Chapter 1

From an Ugly (FAT) Duckling into a Beautiful (SLIM) Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

Mr. Jang sighed as he looked at the big circle on the test paper, once again, Byun Baekhyun was the one getting the big zero as his score for the midterm examination. The teacher that was currently on his mid 30s was worried, that at this rate, Baekhyun wouldn’t be able to graduate from high school.

“Byun Baekhyun.” He called loudly.

Baekhyun who had been sleeping the whole time, didn’t wake up at Mr. Jang calling him, “Wake him up.” Mr. Jang sighed again as no one came to the front to take the test paper belonged to Byun Baekhyun.

The boy beside him, Taeyong gulped as Mr. Jang looked straight to him, it was obvious that he was the one tasked to wake Baekhyun up, and he was damn scared to do so. Baekhyun wasn’t only known for his good look, but he was also known for the best fighter in the city.

Well, Baekhyun didn’t really go here and there searching for problems, but seems like the problem itself that like Baekhyun’s presence. It was rumored that no one success on defeating him. And now the pure innocent Taeyong had to wake him up and he was scared to death, though there was no need to feel that way, because once again, Baekhyun didn’t go around and beat innocent people, he only fought whenever someone search for problem first.

Please don’t beat me up. Taeyong finally dared himself to shake Baekhyun awake, and Baekhyun’s eyes snapped open right away, startling Taeyong. “What?” Baekhyun asked, sounding annoyed. He didn’t get a good rest the night before, and right then was the perfect chance and moment, until Taeyong shook him awake.

“Mr-Mr-Mr. Jang is calling for you.” After stumbling onto his own words for a few times, Baekhyun was finally able to hear what the poor guy was trying to say. After nodding his head, Baekhyun yawned and stretched his body while heading to the Teacher’s table in front.

“Byun Baekhyun.” Mr. Jang pushed the paper to Baekhyun, “Your score is the lowest again.”

And I don’t care. Baekhyun thought before reaching out his hand to grab his paper, planning to put it on fire as soon as he got the chance, if his mother found out about his score, he would be dead for sure. With a rebellious manner, Baekhyun crumpled the paper and put it on his bag before drifting off to dreamland again.

 

 

 

 

As my name was mentioned from the speaker, I know something is gonna go hell wrong. Why am I summoned to Mr. Jang’s room? Did I do something wrong? Are my grades falling? What is happening? I have never got summoned to a teacher’s office in my entire life, since I never do anything that will get their attention. And now out of sudden, I am called to the teacher’s office.

And I am positive I don’t like whatever I am going to face later.

While my mind goes miles away, I have arrived in front of my destination, Mr. Jang’s room. I knock on the wooden door lightly, and peek my head inside, “Excuse me, sir. You called for me?” I ask politely, Mr. Jang looked up from whatever files he was seeing and smiled at me, well at least he smiles, must not be anything I thought of before. “Yes, please sit.” He gestures to the chair in front of him.

And I obey his words right away, “Okay, I know you don’t like beating around the bush thingy, so I will go straight to the point.” He starts, clasping both of his fingers together, putting it onto the table. “So I have a student, he’s struggling with his study, and I am wondering if you can tutor him? I’m afraid at this rate, he will not be able to graduate, and I need help to help him raising his grades.”

Although Mr. Jang is nice and kind and all, he’s very persistent once he made decision, and I know with the title of him being teacher and me as his student, I can’t win. So I just nod my head, because in the end, after any arguments I had, I know Mr. Jang will not budge, he will still make me do it anyway. “Who’s the student you’re talking about?”

“It’s Byun Baekhyun.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun grumbled as the bell indicating school was over rang loudly, usually, he would be hell happy to be able to get out from this prison called school, but not for today.

Mr. Jang called his mother and asked her to come today, and all his bad grades and reputation would be revealed to his mom. And that would be seriously . With his shoulders slumped down, he walked down to the gate to get her mom.

His mom was easy to spot, Mrs. Byun was pretty and looked a lot younger than her real age. Guess working in the bar made her charm even stronger, because everyone turned their heads when she passed by. “Mom!” Baekhyun shouted loudly, waving his hand in the air.

Mrs. Byun heard the familiar voice and quickly craned her neck, “Baekhyun!” She smiled as they both approached each other, obviously ignoring the amazed stare around them, amazed because it was the first time Baekhyun’s relative came to school, and she was hella beautiful, and she was Baekhyun’s mother but she could pass as Baekhyun’s girlfriend who was a little bit older than himself.

“What did you do? Did you fight again?” She furrowed her eyebrows at him in displeasure, which got Baekhyun’s eyes rolling, “You make it sounds like I got into a fight every week.”

Mrs. Byun blinked her eyes at him innocently, “Oh, you don’t?”

“Okay I do, but I only got caught twice, okay? I don’t know why, too.” He lied, he didn’t want to be strangled by his mom in public, that would be so embarrassing he couldn’t even walk without constantly hoping that the ground would swallow him alive.

They both headed to the Teacher’s room right away, and as soon as Baekhyun saw Mr. Jang smiling face, he knew that they wouldn’t be talking about his grade only.

 

 

 

 

“My Baekhyun got the lowest score?” Mrs. Byun gasped in disbelief as she quickly stomped onto Baekhyun’s feet silently, which Baekhyun responded with a silent yelp and an annoyed glare. Mom! He screamed inwardly. Because getting stomped hurt, and it hurt even more when the one stomping you was someone who wore high heels with sharp stilettos.

That hurt like .

“But don’t worry, Mrs. Byun. I have already take care about it, hmm, she must have arrived by now…” Just as Mr. Jang finished mumbling, a knock on the door proved Mr. Jang right, “Sorry, did I disturb something?” Eun Ri blinked at the three of them.

“No, y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter