Chapter 11

Angel Without Wings

 

/New Week/

Woohyun POV

I said goodbye to Sunggyu and Hoya and walked to the bus stop and sat down to wait for the bus.

Someone sat down next to me and I looked to my right and realizing the person was wearing the same school uniform as I was.

I thought no one in our school used the bus at this stop…

I looked up to see Sunggyu looking to the front, smiling, with his earphones plugged into his ears.

“Sunggyu?!” I said, shocked.

He gave me a charming smile and said, “The bus’s here, let’s go!” With that, he pulled my hand up the bus and took me to a seat at the back of the bus.

“You still haven’t told me why you’re here and where are you going?” I said.

“Going with you to work of course!” He said it like it was something normal, but it wasn’t.

“Huh? Why?” I said.

“Don’t you watch the news? There had been some cases of young students, both boys and girls, getting molested or near that area, how can I let you go to work by yourself and then go home in the night alone?” He said and smiled again, leaving me with my mouth open.

Sigh…I always go home alone anyway…I was about to tell him that I was alright when he put one of his earphones into my ear and said, “Just take a rest, I’ll tell you when we get there.”

/15 minutes later/

Woohyun POV

I was awoken by Sunggyu’s pokes on my cheek and I opened my eyes groggily and got off the bus.

“What time does your shift finish at?” Sunggyu asked.

“12…” I replied and he started doing something with his phone.

“Okay, I’ll set an alarm for 12…I’ll be at the park there okay?” He said and went off.

I smiled and went to get ready for my shift.

After I finished packing up and saying goodbye to my manager, it was around 12:15 am and Sunggyu was waiting outside for me.

He looked groggy and half awake.

“You don’t have to wait for me…Look, you look so tired.” I said.

“It’s okay, let’s go~” He said all of a sudden with a burst of energy.

This guy, never wanting to admit if he’s tired…

Sunggyu dropped me off at my house and the moment I went into my room, I saw my mum ransacking through my things.

“What are you doing?!” I said loudly and she turned around and gave me a slap across my face.

“You dare raise your voice at me? Your sister is sleeping, you better keep quiet. And if you have nothing to hide, why are you so nervous about me going through your things?” She said and continued what she was doing.

My eye caught onto Sunggyu’s scarf which had my diary hidden in it and I immediately blocked it from her sight, which meant I was blocking me mini cupboard from her which did not make her happy as she was about to go through the things there.

“Ya! You worthless good for nothing crap, move out of my way!” She said and started pulling me away, but I wouldn’t bulge.

“Don’t touch my things!” I said back to her face.

I knew that if I tried to challenge her, I could change her mind away from going through my things even if it meant I was going to get hit.

“You asked for it you filthy crap!” She said and started hitting me with random books.

I felt pain sear through my shoulder and arms but still continued to keep the scarf out of her sight.

“This family does not need someone like you!” She started shouting at me as she continued to hit every single part of my body.

“You’re so worthless-“   *hit*

“-I regret the day giving birth to you-“   *hit*

“-If you weren’t in this family-“   *hit*

“-We wouldn’t need to spend so much time and money on you-“   *hit*

“-Even an adopted child is better than you-“   *hit*

“-The moment your father saw you-“   *hit*

“-He just hated you, then hated me-“   *hit*

“-You know how much you disgust people as soon as they see you?-“   *hit*

“-Worthless people like you shouldn’t even exist!” *hit*

With that one last hit, she was out of breath and energy and continued to stare daggers at me before she threw the book on the ground and left my room.

I crumpled to the ground, bruises all over my body and I flinched in pain every time I moved a limb.

I immediately put the scarf and diary into my bag…They will probably be safe there.

They were the two most important things to me and no matter what; I couldn’t let them get into the hands of my mother, or anyone in this family for that matter.

/The next morning/

Woohyun POV

Waking up with my whole body sore was not a new thing to me any longer and I dragged myself off the bed and quickly went out of the house as soon as I was ready.

I was walking much slower as usual as I couldn’t find the strength in my body and Sunggyu seemed to notice this immediately as he worriedly asked, “Are you okay? You seem hurt…”

“I’m okay.” I said softly and Hoya, not catching on what was going on just walked quietly next to us.

“Oh! Guys, I have to go first, I forgot I had something to attend!” Hoya said all of a sudden as we were walking into the main gates and he ran off.

“Where are we going?” I said as Sunggyu grabbed my hand and pulled me towards somewhere as soon as Hoya ran off.

We reached the infirmary but it was empty. I guess it was because we were quite early today, the nurse wasn’t here yet.

Sunggyu took up one of my legs and started applying medicine to my bruises.

“Ya! What are you doing?” I said as I winced from the pain.

“You’re hurting, why didn’t you say so?” He said annoyingly as he continued what he was doing.

By the time he was done, I smelt like medicine all over, but my bruises gave me less pain than before.

“Why is your bag so heavy today?” Sunggyu said and before I could stop him, he saw the scarf which was folded at the bottom of the bag.

“Why did you bring my scarf with you? Are you cold?” He looked at me, puzzled.

“It was not safe at home…” I said slowly and I saw Sunggyu try to understand what I was trying to say and being the smart guy he was, he immediately said, “You got yourself like this just because of the scarf? You dummy…”

He then pulled me into a hug as he whispered, “Don’t let yourself get hurt again over this kind of stuff okay…”

When he let go of me and went to put back the first aid kit, I stared at his back and started thinking.

Why was Sunggyu always so good to me?

Doesn’t he know that this just makes me have hope…

I knocked my head lightly as I tried to stop myself from thinking about these kinds of things.

“Stop thinking about it, Woohyun! Obviously he doesn’t think about you in that way…” I muttered to myself.

“Huh? Did you say something?” Sunggyu asked as he turned around to face me.

“No, let’s go to class!” I said and we left the infirmary.



 

The reason for late updates is that...

i'm not satisfied with this story, but i haven't got time to rewrite all the stuff i already wrote beforehand.

this was actually supposed to be a boyxgirl story so making it woogyu is really hard and i feel as if it like so much.

this is one of my works that i really do not like.

i have a few oneshots in progress and really hope they'll be much better.