Chapter 9

Angel Without Wings

 

/The next day/

Sunggyu POV

I met Woohyun in the morning at our usual spot but this time I was alone.

“Hoya?” He asked when he saw me alone.

“Remember he injured his leg? For the time for his leg to recover he’ll be driven to school by his driver. So it’ll just be two of us, and he decided to skip school today using his leg as an excuse.” I said and made a face.

He nodded, and I noticed how pale and tired his face looked.

“I thought you have no work for this week, why do you still look so tired?” I asked worriedly.

I had finally decided to tell Woohyun a few days back about how I saw him at the convenience store and asked him about his part time job and he told me she needed the money.

I was confused, but all he said was that she needed the money for his daily necessities and to save up for the future.

Knowing he didn’t seem to like talking about her personal issues, I just accepted that reason, at least he opened up to me right?

“Just tired…” was all he said.

“Get more rest okay? I don’t like seeing you tired all the time…” I said softly and he gave me a small smile which was enough to show that he was thankful for my care.

As we were nearing the school gate, I saw Woohyun’s eyes widen as she looked at his clock on his hand phone and before I could ask what was wrong, he grabbed my hand and started rushing towards the school gates.

“Wha- Woohyun?” I said but he didn’t reply me.

His hand was much smaller than mine but his grip was exceptionally tight as he pulled me behind him towards our classroom.

“Woosh, one minute left.” He said as he stopped outside the classroom.

Woah, he may look weak and tired all the time, but he sure can run fast, I was breathless but he was smiling at me.

Then, he realized that he was still holding onto my hand and quickly let go.

“We were going to be late.” He said and looked away shyly as we walked into the classroom.

/After School/

Sunggyu POV

“Woohyun, I’m going to go see Hoya, want to come with?” I asked but he shook he head slowly and said, “I have assignments due…tell Hoya I wish his leg gets better soon and I hope to see him tomorrow at school too.”

So in the end we said goodbye at the junction and he walked towards his house while I walked towards Hoya’s house which was just a few houses away from mine.

I was let in by Hoya’s mum who greeted me warmly and the moment I opened Hoya’s door, I yelled, “Ya! Lee Howon, you lazy bum!”

He was lying comfortably on his bed and using his laptop when he turned around and gave me a ‘WTH’ look.

“I’ll go to school tomorrow anyway…” He said lazily.

I sat down next to him and said, “Oh, Woohyun wished that your leg get better soon and he hopes to see you tomorrow.”

Hoya turned around and started staring at me, his eyes slowly becoming a thin line.

“What? Something on my face?” I said.

“Ya, don’t act dumb. I got some texts today regarding you and Woohyun. Seems like you two had fun without me in school today…” He said and smirked.

I cocked my head to a side and looked at him with a blank face.

He took out his phone and started reading out a text to me.

“Ya, Lee Howon! Your bestie had fun without you today! Look, he was holding hands with the quiet but amazingly handsome Nam Woohyun.” Hoya read out and continued, “Look, there are photos too.”

I snatched the phone from his hands and looked at the photos.

They clearly showed Woohyun holding onto my hand and were taken quite clearly. Why didn’t I notice someone taking photos of us?

“Ya, who sent this to you?!” I said furiously.

“Obviously, the school rumor king, Lee Sungyeol…You know he gets the best scoops and how something he knows will spread like wild fire in the school…good luck.” Hoya said and took his phone away from my hands as I was clutching onto it a little too tightly.

“I’m going to break his neck…” I muttered.

“I don’t think you should do that… you know he is Woohyun’s best friend right? I don’t think you want to mess with him…Woohyun may not be happy with that…” Hoya said and looked at Sunggyu with a warning look.

“But if he continues…he’s cute, but he should stop gossiping.” Sunggyu replied.

I just groaned and hope that all will be well at school the next day.

/The next day/

Woohyun POV

As I walked towards the meeting point to meet Sunggyu, to be honest, I was a little nervous.

This morning, Sungyeol had sent me a text message which gave me the shivers.

“Woohyunah~ Rumors of you and Sunggyu dating have already spread throughout the school like wild fire after photos of you guys holding hands were put on social network sites! You should thank me, but anyway, Sunggyu is still mine okay, you know how much I like him! Anyway, I even heard that some of your fangirls and Sunggyu’s fangirls had a small fight yesterday…Good luck, I’ll see you in school!”

Fanclub fight? Not something that I’m looking forward to seeing…

I saw Sunggyu’s uneasy smile and knew he probably knew about what was going on too.

“You know too? The fanclub fight thing…” I said and I saw his eyes widen.

I showed him the text message and he groaned before saying, “Hoya told me something about the photos and rumors…but the fanclub fight…Oh my god…”

Sunggyu POV

At that moment, I got a ridiculously insane but interesting idea.

“Hmm…instead of denying the rumors, why don’t we fight fire with fire?” I said with a smirk and held onto Woohyun’s hand.

“Wha- What are you doing Sunggyu?” Woohyun said with a gasp.

“People believe whatever they see nowadays right…so why don’t we just give them what they want.” I continued and held onto his hand tightly, with no intention to let go.

“We shouldn’t do this…” Woohyun muttered.

We walked down the corridors amongst gasps and whispers.

“Oh my god! The fangirl fight yesterday was not even needed…look…”

“This is daebak. Popular couple…DAEBAKKKKKKKKKKKK!”

I stopped in front of Hoya who was in front of his locker, trying to get his books out with one hand.

“Ya, Kim Sunggyu , don’t you know how to help your best friend?” Hoya said and I took his books with my left hand.

“Ya, can’t you use two hands, you’re not injured…Wha-“ Hoya started complaining but stopped as he stared at my hand which was tightly holding onto Woohyun’s.

“No way…” He said and looked at us for an explanation.

“Fighting fire with fire, we give them what they want, no harm towards us anyways.” I said and smiled.

Hoya POV

*Facepalm*

What the hell…

“Is this one of Kim Sunggyu’s weird and quirky ideas again…?” I said.

“I said we shouldn’t do this…” Woohyun whispered and I knew Sunggyu once again, just did what he liked.

“Sometimes I wonder why I am even friends with you…” I muttered, to be engulfed in a hug immediately.

“Aww, Hobaby, you know I love you the most right? I’ll hold your hand too!” Sunggyu said and held onto the hand which was not holding the crutch.

“I already have difficulty walking must you do this?!” I complained but Sunggyu said, “Its okay, we’ll walk slowly with you.”

I started hearing more whispers from the sides.

 “Is this a joke?! We can never know what is going on if it’s concerning Kim Sunggyu…”

“Sunggyu’s holding Woohyun’s hand too?! Are they in a love triangle?!”

Love triangle?!

I tried to pry my hand out of Sunggyu’s grasp, but he was too strong.

Who knew hamster could actually be so strong…

“Ya, are you seriously going to do this?” I said as soon as we settled down into our seats and I eyed Woohyun who was now in a conversation with his best friend at the other side of the class.

“If we deny it, it will affect our friendship, the fangirls wouldn’t want us to be together, but if we just go along with it, people will just accept it, and anyways, who cares about relationships? It won’t matter if it’s real or not, it doesn’t affect me.” Sunggyu said.

“How about Woohyun? Did you ask him how he feels about this?” I asked and crossed my arms.

I see him scratch his head and replied sheepishly, “Er, no, but I’m sure he’s fine with it right?”

I sighed.



 

sigh. annoyed at myself. i feel that this story is not good enough.