Chapter 10

Angel Without Wings

 

/After School/

Sunggyu POV

“Bye Hoya! See you tomorrow; I expect to see you at our meeting point tomorrow morning!” I said as Hoya got into his car.

Actually Hoya was practically fully recovered already but he had to keep the cast on to make sure his leg was really okay.

He is going to get his cast off now so it won’t be just me and Woohyun in the mornings anymore.

Hoya just rolled his eyes at me.

He was hoping for his leg to take a longer time to recover but unluckily for him, his leg recovered much faster than the doctor expected.

He just wanted to use his leg as an excuse to skip physical education classes…such a lazy bum…hmph, only I knew how he sneakily trained his body in his own time.

“I thought Hoya had to leave the cast on for at least a week or more?” Woohyun asked me as we walked towards our neighborhood.

“Yeah, but it took less time than expected for his leg to recover… he’s pissing about it though, he was counting on skipping more physical education classes.” I said and chuckled.

I saw Woohyun giggle and I smiled.

He looks so beautiful when he smiles, but he hardly ever does, and most of the time it’s forced.

Woohyun POV

I was walking next to Sunggyu as he was humming to a tune which was really relaxing.

I was about to compliment him on his singing when all of a sudden I felt my head spin.

I blinked a few times hoping it was just a short dizzy spell and would go away in a second, but my vision started blurring and I stopped walking.

“Woohyun, are you okay?” I heard Sunggyu ask me and I was prepared to nod but I was feeling so dizzy that I couldn’t respond.

I saw Sunggyu’s worried face hovering over me and then I out.

Sunggyu POV

I was just briskly walking and humming to a tune when I realized Woohyun was walking awfully slowly behind me.

His eyebrows were furrowed together and she looked like she was in pain.

He stopped suddenly and held onto his head lightly and I quickly walked towards him.

“JWoohyun, are you okay?” I asked and he looked like he wanted to reply, but couldn’t.

Before I knew it, his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he fell into my arms.

“Woohyun? Woohyun!” I called his name a few times and shook him lightly, but he totally lost consciousness in my arms already.

I should bring him home…But, I didn’t know the address of his house.

Crap…

Wait, mum and dad are out of town and Jihyun was staying at a relative’s house so it would be okay to bring Woohyun home right?

Anyways, I have no other place to take him to…

I carried him bridal style towards my house and was shocked at the fact that it was not tiring at all because he was literally as light as a feather.

It seemed as if he was half my weight, no wonder he looks so pale and weak, he needs to gain weight.

I laid him down on my bed slowly and immediately called our personal doctor.

I used to think our family was really well off, we have a driver and personal doctor etc, just like Hoya’s family does and our street is one of the richest streets in Seoul, but Woohyun lives in the opposite street which is where THE richest people in Seoul live.

The doctor arrived and took me away from my thoughts.

He gave me some nourishment pills and put Woohyun on a drip and before he left, he told me that Wooyhun was severely under nourished.

“Oh wait, Sunggyu.” The doctor all of a sudden said when he was about to leave.

“Yes?” I replied.

“Well, when I was putting the drip on for Woohyun just now, I found some cuts on his wrists and arms…I think he’s probably somebody important to you, I suggest you try to get him to stop. Normally patients who cut themselves have thoughts of suicide so…I also found a few bruises…I suspect he may be a victim of domestic abuse as well.” He said and I was shocked, but nodded and said I understood.

I walked back to the room and I hesitated as I looked at Woohyun’s left arm which was attached to the drip.

But curiosity got the better of me and I slowly lifted up the sleeve of his school sweater and just as the doctor said, it was scarred with cuts all the way from his wrists to his upper arm.

There were old scars but there were a few new ones which made me shiver.

I lifted up the sleeve of his sweater on the other arm and found the same thing including some bruises.

I looked at Woohyun who was still peacefully asleep and brushed away his fringe which was covering his eyes slowly.

Such a beautiful being…why would he do this to himself?

Nothing was making sense…

One of the most popular guys in our school, amazingly handsome, smart and athletic, has a scarily wealthy family background but lies to his peers, has a part time job and now, cuts himself and could possibly be a victim of domestic abuse.

It was like unraveling a ball of yarn and there was no ending where it would stop.

Woohyun POV

When I opened my eyes, I was met with a sky blue ceiling which was very welcoming, but I didn’t know where I was.

I looked to my left and see Sunggyu sleeping next to the bed and I realize I’m probably in Sunggyu’s room.

I get up and realized I’m on a drip and I immediately take the needle out of me.

My sleeves are rolled up and my scars are clearly shown…Could Sunggyu have seen this?

Without thinking too much, I quickly rolled my sleeves down and got my bag.

Looking at Sunggyu’s peaceful sleeping face, I knew I just had to leave a note or something…

I finally found a post it note and before writing a small message on it, I stuck it onto Sunggyu’s hand and quickly left his house before he wakes up.

Sunggyu POV

When I wake up, I realize the bed is empty and I look around me but I know that Woohyun was probably gone by now.

I see the post it note on my hand and read it.

“Thank you, Sunggyu ah.”

I guess I’m going to have to get information out of him tomorrow morning.

/Next Day/

Woohyun POV

I walk towards our meeting place as usual and see Hoya and Sunggyu chatting happily away.

Sunggyu sees me and I see him give me a look, but I can’t register what it means.

“Hoya…I want to have a chat with Woohyun first, can you go off first by yourself?” I hear Sunggyu say.

I give Hoya a look that said ‘please don’t leave me with him’ but Hoya nodded like he knew and just walked off.

“Woohyun ah.” Sunggyu said and held onto my hand and I just looked away from him, not able to meet his eyes.

“I know you probably don’t want to talk about it but…” He says and stops.

I was about to ask him what was wrong when he engulfed me in a tight hug like he never wanted to let go.

“Woohyun ah, I-I don’t want you to hurt yourself. Please don’t…Seeing those scars on your arms, my heart hurts. You know you’re my best friend along with Hoya right?” He says and I feel so happy in his warmth but I frown a little when he says ‘best friend’.

“Every time you have the urge to hurt yourself, think of me Woohyun ah, think of me and how hurt I’ll be and just call or message me and I’ll be there by your side, okay? Promise me Woohyun ah, to never do this again.” Sunggyu continues and I can feel that he won’t let go unless I give him an answer his is satisfied with.

“O-okay…” I say, my mouth muffled by his chest and he finally lets go.

He gives me that signature smile of his and his eyes immediately turn into cute crescent moons which make me smile too.

“Let’s go.” He says and we walk side by side to school.

We finally catch up with Hoya a few steps away from the school gate and Sunggyu immediately jumps on him.

“Hobaby~” Sunggyu croons and I chuckle.

“Ya! Kim Sunggyu! Don’t scare me like that! Hmph, you two have secrets now huh? Hmph, go away stupid Sunggyu.” Hoya says and starts acting like a kid as he ignores Sunggyu.

Sunggyu looks at me for help and I immediately skip over and hold onto Hoya’s arm softly while saying in a super sweet voice with aegyo, “Hoya~” I then proceed to blink my eyes rapidly and pout which lead Hoya to sigh in frustration.

“Okay fine. I forgive you two this time. But don’t leave me out next time okay!” He says cutely and Sunggyu and I pinch each side of his cheek as we nod.

Three of us laugh and we walk into school with smiles on our faces.

 


 

sigh 2 weeks.

i i know T__________T so sorry, i've been back in singapore and was busy as hell i just forgot about everything.

hope you enjoy this chapter :)