Chapter 12

Angel Without Wings

 

/One Week Later/

Hoya POV

Today, Sunggyu, Woohyun and I decided to go out for dinner together to celebrate the end of midterm exams and Woohyun decided to finally introduce his friend Sungyeol to us.

Even though Woohyun never introduced us to Sungyeol before, I didn’t really have a good impression of him as I heard a lot of weird and bad rumors about him especially also being a gossip king.

For instance, he was really into Sunggyu and was always pestering Woohyun to introduce Sunggyu to him.

Also, besides being Woohyun’s best friend, he also had a bunch of friends in another group and their famous for being thoughtless and senseless people who are not aware of anyone else except themselves.

Somehow I just felt that something bad was going to happen tonight…

/That Night/

Hoya POV

As soon as Woohyun and Sungyeol reached the main gate, Sungyeol immediately started getting excited as he introduced himself to Sunggyu.

Woohyun seemed a little overwhelmed, but just kept silent.

As we all got onto the bus, Sungyeol chose to sit next to Sunggyu and Sunggyu being the clueless douche he always is, just went along with it while Woohyun and I sat in front of them.

“Isn’t he being a little too…open about his feelings?” I said softly to Woohyun.

“He’s always been like that…and I know he really likes Sunggyu.” Woohyun replied and tried to smile, but I could tell that he was forcing himself to.

It seems as if Woohyun didn’t want to introduce Sungyeol to us…

If not why did he wait for such a long time before agreeing to let him meet us?

From the times we have spent together, I always though Sunggyu and Woohyun had that little something going on between them, but these two seem to not be able to see their feelings for each other!

Something tells me that with Sungyeol in the picture, everything is going to change…

Woohyun POV

Looking at Sungyeol and Sunggyu smiling happily as they chat endlessly, I feel happy for Sungyeol, but why do I feel a pang in my heart?

Actually, I kept postponing introducing Sungyeol to Hoya and Sunggyu was because I was scared.

I was scared.

Scared that Sunggyu, the angel sent into my life, would be taken away from me.

But how long more could I be this selfish?

I couldn’t keep this angel to myself, I didn’t deserve him.

Sungyeol…he admired and liked him from afar for a long time, and I feel like the worst friend in the world for not wanting them to know each other.

But I have finally admitted that Sunggyu …wasn’t mine, and will never be.

They have hit it off immediately, and I know this is a new beginning of a wonderful relationship, and with the two people that I treasure the most happy, that’s enough.

I see Sunggyu smiling his signature charming eye smile and Sungyeol laughing heartily and even though it hurts, I smile.

My angel, thank you for being by my side during all the things I had to go through recently,

My angel, take care of my best friend.

Narrator’s POV

The next few days seem to past in a flash, and the hot topic of the school is ‘Kim Sunggyu dating Nam Woohyun’s best friend, Lee Sungyeol!”

A lot of people are shocked from the news and a lot of gossips can be heard along the corridors.

Sunggyu and Sungyeol, happily in love, are obviously oblivious to all of this, but Woohyun, alone, had to endure all of the gossips which included him and tried to just keep a smile on his face and ignore everything.

But how can you ignore things people were saying about you when you hear everything?

“Oh my god, did Sunggyu ditch Woohyun for his best friend or something?!”

“I thought Woohyun and Sunggyu were dating! I mean, they seemed perfect…maybe Sunggyu dumped him?”

“I kind of feel sorry for Woohyun, I mean, he’s a really nice person…maybe just not Sunggyu’s type?”

No matter how much Woohyun tried to block out everything that was said, he couldn’t help but take in everything at the same time.

He also noticed how Hoya seemed to be hanging around him more often and always trying to make him smile.

He was grateful to him, but at the same time, it just seemed like he was pitying him, and he hated pity.

Hoya, was actually really annoyed by all the gossips going around the school, and pissed at his best friend who was now a lovesick puppy, and being even more oblivious to his surroundings than he was before.

Their used to be ‘three person gang’ concluding of Woohyun, Sunggyu and Hoya was now a ‘four person gang’ with Sungyeol added in.

But everyone can clearly see how weird the ‘four person gang’ was.

On one side of the table, there was a couple playing around playfully with each other, in their own little world while the other two people on the other side of the table seemed like they wanted to be somewhere else, but had nowhere to go.

Woohyun, who never used to like to talk much, was hardly talking at all and Hoya, who didn’t like socializing, with Sunggyu busy with this new relationship, was just devoting all his time to his studies.

/A few weeks later/

Woohyun POV

I boarded the bus towards the convenience store for my part time job and even though it’s been weeks since Sunggyu and Jisun have started dating and he no longer tries to accompany me anymore; the seat next to me always feels cold and empty like it’s missing something, or someone.

He still tells me to be careful, but that’s all…

Narrator POV

Woohyun made his way towards the convenience store, not knowing that there was another guardian angel watching over him, to make sure he would be alright.

However, something was different that day. Besides his new guardian angel watching over him, there was another group of people who were eyeing Woohyun for a long time already and they seem to be ready to make their move.

“Hyung. It’s been a long time since we’ve been watching him. Don’t you think the time is right to make our move? I mean, the guy that used to accompany him here hasn’t come along for weeks...” One guy said.

The other guy who looked the boss, ran his fingers over his lips, smirked and said, “I think the time’s right…Pretty Face…without your ‘bodyguard’, you’re mine.”



 

/apologizes profusely for being a crappy author/

i need to update more often T_T /