My Past: Part 3

Super Junior Fullhouse

Charlie helped me learn how to cook, first starting with the basics. We went at it for a couple hours until he was satisfied with my work... OF CUTTING, FRYING, AND SAUTEEING VEGETABLES. Yea. Some piece of work.

"Okay. Your lesson for today is done. Go make yourself dinner now."

"Eh?"

"That's right. You heard me."

"But--!"

"No buts! Hurry up!"

I sighed. I was already exhausted from all the smacks I got from Charlie and now he makes me cook my own food. I began making myself a simple dinner: rice and some sautéed vegetables. I guess it was decent and not too bad. 

"Go clean the dishes now that you're done, Alice," Charlie said. 

"Aw really?---"

Charlie gave me the "look".

"Ok ok! Sorry, Sir." and I got right to work. 

The sky became cloudy as time passed and gusts of wind started to pick up. I looked up at the window, feeling frightful of what weather was to come. I finished the dishes quickly.

"Sir, may I go now?"

"Yes. You're done for the day."

"Thank you." and I rushed out of the room.

I heard that it started to rain outside and I clenched my fists. Where would I go to hide? The rain became heavier as I heard it pelting against the roof. I ran through the hallway and saw a sign that said "Library". 

I'll just go in here. I thought.

I slipped in and found myself in a dark room with only 2 lanterns each beside 2 doors in front of me. Another room?

1 door was slightly opened and I saw a faintly lit room beyond it. Shivering, I crept closer and heard voices.

 

"So what is this girl like?" a voice asked.

"Ah! She's just like my old maid. She's one cutie!" the voice chuckled. It sounded like the "Master's".

"Ahaha! I can't believe they actually did this to their own child!" a voice cackled.

Is this girl...me?!

"I know right? And it's only for a lousy debt!" another chortled.

I tiptoed closer and closer to the door, my heart pounding.

"The Lees are long gone now, probably. They won't come back for her." Master said.

Lee is my last name.. No! No! It's not me! Get a grip! Mom and Dad wouldn't do that! No!

"What is her name? You have to introduce me to her," a voice said.

Master chuckled. "Oh, you'll see her. Her name is Alice."

Thunder struck and I saw lightning light up the room. I screamed.

"Who's there?!" yelled a voice.

I bolted out of the room, running towards somewhere, running away... The words kept replaying through my head.

"The Lees are long gone now, probably. They won't come back for her." ........."Oh, you'll see her. Her name is Alice."

I reached the outside of the house and ran toward the special tree, not even knowing that I was running to it and not even knowing that I was getting wet. I hit the tree and collapsed into fits of sobs with thoughts running through my head.

Why?! Why is it me?! It can't be me! No! Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I clutched the root of the cherry blossom, I fell into unconsciousness...

 

 

 

Mom? Dad? Wait! Where are you going?! Take me with you! I yelled as they got farther and farther.

The scene changed and I was running through an endless dark hallway.

They won't come back for her........ They're probably long gone.... Said a whisper echoing through the hallway.

It was an eternal darkness... A pair of strong hands grabbed me pulling me back.

No! No!

Alice!

"Alice!"

"No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed and opened my eyes, gasping for air. I was sweating and breathing hard.

"Alice! It's okay. You're okay. It's only a dream," a soothing voice said, as a hand my hair.

I looked up and saw him, my prince. I started to tear up.

"Shh. It's okay. I'm here," he said as he pulled me into his strong arms.

I cried and cried and cried. I didn't care about my disheveled state. All I knew was that my parents, my loving parents who had raised me, their child, had abandoned me. All because of a debt. A DEBT. They had twisted me around their fingers, making me believe in them and their stupid promises that they will never keep. I will never forget. Never.

 

 

A bright light shined on me and I woke up groggily trying to sit up. But a pair of arms were wound around me. I gasped. I was on a bed, with my prince's arms wrapped around me.

Where am I? I thought as I looked around.

It was a small room with only a bed and a desk. Is this his room? I slowly removed his arms, trying to not wake him up, but my plan failed.

"Alice?" he said tiredly.

"Good morning," I said as I gave him a small smile.

He sat up.

"Uh... Sorry.. I accidentally fell asleep when you were um... crying in my arms..."

"Oh no! It is me who should be saying sorry. Thank you for taking care of me.. I'm sorry that I was a big trouble to you."

"No.. It's alright..." he replied. "Hey, you had a high fever yesterday. Do you feel better?"

"High fever?!"

"Yea.. Come here," he said gesturing his arm to me.

I sat on the bed and he put his forehead against mine. My heart stopped. His face was so close to mine! In these quick few seconds, I stared at his chocolate brown eyes and his long eyelashes.

He took his forehead off of mine. 

"You seem much better," he smiled. "Let's go to the kitchen. Here put on these slippers and this jacket."

"Thank you."

We walked out his room and into the kitchen where Charlie's voice was fully blasted in my face. 

"What did you think you were doing, you runt!?" he bellowed. "Jacob and I were very worried about you!"

Oh so his name's Jacob...

Charlie raised his hand, ready to hit me. I braced for the impact. Instead, he flicked my forehead.

"Go eat some soup." He shoved a hot bowl of soup.

I gratefully ate it and chowed down.

"Hey c'mon, Charlie! Be nice to Alice!" Jacob exclaimed. "She's sick." He emphasized.

Charlie let out a laugh. "Sick, indeed! You think I'm too old to see? Ha!"

"I'm done! Thank you, Sir, for the meal!" I said.

"Wow, you're done that fast?!" they both asked.

"I.. was really hungry...ehehe..."

"Haha no worries. Let's go outside for some fresh air," Jacob said.

"Hey, make sure she doesn't get more sick," warned Charlie. 

"Yes, yes. I hear ya," called Jacob as he led me out of the kitchen. 

"Brat!" yelled Charlie. 

We both laughed. 

"So.. Your name's Jacob, huh?" I said shyly.

He chuckled. "Yep. I guess the cat's out of the bag."

"How come you didn't want to tell me?"

"Oh, I just wanted to tease you a bit longer," he winked.

I gasped. "You meanie!" I grinned. 

"But now you know," he said as we arrived at my/our tree. 

We gazed at the tree in silence. I broke it though, asking, "So how did you find me? Here, I mean."

"Well, this tree is special to me too. And one day, as I was on my way to check up on it, here I saw, a crying little girl all in a mess," he laughed. 

"Hey!--"

"But!" he interrupted. "I found that this little one liked this tree too, and it became special to her as well. So," he said as he sat on a branch, "I wanted to stretch out my hand to her and help her. I wanted to keep her safe and see her happy again. Would you accept my hand, miss?" he smiled as he put out his hand to me.

I looked up at his bright smiling face and the brilliant sun shining through the branches and the petals falling down. My heart warmed at his words. A big smile broke through my face.

"Of course I would." and I grasped his hand.

 

 

"I'll properly introduce myself this time, Alice. My name is Jacob and I am the assistant head servant here."

"Wow! Assistant head servant?!" I exclaimed. "How old ARE you?"

He pouted. "Hey! I'm not THAT old! I'm almost 12!"

"You still ARE older than me by 3 years!" emphasizing the 3 on my hand.

"Fine. By you." he stuck his tongue out at me.

I did it back. Back and forth we argued until we burst into laughter at our absurdness. We sat upon the branches of the tree, talking abot ourselves and making conversation until sunset. 

"Wow, look at the beautiful sunset!" I cried. 

"Yeah. It really is."

Jake saw tears rolling down my cheeks. 

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing," I replied. I was thinking of my parents.

"Alice, if it's about your parents, don't worry. I'll always be here for you. I'll be by your side. So don't worry," he said, my hair. "Okay?"

"Pink promise?"

"Pink promise," he smiled at me.

We headed back to the kitchen, not knowing that a mysterious figure yet again, was watching from afar.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hey guys. I know it's been awhile since I last updated. But please comment. I need to know if u guys r getting bored of Alice's past yet or not. I'm either gonna try to wrap it up the next chapter or two or keep on going on about their relationship and etc etc

if u do not comment, face the torture of the next few chapters!!! XD 

Thank u so much for subscribing and keeping up with the story! Looking forward to hear from you!