don’t hate me, Baek. I’m sorry.”

Blinking in a complete bafflement, Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows, trying to comprehend every single word Eun Ri said. And he failed to do so, because it didn’t make any sense.

“Okay let me tell you, first. Why would I hate you? You’re the bes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter