1

Angel Without Wings

 

Woohyun POV

"Hi!" I say cheerfully to my fellow classmates.

Everyone waves back to me and I go to my seat and sit down.

Everyone immediately gathered around my table and started asking me questions about my vacation.      

Sometimes I wonder how I ever became this popular.

Probably because I have a smile on my face every single moment and I treat everyone nicely.

I may seem very lucky - good grades, popular, not that bad looking and I come from a well of family.

But what do we really know about a person by just seeing the things on the surface?

Is what we see always what is true?

"Woohyun! Quickly tell us how your vacation went! How was America?" One of the guys asked me and everyone else crowded closely, ready to hear my story.

I quickly eyed the only person in the class who was not gathered around me.

He glanced away and I started with my story on my so called vacation spend in America.

Anyway, these people believe in all my stories, real or fake.

Sunggyu POV

There he goes again with his 'famous' stories.

Those people gathered around him are the most naive people I have ever met.

he eyed me secretly and I quickly avoided his gaze by glancing away.

I heard a few snippets of his story and snickered.

he must be really talented to be able to make up all these different stories all the time.

At first, I could have believed them as well since he had a wealthy family background, but knowing the truth since I saw him during the vacation, I knew everything was just a lie.

It must be tiring...to have to act so...happy all the time like nothing's wrong when obviously everything’s not right…

His so called 'vacation' to America?

he never even went overseas during this holiday...It’s all a lie!

I wonder how he kept her secret so well all this time...

/1 month ago/

Sunggyu POV

What the hell am I doing here for the holidays?

Aren't holidays for fun and excitement?

I really don't understand why my family forced me to come with them to the countryside.

I won’t deny that the house we're going to be staying at is amazing, but there's nothing to do over here.

All I can see around us is endless grass, farms and animals.

Yup, I just knew it was going to be a GREAT holiday.

I mean, who else besides me in our year will spend a holiday in this kind of place?!

"Ya! Kim Sunggyu! You better come and help with the suitcases now!" My mum shouted and I quickly got out of the car to help me before she started to scold me again.

While I was lugging the suitcases out of the car, my parents and little sister were gushing over the house.

"Isn't anyone going to help me?!" I muttered under my breath.

As I came out of the house to get the last of the bags, I spotted a guy my age carrying a huge bag of...groceries into the house next to ours.

He looked like he was around the same age as I was and I tried to see how he looked like, but his fringe was covering his face as he painfully carried the bags into the house.

He seemed to be having a hard time...the bags look heavy.

But before I could decide whether or not I should go and help him, he disappeared into the house.

I shrugged.

I'll probably meet him again since we were staying here for the whole 1 month of holiday we had so there was no rush.

"Ya! Kim Sunggyu!" I heard my mum shout again and I quickly took the last of the bags into the house and closed the door, shutting the chilly wind away.

"Why must you keep shouting? Do you know how many bags there are?" I complained.

"I know, that's why I wanted you to be quick because it's so cold outside, I wouldn't want my dear son to catch a cold right?" My mum said and pulled me into a warm embrace.

Even though I was going to turn 17 soon, I was still my mummy's little boy and I quickly snuggled in her arms which were much warmer than any sweater or jacket.

"Ya! That's so unfair! I want a hug too!" My 10 year old sister protested.

"Ya! Don't fight with me! Go away!" I said and playfully stuck out my tongue at her.

"Come here, Jihyun ah, daddy will give you a hug!" My dad said and quickly hugged Jihyun before she could protest further.

Woohyun POV

I was forced to go out in the chilly weather all by myself to buy some groceries back from the shop which was a half hour walk away.

As I was walking back with the groceries, I spotted a car and a family who arrived at the house next to ours.

I was nearing the door of our house when I spotted a guy around my age who seemed to be the son of that family.

His face was so familiar...no way...he was Kim Sunggyu...and is in the same class as I was!

If he knew I was here...and not in America for the holidays as I supposedly told everyone in the class...

I quickly made sure my hair was covering my face as I struggled to balance the groceries in my hands and at the same time find the key for the door.

Luckily, I made it into the house without any suspicion from him.

As soon as I stepped into the house, my mum said annoyingly, "Ya! Why did you take such a long time to buy just groceries?"

I softly replied, "It takes half an hour to go there...then another half hour to come back so..."

But before I could finish my sentence, I received a tight slap across my face and I fell to the floor from the impact.

"Still trying to make excuses for yourself?" my mum said and I quickly shook my head.

"Mummy! I'm hungry!" I heard my little sister complain, and this took my mum's attention away from me.

"Mummy's coming to make lunch! Blame that stupid brother of yours for taking such a long time to just buy some groceries back!" My mum said and before she left, she said, "Go to your room. You're not allowed into the kitchen for the rest of the day for your sloppiness."


 

A/N: god my new chaptered woogyu fic! I have no idea if it's okay, and god I rather write oneshots, but this story came to me so....

and thanks for my readers who subscribed :)

Feedback please?

P.S. teal colored is the past/flashback :) black is present day.

omg thank you so much hamgyulover for pointing out my mistake. (actually i edited this story it wasn't supposed to be woogyu so it has many mistakes) i'll edit them before i post !