Chapter 4

Angel Without Wings

 

Sunggyu POV

My parents decided to take a stroll outside and also stop by the shop for some groceries at the same time and they were happily getting ready to go out.

What kind of stroll is this in the snow?

It was probably freezing outside and honestly, I really hated winter because I hated being out in the cold.

But I was forced by my over enthusiastic family out of the door and before I knew it, I was pulled out of the comfy warm vacation house into the death like cold outside.

“Come on Sunggyu, don’t be a spoilsport, the snow is lovely!” My mum said happily as she held hands with my dad and my little sister and they skipped off happily in front of me.

I mean, who else in their right mind would actually go for a stroll in this kind of weather?

There was no one to be seen…

Wait, there seems to be a young boy there…

Making a little snowman all by himself…Woohyun?

He is wearing my scarf, it must be Woohyun.

Why is he always alone?

I never see him with his family…

He was smiling as he built the little snowman, but I noticed his right cheek which looked swollen and red.

Did he get hit?

But it would be too nosey of me to pry into other peoples’ businesses right…

At that moment, his little snowman was finished and he stood up and was about to take a few steps back to admire it from a distance when I saw him lose her balance and he was about to fall backwards when I quickly went towards him and caught him in my arms.

“Are you okay?” I immediately asked.

He blushed and quickly replied, “Yes, thank you very much.”

“Your right cheek, it looks painful.” I said as I reached out to gently touch his right cheek.

He flinched slightly away from me and said hurriedly, “Oh, I bumped my cheek accidentally when I walked into the door. Haha, I can be so clumsy at times.”

I could tell straight away he was lying, but I didn’t say anything and just nodded slowly.

“So, what are you doing here alone? Where is your family?” I asked.

“Oh…they went out.” He replied, and it seemed like even he didn’t know where they went.

“How about you?” he quickly asked.

“Oh, I was supposed to go with my parents to the shop…but I guess they went without me.” I said and chuckled.

“I heard that there was a outdoor ice skating ring nearby…which is the only type of modern entertainment here… want to go try it out?” I said as I looked at him eagerly.

I saw his eyes flicker for a while as if he was seriously considering my offer when he said softly, “Sure, but I don’t know how to ice skate.”

“It’s okay, I’ll teach you!” I said and we quickly walked towards the outdoor ice skating ring which was just a few minutes away.

Woohyun POV

I nearly fainted when Sunggyu asked me about my cheek…I thought he wouldn’t believe my lie, but he seemed to just take in everything I say which made me greatly relieved.

I knew if my parents caught me hanging out with him again, I would be punished heavily, but I didn’t want to have to spend the day alone so I agreed to go with him to the outdoor ice skating ring.

Being with Sunggyu just made me feel very secure and he made me feel so comfortable that sometimes I even forget to put up the cover I have to hide the truth about my life.

His smile was very addictive and contagious that it made me want to smile whenever he gave me that cute eye smile of his.

“Aren’t your hands cold?” he asked me suddenly as he looked from his hands which were tucked warmly in gloves and to mine which looked bare and freezing.

“Oh…I’m fine.” I quickly said.

The truth is, my old gloves had worn out and I haven’t got the money to buy new ones, but it would be weird if I said this to Sunggyu since everyone knew how wealthy my family was.

He seemed to believe me, but all of a sudden, he took of a glove from one of his hands and held my left hand softly.

“Wha…” I was about to say when he exclaimed, “Ya! Your hands are freezing, how can you be fine?”

“But I only have one pair of gloves…hmm…” He said as he stared at his gloves in his palms.

“I know!” He said suddenly as he put on a glove on his left hand and took my right hand and put the glove on it as well.

Then he held onto my left hand with his right hand and put it into the pocket of this jacket which contained a heat pack.

“I’m so clever right?” He said and smiled at me.

I didn’t know what to say and just nodded softly.

It was the first time I ever had such intimate contact with a guy before and holding hands seemed like what only a couple would do.

Maybe Sunggyu is just a really kind and nice person, I thought to myself.

He reminds me of the times I had with…

Sigh…how long has it been already?

5 years?

I should stop thinking about that person anymore…

“We’re here!” Sunggyu said ecstatically and pulled me towards the outdoor skating ring.

It was an absolutely enchanting sight as people gracefully skated across the sky as the snow fell around them.

I was struggling with the ice skating shoes when I saw that Sunggyu had already skillfully put on his.

Why were the shoelaces on this thing so complicated?



 

well obviously i took a break.,

a long one. still emotionally, mentally and physically exhausted.

and lack of comments and readers make me just feel worse, but thanks for the lovely comments :3