Chapter 15

Angel Without Wings

 

Sunggyu POV

As soon as the papers were collected, everyone bustled out the room cheering and chatting happily and I realized only Hoya, Woohyun and I were left in the room.

It might seem weird, but It felt awkward and I couldn’t bring myself to talk to either of them.

I see them talking and all of a sudden, Woohyun who got up from his seat collapsed into Hoya’s arms.

I immediately ran towards them and said worriedly, “Hoya! What’s wrong with Woohyun?!”

To my surprise, he gave me a look of disappointment and annoyance.

“If you actually paid any attention to Woohyun after you started dating Sungyeol, you would actually notice how skinny and weak he has become. It has gotten worse because of the exam period, but you never bothered about anything besides what happens in your lovey dovey relationship anymore, so don’t act like you care now, Sunggyu.” He said and carried Woohyun out of the classroom.

Why didn’t I realize that I was selfishly only caring about myself and Sungyeol?

I was so caught up in our relationship that everything that happened around us didn’t seem to appeal to me…but it seems clearer now.

After the fight with Sungyeol, it seemed to have woken me up.

If we, so called to be a deeply in love couple, fight over the relationship being a long-distance one, doesn’t that mean that our love isn’t as strong as I always thought it was?

When I talked about finding a western boyfriend, he didn’t say I was wrong, nor did he deny it…what happened today just seemed to make me see life in a clearer sight.

I put my friends to a side; the friends that would actually care about me, and replaced them with Jisun, who might have given me what I wanted for a short period of time, but it wouldn’t last.

Is it too late to get back the friendship I had with my friends before?

/Last Day of High School/

Woohyun POV

I looked at Sungyeol, shocked, about what he just told me.

He was leaving tomorrow to America where he would attend University…

I knew this was what he always talked about wanting to do, but I just never thought that he would really do it.

“Have you told Sunggyu yet?” I asked.

“Yeah, we fought about this yesterday already…” Sungyeol replied.

They fought? The lovey dovey couple that always gives in to each other fought?

“You guys fought? Didn’t Sunggyu congratulate you or something? I mean I’m sure you can go through a long distance relationship or something…” I suggested.

Sungyeol ran his fingers through his hair lazily and replied, “I don’t know really… It’s not just about me leaving…I feel like we’re getting nowhere with our relationship, and to be honest, I’m getting a little bored of it, and maybe leaving is actually a good thing so we can have some time separated and think things out? We don’t necessarily have to break up for good…”

I don’t know why, but hearing what Sungyeol said, I just felt angry in a second. How can he be so selfish? He doubts their relationship, but he doesn’t want to let him go for good? That’s the most selfish thing someone could do…

“Whatever. Why are we talking about this? You’re going to make me cry because I’ll miss you so much…Let’s go get ready for my farewell party~!” Sungyeol said, already hyper.

/Few hours later/

Woohyun POV

I was trying to walk, but the skinny jeans seemed to make walking much harder than usual and the tank top I had on was so flimsy, the leather jacket being no help at all.

How did I let Sungyeol trick me into wearing something like this?

It was the first time ever, that I actually dressed up, okay this was not dressed up, this was forcing me to make a fool out of myself, I, Nam Woohyun, cannot look handsome or y.

The only reason I didn’t scream and shout was because this could be the last time I would see Sungyeol for a long time…

Sungyeol sauntered out of the bathroom, wearing even tighter jeans than mine and they were even ripped, while he wore a top which revealed him back.

“Sungyeol, what kind of outfit is this? It’s so revealing and uncomfortable and I look weird…” I said softly.

He put his arm around me and said, “Aww~ you look hot.” Then he started laughing hysterically.

What was wrong with him? Oh my god, where was that alcohol smell coming from…

“Sungyeol?!!??! Did you drink already?!? We aren’t even at the club yet!” I said.

“Who cares? I need something to loosen me up, anyways, I’ll be drunk later, why not start earlier~” He said, slurring his words.

I held onto his arm since he was stumbling as he walked, but he pushed my hand away assuring that he was fine.

By the time we reached the club, everyone was already there.

Sungyeol immediately started ordering drinks while I walked as slow as I could into the club, mentally cursing at my outfit.

Why did Sungyeol have to choose a club for his farewell party? And why did I let him choose an outfit for me…

Sungyeol seemed to have disappeared so I walked towards Hoya and Sunggyu who were the only people I recognized sitting down.

“Woohyun?” Sunggyu said, his eyes going wide when he saw me.

“Er…Sungyeol made me wear this.” I said awkwardly.

“Where’s Sungyeol?” I asked.

“Seems like he’s busy.” Sunggyu said, his face black as he looked towards somewhere.

I followed his gaze and found Sunyeol attached to a guy as they dance seductively with each other.

“Oh my god, Sungyeol, what are you doing?! Your boyfriend is watching, you know?!” I whispered into his ear as soon as I walked over towards him.

“Go away,Woohyun… I want to have fun~! Don’t be a party pooper, and I don’t think he’s my boyfriend anymore~” He said, and pushed me away.

What kind of farewell party is this?

It’s just for Sungyeol to have fun before he leaves, and what if he does something that he regrets later on?

But he seems so lost in the alcohol, I can’t do anything.

I go back to find Hoya and Sunggyu but I only found Sunggyu sitting there gulping down glasses of alcohol.

“Where’s Hoya?” I asked.

“Bathroom? I don’t know…” Woohyun said, and I noticed how his eyes were misted and he was slurring his words.

“Sunggyu, stop drinking, you’re drunk.” I said, taking the glass away from his hands and I expected him to fight against me, so I was really shocked when his body fell against mine and he embraced me in a hug while his face was buried in the crook of my neck.

“Sung…gyu?” I said, but I realized he was sobbing silently into my shoulder and so I relaxed and patted him slowly on the back.

“I feel so stupid…I should have known that someone like Sungyeol wouldn’t care about other peoples’ feelings, and I would get hurt.” He mumbled softly.

“It’s okay; you’ll find someone else, right?” I said softly.

“Hmph, Hoya wouldn’t give me a hug, he says its gay…you smell nice, Woohyun…” He says and breathes in deeply.

I was frozen, not knowing what to do or say as I could feel my heartbeat increasing rapidly.

“Woohyun…I’m so sorry for neglecting you all this while, now I realize, you still make me feel the most comfortable…even better than Hoya…” He says softly and I hug him back.

Hoya returns from the bathroom and he eyes Sunggyu in my arms with a confused look.

“He’s drunk?” Hoya mouths and I nod slowly.

At that moment, Sungyeol comes sauntering over with a guy and says, “Looks like you’re having fun with Sunggyu, I’ll be leaving with this gentleman here~ Bye~”

Before I could say anything, he has disappeared with the guy into a sea of people and I sigh.

“Can we go home?” Sunggyu mumbles softly and looks up at me with puppy eyes.



 

I don't know. how i'm going to continue this.