2

Angel Without Wings

 

I held my sore cheek as I got up slowly.

I could hear the laughter in the kitchen as my mum, dad and sister cook in the kitchen.

I will never be part of that family...I have never been since I was born.

From young, I could see the disgust and disappointed looks on my parents face whenever they looked at me.

I really don't know why they have never liked me since I was born.

All I know is that they never treated me like their own flesh and blood, and never wanted to have me.

My little sister...she was adopted.

When I was 10, my parents adopted a little girl who was just 3 years old at that time, and I was neglected more than ever.

They treated her as if she was their flesh and blood while I was an outsider.

Being just an ignorant child at that time, I fussed and complained since I also wanted the love and affection my little sister got, but all I got was just scolding and beatings.

That's when I knew that no matter what I did, I was never going to be a part of this family.

7 years later, I'm still in this family, but I'm treated not more than just an outsider or even a slave.

People may envy how my family is wealthy, but that doesn't affect me at all because I don't get any pocket money.

My parents pay for my school fees and that's all...the rest I have to pay with the money I get from doing part time jobs.

I'm not even allowed to have meals with them, and sometimes like right now, I get banned from the kitchen so I have no way to get access to any food.

There was one time I was starving and I cooked a packet of ramen that was in the cupboards but got caught and after the punishment I got that day, I never dared to ever touch something that I didn't buy using my own money anymore.

Every day I ask myself why I still stay on in this family...well, I want to finish school, and with the part time jobs I have right now, I know I will not be able to pay my school fees by myself and that's the only reason why I have to stay on.

I shivered.

I didn't even get a proper room when we reached here, I have to stay in the attic and there's no heating or even a proper mattress to sleep on.

I looked out of the tiny window and I could see what was going on in the house next to ours.

They were busy decorating the Christmas tree and the tree which is provided in each house was now decorated beautifully.

There were smiles on all their faces and a wet tear dropped down my cheek.

I never got a chance to experience family love, or love in general and that family...they look so happy...

[That night]

Woohyun POV

I was starving and thirsty and I walked out of the attic and down the stairs slowly.

I was about to enter the kitchen when a voice stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going?" I heard my dad say and I turned around to see him, my mum and my little sister looking at me as they were in the middle of playing a board game.

"I...I'm really thirsty and I just want a glass...of...water..." I stuttered.

"Didn't your mother say that you were banned from the kitchen for the rest of the day?" he continued and I just froze to the ground.

"I..." I tried to say something, but nothing came out of my mouth.

"Are you deaf or do you not understand what your father just said?" My mum said and walked towards me with a cold look on her face.

She dragged me out of the house and threw me onto the snow filled ground.

"This is your punishment." She said and slammed the door in my face.

After that, I could see the blinds of the windows slowing being wound down and I knew I was to spend the night out her in the cold.

It was already freezing in the day and in the night; the weather was just not tolerable at all.

I was starving, dehydrated and I was only wearing a thin sweater with jeans and I collapsed onto the ground as I started shivering.

As time went on, it was starting to get harder to even breathe and I huddled into a ball, hoping that I would be able to make it through this night.

Sunggyu POV

I seriously do not understand my parents sometimes...

Maybe they're too caught up in the festive season that they have weird plans?

We just reached the vacation home today, but my parents and my little sister just signed up for a 2 day one night package on a nearby island.

They made me go with them, but I refused.

I was exhausted just from unpacking and it was actually a good thing that they were gone because it was so peaceful with just me alone in the house.

I peered out the window and was shocked to see that the pavement and grass were all covered with snow.

I opened the door slowly and took a step outside and immediately grimaced.

It was so damn freaking cold.

I was about to run back into the warmth of the house when I spotted a ball like shape huddled on the pavement of the house next to ours.

Out of curiosity, I walked towards it and was shocked to realize it was a person.

Who in their right mind would be out here in the freezing cold?

I realized it was the guy from this morning and I brushed his fringe away to reveal his face.

I know him…Nam Woohyun?

The popular guy in my class with a wealthy family background?

What was he doing here?

I heard some gossips about him going to America for vacation to spend Christmas...

What was he doing here and out in the cold?

I was about to knock on the front door and realized that the blinds were wound down and the lights were off.

Don't tell me he was chased out of the house?

"Woohyun sshi?" I said softly but there was no reply.

He was shivering nonstop and her face looked deathly pale.

How long has he been out here?!

Without thinking any further, I slowly carried him up and into our house.

I slowly laid him on the bed in the guest room and glancing at his dry and peeling lips, I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

I slowly poured the water in his mouth and was relieved to see him swallow it.

I turned up the heat on the heater and covered him to the brim with a thick wool blanket.

He finally stopped shivering and I retreated to my room upstairs and settled into my own warm bed for a good night's sleep.

 



 

A/N: my first chaptered boyxboy fic, so i'll appreciate comments? :)