Chapter 11

From an Ugly (FAT) Duckling into a Beautiful (SLIM) Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

I am studying at the library with Eun Ri, and goodness God, curse you gym and salads for making this girl in front of me to become such a goddess. There are so many flies (read: boys) disturbing my study time with her. Don’t these pieces of s understand that she is here only for me?

I glare at the male beside her who obviously here not to study but to stare at her face like an idiot. Okay, sorry, I do that a lot, too. But it’s different okay? Only me is allowed to do so.

A pair of hand clap in front of me, it’s Eun Ri’s. “Yah Byun Baekhyun, are you listening to me? You’re not concentrating. If you’re tired just say so from the beginning, I won’t force you.” She says, I’ve spent so much time with her, that even though her voice sounds annoyed, but I still can see that glint of worry inside her eyes. Because that’s just how she expresses her care to the people around her.

I quickly rake the insides of my brain to get a reason to keep studying but not get distracted at how so many flies here disturbing my time with her. “It’s a little bit hard to see the formulas you wrote, can you come here beside me?” I say as I change seat to the side, so Eun Ri would be on the very edge and no one, I repeat, NO ONE, would be able to be near her as much as I do.

“Ahh,” she nods in understanding, “Well, this place is not comfortable, too. Why don’t we go to my house? It’s a lot quieter there, you can concentrate more there.”

HOHOHO. Wow, well, she offers an even better solution. “You’re right, you don’t have to walk through home in the dark, too.” I shake my head up and down in agreement, “Let’s go.”

I send a satisfied and mocking look to the guys who quickly have such a big disappointment on their faces once Eun Ri tidies up her things, indicating that she is leaving soon. Haha! Serves your right jerks.

 

 

“Let’s just study at your house in every tutoring session.” Baekhyun suggested, there were some factors that push him to suggest such bold idea.

Eun Ri looked at him and squint her eyes at him, “I have no problem with that, but seems like you’re asking a death sentence from my dad if you’re at my house too often.” She reasoned out as a matter of fact, she honestly couldn’t imagine how that overprotective father of her will react. But she knew for sure that it wouldn’t be a pleasing view.

Shrugging his shoulders, he turned his head from the road and sent her a lop-sided smile, “Well…” He drawled and raised his eyebrows afterwards, “That’s actually one of my goals, too. To be closer with your family, so if you reject me, at least I have a strong backing.”

There you go again, Byun Baekhyun. Saying such things with such a casual manner. I won’t be shaken. I can control myself. Eun Ri told herself mentally and keep shut for a few seconds before retorting back, after making sure she wouldn’t make a stupid smiling face when she opens , she snorted, “Good luck with that then, it’s gonna be a long long long journey.”

“It doesn’t matter if it’s a long journer, a super long journey, a never-ending journey, as long as it’s with you. It won’t matter to me.”

Baekhyun chuckled and gave Eun Ri a gentle pinch on her cheeks, “I’m just going to assume that you’re blushing so hard because I pinch your cheeks, okay? I won’t tease you this time, so stop blushing so hard!” He giggled as Eun Ri’s face turned redder in every seconds.

“I’m going to poison you! You bastard!!” Eun Ri slapped Baekhyun on his shoulder in an irritated manner and stomp forward, leaving him behind, but Baekhyun caught up with her almost immediately, “Okay, now I’m going to assume you’re blushing because you’re tired from walking to fast.” He added playfully.

“SHUT UP BACON! I HATE YOU!”

“I love you, too.”

 

 

 

Well, obviously something probably had hit my dad’s head. Since when he’s so welcoming towards dudes that are my friend? (read: Baekhyun) He hasn’t spoken a single word that contains any threatens or curse words towards Baekhyun. Well he’s not exactly ‘welcoming’ or ‘friendly’ but at least he is restraining myself, and I know he’s trying to accept that I’ll not be alone for the rest of my life again. I bet mom has something to do with this.

“Mom. Dad is behaving really weird.” I start as my dad shut the bathroom’s door and have it locked. “I was expecting the next world war once Baekhyun and him meet, but apparently, I was totally wrong.”

Giggling to herself, my mom just wink at me, “I have everything under control, Eun Ri. No matter how skullheaded your dad is, he will never win against me.” She whispered the last sentence to my ear only, so Baekhyun won’t hear it.

Baekhyun is currently on the living room, doing the last three numbers on the paper. If dad didn’t come home earlier, he must be finished by now, guess he was too nervous to meet my dad that he ends up trying hard to open a conversation with my dad rather than doing his paper. As a tutor assigned to teach him, I should’ve been annoyed and mad, but somehow, I feel kind of happy that he actually keeps his words, though I don’t really mind if he didn’t, but man of his own words is just a plus for me, no matter how small it is or if he’s saying something while joking. If he keeps it, it’s a total plus point for me.

But then again, he already has so many plus point to the point that I forget how many and how he gets them, since he’s too nice and too kind to be true. (though he’s sometimes annoying and makes this really weird effect on me)

“Are you staying for dinner?” I question as I sit beside him as I peek a little on the progress he’s making, he has improved a lot since the very first time I know him. I believe that he’s like the third smartest within his gang for sure. This just proves that nothing is impossible as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter