Chapter 7

Angel Without Wings

 

/Midnight/

Woohyun POV

I opened the back door and climbed down the stairs to my room which was in the basement.

I stretched my back slowly and heaved out a huge long sigh.

I was exhausted and aching everywhere but I still had a bunch of homework and assignments to do.

I quickly took a shower and turned my phone on which I had to leave off just now.

To my surprise, I had a message from an unknown number.

That was weird…the only person who would actually send me a message would be Jisun…

I opened it and started to read it in my mind.

“Woohyun! This is Sunggyu!”

Sunggyu?! How did he get my number?

“You must be wondering how I got your number right? Well, when you went to use the restroom in the restaurant earlier, I secretly saved your number. I hope you don’t mind…kekekek since you also agreed we could be good friends right? Well, goodnight and see you tomorrow at school!”

I couldn’t help but smile at his simple but adorable message and immediately saved his number.

If I wanted to get any sleep tonight, I was going to have to rush my school work as usual…

/The next day/

I woke up with a sore cheek as I had fallen asleep on my textbook and I was still awfully aching and tired.

I quickly packed my bag, changed into my school uniform and left the house through the back door.

I’m not allowed access to the front door unless I’m alone or for special reasons so I’m the only one who uses the back door.

This is also a good thing actually, as it makes meetings with my family less often…

I walked out of the street of my neighborhood as I enjoyed the nice spring breeze when I heard someone call my name.

I turned around to see Woohyun and Sunggyu both waving at me.

Do they live in this neighborhood too?

“Woohyun! I didn’t know you lived in this neighborhood too. Hoya’s my neighbor and we walk to school together every day, now you can join us too!” Sunggyu n said.

Seeing my startled face, Hoya immediately said, “Ignore Sunggyu always making decisions by himself, would you like to walk with us to school every day?”

“Ya! Don’t try to act like a gentleman!” Sunggyu said annoyingly and playfully pushed Hoya to a side.

I giggled slightly at their childish actions and said softly, “Sure, thank you for letting me walk with you guys.”

“What do you mean? It’s an honor for us to be walking to school with one of the most popular people in our school.” Sunggyu said cheekily and got hit in the head by Hoya again.

I could actually get used to this two…

“Woohyun ah~!”

I turned to see Sungyeol rushing towards me and settling down in his seat next to mine.

“Ya! There is already news going around that you walked to school with Kim Sunggyu and his best friend Lee Howon today!” He said excitedly.

I didn’t know why, but this feeling crept up in my stomach that made me not want to let Sungyeol know about the bubbling relationship I was having with Sunggyu.

“Err…We live in the same neighborhood.” I replied shortly.

“The news is spreading like hot fire around our school already! Two popular people in our school hanging out together…I even heard people already rumoring about you and Sunggyu being a couple…” Sungyeol continued.

“What? No! Er…we’re just normal friends…Hoya too!” I quickly said.

“Ya, remember to introduce me sometime~” Sungyeol whined and I just smiled uneasily.

Sunggyu POV

Classes were over…finally.

I dragged Hoya out of the class excitedly and was already blabbering about random stuff with him when I spotted Woohyun near the gate.

“Woohyun!” I shouted as I pulled Hoya along with me towards Woohyun.

“Umph…Ya, Kim Sunggyu! Stop pulling me!” Hoya complained but I just ignored him.

“Sunggyu …Hoya? Are you okay?” He said, eyeing Hoya as he was straightening his sleeve which was crinkled thanks to my consistent pulling on it.

“Hmph, I’ll never be fine with this guy next to me.” Hoya said and I said in a greasy tone, “I know you love me~”

“Anyway, Woohyun, are you heading home? Want to walk together?” I asked.

I saw his eyes flicker and he replied, “Er…I’m not going home, I have something to attend to…I’ll see you guys tomorrow morning?”

“Sure.” I replied and waved to him as he walked off.

“Ya, Woohyun! Quick.” I said as I immediately started following after Woohyun, but careful to not let him notice.

“Didn’t Woohyun just say he had something to attend to? What are you doing, and why must you pull me along with you?” Hoya  started complaining but I just quickly pulled him along.

“Something seems weird…the other day, remember? You went home first and I had a short chat with Woohyun and at that time he didn’t go home after our chat too…I’m curious to what he has to ‘attend’…” I said.

“I’m sure it’s something that is none of our business.” Hoya replied.

I just gave him a ‘Just keep quiet and follow me’ look and we continued to follow after Woohyun.

Finally, he stopped in front of a convenience store that was quite a distance from our neighborhood.

He disappeared and reappeared in front of the cashier wearing the uniform of the convenience store and I knew right away he was doing a part time job.

“Wha- Isn’t his family rich?” Hoya said, obviously as shocked as I was.

That’s when his words ran through my mind once again, “Let’s just say my life isn’t what it really seems like on the outside.”

It’s like how he didn’t want to let our fellow peers know he didn’t go on some high class vacation to America…he’s even taking a part time job despite his wealthy background…how many more secrets does he have?

“Don’t they always say that popular peoples’ lives are forever a mystery? Well…apart from yours…” Hoya said jokingly.

Hoya POV

As I looked at Sunggyu who was still staring intently at Woohyun working behind the cashier, I found this side of Sunggyu new and interesting.

I never saw Sunggyu so interested in someone before, especially when the subject is a guy.

Sunggyu may be one of the most popular guys in the school, hell, the attention he gets, he even has fans, and why wouldn’t I know? I’m his best friend.

But Sunggyu all alone hasn’t really spent much time on relationships, or to frankly put it, love in general.

It seemed to him as something that wasn’t all that important to think about and even though he is the greasiest person I have ever met and also awfully romantic, too much for his own good, he has never loved someone.

But anyone can tell that Sunggyu would be a great boyfriend, I just guess he needs time to find the perfect someone…and who am I to judge him anyways?

I have the same amount of experience Sunggyu has regarding love, if not less.

But…his care for Woohyun seemed to pass the barrier of just normal friendship and I smirked softly.

Mysterious background, amazingly good looking and popular guy who is shy and extremely quiet and looks cute, but himself being oblivious of it…seems like the perfect guy for Sunggyu.

“Gosh Gyu, stop staring, let’s go home, I’ve got tons of homework to complete…it’s our last year you know, you want to just skim through it?” I said.

“Gosh, Hoya, don’t be a nag…but you’re right, it’s getting late…Will he get home fine?” Sunggyu said, shooting a worrying glance at Jiyeon.

“He probably does this on a regular basis right?” I said and Sunggyu slowly nodded.

I quickly pulled him away from the convenience store before he decided to stay glued onto the ground.



 

i . i know. i'm so sorry for  not updating since ages. it's just i don't even know.

but woogyu lovers, if anyone of you have read my oneshot 'Insecure', there were a lot of requests for a sequel, so wait for it!

and i have ideas for a new one shot as well. :3