Chapter 13

Angel Without Wings

 

Woohyun POV

/Midnight/

I thank my manager, walk out of the convenience store and stretch my limbs.

I was exhausted, but luckily didn’t have any homework or assignments for the day.

I was thinking about how I could actually get some rest today when I felt a hand on my mouth which came from behind me and I was dragged away from the convenience store.

I was in shock and couldn’t do anything. The arms around me kept me from struggling and I wasn’t allowed to scream and before I knew it, tears started to flow down my cheeks.

The only thing that came into my mind was Sunggyu.

Save me, my angel.

The person who had his hands over my mouth finally stopped in an alley and a guy appeared in front of me.

He wore a sly smirk on his face which made me shiver in fear.

“Ya! Why is he crying? Ya! You’re hurting him!” He said and I felt the arms holding me back loosen and the hand over my mouth disappeared.

“You’re one pretty thing…” The guy in front of me said and took me by the chin.

“Wh-at do you w-ant?” I trembled as I spoke.

“Well, I’ve been watching you for a long time…do you know how torturing it was for me to watch a pretty little thing like you work so hard? It just makes me want to take care of you…” He said and caressed my face.

“Don’t touch me…” I said softly, not having the strength to scream or run away.

“Don’t worry…we won’t hurt you…well, I can’t promise you that…” He said and I could feel his face getting closer to mine and I immediately closed my eyes tight.

At that moment, I heard a groan and some shouts and when I opened my eyes, I found the guy who was in front of me just now, on the ground, clutching his cheek and the other guys on the floor as well.

I look to my right and see Hoya, breathless, his knuckles bruised and bleeding.

“Hoya!” I say worriedly and ask him if he was alright, but it ended up with him asking me frantically if I was alright and I nodded and said, “You saved me.”

“I was watching over you all this while, Woohyun ah…” Hoya said softly, and looked at me with his worried eyes, and I could swear I felt so safe at that moment.

I lost my angel, but gained another guardian angel who was watching over me all this while?

At that moment, I saw the guy who was threatening me just now get up and was about to hit Hoya.

“Hoya!” I shouted, and quickly wrapped my arms tightly around him and closed my eyes tightly to prepare for the impact, but it never came.

“Woohyun…Oh my god!” Hoya said and searched my face and body for any signs of impact, but I shook my head and we turned to see a guy with a mask over his nose and mouth, only showing his eyes, holding onto the bad guy’s wrist and must be giving him a lot of pain because the guy was groaning in pain and begging him to let go.

I tried to find out who our savior was, but I could only see his eyes and even though he seemed kind of familiar, I just couldn’t make out who he was.

“Go. Now.” The guy said and continued to take out each guy that threw themselves at him.

“Is it right to just leave him here?” I said, and Hoya seemed to be thinking the same thing, but I could tell that Hoya’s face was getting paler by the second and I knew he was losing blood from his wound.

I took one more glance at our savior’s back and walked off with Hoya.

We went to a nearby clinic that was open 24/7 and as I was waiting outside for Hoya, I thought about the guy that saved us again.

I was sure of it that he wasn’t a stranger.

Why would a stranger help us? He must be someone we know…

His eyes…and his back view…It just seems so familiar to me somehow, but I can’t remember who it belongs to.

“Woohyun, let’s go, I’ll send you home…” Hoya says and when we reached the doorstep to my house, it started to rain but even though I wanted to give Sunggyu my umbrella, he insisted he’ll be fine and ran towards the direction of his house.

“Thank you, Hoya …” I mumbled softly when he was gone and went into the house.

I was about to sleep when I heard a of lightning outside my window.

I shivered in my blankets and forced myself to close my eyes even if I knew what awaits me…

Narrator’s POV

Woohyun was trembling under the sheets, perspiration beads on his forehead as the memories of that particular night ran through his mind, forcing him to remember everything as if it was happening again.

“Hyungg…Hyun….Hyung…” Woohyun mumbled in his sleep as he continued to toss around his bed, tears flowing down his cheeks uncontrollably.

“Save me…Hyung…don’t leave…”

A loud of lightning brought Woohyun out of the nightmare and he sat up on his bed, still shivering.

He buried his face in his hands as he cried muffled sobs.

Woohyun POV

Why must I have this nightmare every time it is a thunderstorm night?

But today…the nightmare seemed more realistic and different than the other times somehow…

Normally I wouldn’t even see his face before I wake up…but this time…I saw his face, as he turned back to look at me one last time…

That perfect, handsome face, but cold looking and heartless as he stepped out of the door…

/The next day/

Narrator’s POV

Sunggyu, Hoya, Woohyun and Sungyeol were walking towards the school gates as usual with Sunggyu and Sungyeol skipping off happily behind while Woohyun and Hoya walked slowly a distance away from them.

“Does it still hurt a lot?” Woohyun said worriedly as she pointed towards Hoya’s bandaged knuckles.

“I’ll be alright.” Hoya replied and smiled reassuringly.

At that moment, a boy who was bouncing happily in front of them, blocked their view and Hoya said, “Ya, Lee Sungjong, what are you doing?”

“Awww Hobaby! Why do you seem unhappy to see me? Aren’t I your good friend as well…?” The guy pouted and Hoya chuckled while Woohyun looked confused as he did not know who he was.

“Oh, Woohyun ah… This is…” Hoya was about to introduce Sungjong to Woohyun when he got interrupted.

“Woohyun sshi! Nice to meet you finally. I’m Lee Sungjong, and I want to ask you a few things.” Sungyejong said.

“Okay…” Woohyun replied.

“So, you were actually the first rumored guy to be dating Sunggyu, but now it is your best friend who is by his side…and you didn’t voice your opinions about this yet…Being the 2nd gossip king of the school, I would like to know what you th-“Sungjong was cut off as Hoya pushed his face out of their sight, stopping him from talking as there was a huge hand in his face.

“Hoya…It’s alright, don’t hurt him.” Woohyun said and looked worriedly at Sungjong to see if he was hurt.

“Ya, Hoya, I’m going to tell Woo, just you wait!” Sungjong said and walked off.

“Woo?” Woohyun said, confused.

“Haha, it’s just the nickname of his best friend… I’ve never met him before, apparently he studies at another school and is older than us and according to Sungjong, he is very scary and will kill us for bullying Sungjong…blahblahblah.” Hoya said.



 

trying my best to update weekly, but updates may get slower from this week onwards as i have 100000 deadlines. 3rd year of high school .