My Past: Part 2

Super Junior Fullhouse

We arrived at the same balcony I was on. That man was still sitting there, lazily smoking on a fat cigar. Another maid was there. She looked like a horribly mean old lady. She looked at me with a menacing glare.  


"Ah! You're back, Alice!" he exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air in glee. 

I stood there quietly, still trying to comprehend his weird personality. 

"Say, 'Yes, Master!' " the lady snapped. 

"Uh... Yes, Master..." 

The man laughed. "Do not worry, dear Elga. She is new, scared, and vulnerable. Alice is your new apprentice," he chuckled. "Please treat each other well," he said to both of us. 

"Yes, Master" she replied. She then looked at me with an icy glare again.

"Well then!" he exclaimed ad he clapped his hands together, "Elga, please take Alice to start her first job."

"Yes, Master," she answered. "Come this way."

I bowed my head to the man and followed Elga hurriedly. 
We came upon a washing room and she turned around facing me. 

"You are to wash, clean, and dry these dishes. After, report to me. Then the cook will teach you how to brew coffee," she ordered. "Understand?"

"Yes, Ma'am," I whispered.

"Huh?! I didn't hear you! Say it louder!"she yelled and slapped my face.

"Yes, Ma'am!" I answered with my eyes b with tears.

"Now get to work!" and Elga stormed out of the room.

I broke down sobbing. Why? How can this happen to me? I thought. Mom and Dad wouldn't do this to me, right?
I shook that thought out of my head. No, they wouldn't.
I picked myself up from the ground. I'll be a good girl until they come for me.
I began my work and finished in about 2 hours. Exhausted, I stumbled out of the room and onto the raging path of Elga.

"Are you done yet?" 

"Yes, Ma'am. I just finished."

"Alright. Maria will lead you into the kitchen," she said gesturing to a maid beside her.

"Yes, Ma'am," I replied and followed Maria.

We finally came to the kitchen and I saw a big burly man looking in the fridge. My eyes literally popped out of my sockets! He's like another version of Santa Claus! 

"Charlie, we have a new kid. Her name's Alice."

Charlie turned around and examined me with his beady eyes.

"Weakling," he spat.

Well excuse me! I annoyedly thought, all thoughts of "Santa" running out my head.

"Have fun," Maria called out to me as she left the kitchen.

Great. Just great.

"You. What is your name again?" Charlie asked.

"Alice..."

"Wha?! Speak up!" he bellowed.

Does everyone have a hearing problem or what? Yeesh!

"My name is Alice!"

"Ok, Alice," he hissed. "Go get the coffee beans from the storage room!"

"Yes, sir!"

I ran in to the storage room and came back, huffing and puffing. We immediately got to work. Charlie was rough, smacking me if I ground the coffee wrong; basically if I did anything wrong. I finally passed through the worst stages, but everything wrong came after that. I accidentally slipped on something on the floor and hot water splashed onto my hands.

I screamed in pain.

"What are you doing?! I told you to be careful!" Charlie roared.

He my hands under cold water, running in the sink. I could see the rage emitting from him; his eyes, nose, and ears for crying out loud! This has got to be the worst day!

After five minutes or so, Charlie stopped the water.

"Go to the nurse's room right away and get some ointment on your hands! It's on the other side of the house."

"Yes, sir..." I cried and ran out.

I ran through hallways, hallways, and more hallways. Wait, where was I? I couldn't take it anymore and ran out the house.

The bright sun blinded me, and I sought the cover of a large tree to sit by and began to cry.

"Why are you crying?" a voice asked.

I looked up and wiped my tears. A boy and cherry blossom petals blowing around him, like he was a prince.

"Why are you crying?" he asked again. "Are you okay?"

"I--I burnt my hands from hot water..." I sniffed.

"Why didn't you go to the nurse's office? I'll go get some ointment for you right away! Stay here!" and he sped off.

"A prince... A real prince..." I murmured.

He came speeding back. "Here, give me your hands."

I slowly gave him my bright, red hands.

"Ouch, it must've hurt, huh?" he said as he spread the ointment over my hands.

I gave a small sigh of relief.

"Better?" he smiled.

"Yes, very. Thank you."

"Here's a candy to cheer you up. It's a magic candy." he grinned and placed it in the palm of my hand.

I looked up into his deep chocolate eyes and his silky brown hair.

"Thank you so much for helping me. My-My name is Alice. What is yours?"

He smiled again with that bright, beautiful smile, with a small dimple near his lips.

"Don't worry, Alice. You'll see me around. And I think you better go too. Looks like Charlie's impatient."

"Bye," he whispered and disappeared before my eyes.

I blinked, shaking myself out of it. Charlie... Wait, Charlie?! Noo!! I'm dead meat!!

I raced back to the kitchen and into a very furious Charlie.

"Alice, where were you?! I told you to go to the nurse and come back! It does not take 45 minutes to get some ointment!!"

"Sorry, sir. It won't happen again..."

"Hmph! Since you're injured, you won't be making coffee for a while. Go clean up this mess," he muttered; his anger deflating like a balloon.

I got down to work, slowly though, as my hands were still raw. I thought about the prince who had saved me and wondering when I will be able to meet that person again...

 

 

I finished with my work, not noticing that night had fallen.

"Go eat now," Charlie ordered and handed me a bowl of soup. "This is only for you, today," he grumbled.

I guess Mr. Evil Santa is nice... I thought.

I gratefully ate the delicious soup. When I was done, I excused myself and came face to face with Elga.

"I heard what had happened today, Alice."

"Yes, I am sorry for what happened today. It won't happen again."

She slapped me on the face. "It'd better not happen again. Go to your room. It's time for everyone to go to sleep."

"Yes, Ma'am," I replied, rubbing my cheek as she turned to walk away.

Wait, where was the room again? Aish... I have to go ask someone... And apparently my only savior for now would be Charlie.

"Sir, where are the rooms located?"

The exhausted Charlie gave me directions to the room and I thanked him and left. By the time I reached the room, I saw many other children in my room as well. Children younger than me to teenagers.

I heard whispers like, "There's a newcomer here!" "Who is she?" "Why is she here?" and all those other questions.

I kept my head down and looked for a bathroom to change in. I came back out from the restroom and went to my cot to sleep. I couldn't sleep though and I waited for everyone to sleep first. Once I was sure that everyone had gone to sleep, I crept out of the room silently and to the cherry blossom where I had first met my prince. 

A light wind was blowing and a full moon was shining as I looked up into the sky.

Prince... I hope we see each other again... I thought. 

"I ate the magic candy, you know... It worked for awhile, but now, the magic wore off... Please, won't you help me again?" I murmured aloud, not knowing that I was saying my thoughts out loud.

I looked up longingly at the cherry blossom tree and then sighed. I turned around and went back quietly into the room and slept.

 

Riiiinnnngggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh... What is this sound?

I woke up groggily and sat up with a jolt. No one was here! Shoot! I'm soo late!!!!! Noo!!!

I got ready quickly and rushed into the kitchen, not knowing where I was supposed to go other than my place: the kitchen.

"Alice! Where were you? Goodness! You weakling! Hurry and go brew coffee!" bellowed Charlie.

"Yes, sir! Sorry! I'll go do that right now!"

I hurriedly made the coffee and Charlie tasted it.

"Kid, I don't know if it's luck, you, or just the coffee, but this coffee is really delicious. Good job," Charlie said, praising me.

I beamed. "Thank you, Sir."

"Now, go grab some cookies in the pantry to serve with the coffee. Bring it out to the table."

"Yes, Sir."

I brought out the tray full of cookies and then the coffee. The "Master" looked at me delightfully and I bowed my head as a "good morning" and left the room. Elga glared at me as usual. I went back into the kitchen, where I heard Charlie say with a grumble, "Go eat your breakfast."

A baguette with eggs lay on a plate.

"Thank you, Sir." and began to eat. I finished quickly and asked Charlie if I could leave real quick.

"Okay, but be back soon," he muttered.

I thanked him and ran to my special tree. I gasped. He was there! My prince! He sat upon the branches of the cherry blossom, looking at the petals float around.

"Hi there!"

He turned to look at me. "Hey to you, missy," he replied with a smile.

After I saw his smile, all my troubles disappeared. I smiled. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I'm just resting. What about you?"

"Me too. I'm on a break."

"Nice!" He jumped down the tree. "Come with me. I'll show you something real nice." and he grabbed my hand and started running.

After we ran for awhile, we stopped, and he covered my eyes with his hands. 

"Wait, where are we? Where are you taking me?"

"Just wait. You'll like it."

We walked for a little bit more. And he took off his hands. My chest fluttered. It was a garden full of flowers and trees. All of the most beautiful things of nature you could think of.

"It's wonderful! Where--Where did you find this? Oh my gosh! I love it!" I giggled with glee.

He laughed. "I knew you would like it. You looked so captivated by the cherry blossom, that I thought you should see this."

"Shh~~ It's our secret place, ok?"

"Alright!" I ran through the garden, looking at everything in awe. 

We spent a few fleeting moments there... Good, sweet moments...

"You must be going now, Alice! You might be in trouble!"

I froze. "No, no, no! Agh! We gotta go!" I cried.

"Don't worry, I have some other business to take care of. You go," he smiled. "Go on. Go."

"Thank you!" I replied as I sped away from the lone figure in a garden full of flowers.

 

 

I arrived in the kitchen where I got a smack on the head.

"That WAS NOT quick!" Charlie barked.

I bowed my head. "Sorry, Sir..."

"What is the meaning of this?!" a voice shouted.

Elga was there standing in the doorway.

"Nothing, Ma'am. This runt here made a mistake," Charlie grunted.

Elga gave me pierced look. "Make sure she learns properly!"

"Of course, Ma'am," Charlie replied.

Elga walked away, her heels clicking and clacking against the tile floor. Charlie turned towards me. Uh oh... I'm in deep trouble.

"You!" Charlie roared.

I started to back up.

"Uh... Really sorry, Sir! Didn't mean to get you in trouble by Ma'am, you know? Ehehe.. Yea? Forgive me just this once?"

"You come here!" he yelled chasing me around the kitchen.

"Agh! Sir! I'm sorry! Really sorry!" I exclaimed as I ran away from him.

We continued with this banter until he caught me and gave me a few hard whacks.

"Ouch..." I said, rubbing my bruises.

"Hmph! You're lucky you even survived!" a voice sniffed.

A young maid stood by the doorway. She was a little older than me.

"Oh, Marissa, stop your blabbing," Charlie said annoyedly.

"I'm supposed to be there, not her."

"Oh? So you want to get a beating?" asked Charlie, his voice raising.

"Ah nope! Not at all! See ya Charlie!" she called and disappeared in a flash.

"Ha! Thought so," he spat.

"Um, Sir? Sorry to be asking, but who is Marissa?"

"Just another maid. No stop distracting me and go take out some vegetables! You're gonna learn how to cook now!"

"Yes, Sir!"