3

Angel Without Wings

 

[Next Day]

Woohyun POV

I had a nice dream that I was sleeping on a warm wooly bed and I really did not want to wake up but eventually, I still opened my eyes.

I was expecting to see the grass and pavement since I was kicked out last night, but I awoke in a warmly heated room and had a wool blanket covering me.

What is this place?

I slowly got up from the bed and opened the door of the room.

This is one of the vacation houses as well...but not ours.

Where am I?

A delicious smell tingled my nose and it led me to the kitchen where there was someone cooking.

I sneezed and the person turned around hearing the sound.

"Oh, Woohyun sshi, you're awake." he said and my eyes widened.

The person who was cooking and who was now looking at me with a smile on his face was none other than Kim Sunggyu.

What was I doing here?

He seemed to be able to read my mind as he continued, "I found you outside last night so I brought you in. Don't worry, my parents aren't here."

I couldn't seem to find my words and just silently nodded.

"Come on, I just cooked breakfast." He said and gestured me to the dining table.

I quietly sat down and started eating slowly.

His cooking skills were amazing and I couldn't help but nod my head as I ate.

"Is it that good?" He said and chuckled.

I blushed and replied, "Your cooking skills are really good."

"Thanks, I practice with my mother a lot." he replied and smiled.

He has a really nice smile...

"Erm...I guess I'll get going now." I quickly said and stood up.

"I'll take you." he replied and got up as well.

"No...it's really okay, it's just next door anyways..." I quickly said.

I cannot even imagine what will happen when my parents find out that I spent the night in a guy's house and I got out of the punishment...

Even though I think they would have already realized that I was missing by now.

"I should send you back, your parents would be worried, I can explain to them." Sunggyu said and was already at the door before I could say anything.

As he stood outside the door of our vacation house, I was already shivering at the thought of what was going to happen to me.

"Are you that cold?" Sunggyu said as he caught me shivering and before I could reply, he took off his scarf from his neck and bundled it tightly around my neck.

I was stunned for a while because no one really cared for me before, but I was too worried about how my parents would react to reject Sunggyu’s kind offer.

“Is it that stupid boy who has – “ My mum said with a harsh tone as soon as she opened the door but her expression and tone immediately changed when she saw Sunggyu.

“Oh, and who’s this young handsome man with my son?” She said and put on a fake smile.

Sunggyu, who seemed oblivious to her immediate change in tone said, “Nice to meet you, Mrs. Park. I found Woohyun out in the cold last night and was worried that he would catch a cold so I invited him in for the night.”

“Oh, thank you so much for your kind favor. Woohyun must have fallen asleep outside last night when she was out playing at the farm. Woohyun, he plays too much and forgets everything.” My mum lied but put on her most comforting smile.

I could see Sunggyu believing her every word as he nodded and smiled in tune with her words.

“You better go back now, I’m sure your family has something that you have planned for the day?” My mum said nicely, hinting for Sunggyu to leave.

“Oh, my parents were not home last night, they would be coming back soon. I’ll go back now.” Sunggyu said, smiled, and left.

Why couldn’t this guy lie?!

The moment Sunggyu stepped into the vacation house and closed the door behind him, my mum looked straight at me and said in a deep treacherous voice, “Nam.Woo.Hyun. In the house, now.”

I haven’t even took a step into the house when my mother slapped me hard across my right cheek and luckily I didn’t fall but the stinging sensation on my cheek made me feel dizzy.

“What did that wretched boy do again?” My dad sighed as he walked towards us.

“Instead of fully going through with her punishment, he sought out help from the son of the family in our neighboring vacation house.” My mum said.

“No…it’s not what you think it is…” I tried to say, but I saw my dad shake his head and walk away with a disappointed look on his face which led me to just keep my head bowed down.

Suddenly, my mum grabbed my hair roughly which caused me to stumble forward.

“So are you proud of yourself for spending a night with a guy huh? What do you have to say for yourself?” She said as she pulled harder on my hair.

“I…” I tried to speak up but thought against it as I just tried to keep my tears from coming out of my eyes.

Next, she dragged me across the floor towards the kitchen where she put my head under the running tap and as the water drenched my hair and face, I tried hard to not choke on the water.

“Are you awake now? If you dare even dare to say a word about our family or anything that goes on in this family, you know what will happen.” She said threateningly and then said in a low snide voice, “No one can help you Woohyun. Remember that.”

“Honey, are you ready? Let’s go, just leave that boy alone, and don’t let him spoil our moods.” I heard my dad say and in a few seconds, they were out of the house, leaving me all alone.

I picked up Sunggyu’s scarf which fell onto the floor and went up to my room in the attic.

I quickly dried my face and hair with a small towel I found as I caressed Sunggyu’s scarf slowly.

It was a lovely grey knitted scarf and most importantly, it smelt of him and somehow, it made me feel secure.

It was the only thing that reminds me of love and care, which I saw from him during the night I spent at his house.

Hmm… What should I do today then?

Since I’m all alone…

I looked out of the window and the weather looked perfect to me so I decided to take a stroll outside.

I put on the only winter jacket I have and bundled my neck warmly with Sunggyu’s scarf before I left the house.

It had started snowing the day before and hasn’t stopped and all that could be seen outside were snow covered grass and leafless trees.

The sight was cold and chilly but magical at the same time.

The snow was soft and fluffy and each step I took, my boots went deeper into the snow which made it slightly hard to walk, but fun at the same time.

I decided to make a mini snowman out of the snow that was around me.



 

sigh, totally sad i'm not getting much subscribers from this fic since i've been writing this since forever. :(

but omg thank you for the support from the readers i have! :D