Wink

I Thought He Was the Same As the Others

The next day, I went to school. We had a test. When I got to the classroom, I greeted my classmates good morning, but they all greeted me back with a cold stare. I stepped back a little, but I gathered up my courage and sat on my chair quietly. I sat still for a moment. Then, I heard someone saying something.

“H-Hey…did you hear? They said that Kazehaya-san from 1-D was involved in an accident yesterday. They said that he saved Sadako. He got badly hurt.” “Woah…poor guy… humph, even Sadako involves other students from other classes in her tricks.” “The ghost did it again huh?” “Why would he even save a ghost?” “Yeah…maybe Sadako has some unfinished business…”

Then I heard laughter.

It hurts. Really hurts. The atmosphere is really killing me. It just makes me sadder. I looked out the window. I saw some girls chatting by a tree. They all look nice. Attractive. But one girl caught my attention.

WOW…she’s really really pretty…I can’t stop looking at her… With that long, wavy, light brown hair…and those beautiful brown eyes… I wanna be pretty too…

“Hey, Sadako, looking for a new victim?” Someone said out loud, then the whole class chuckled. Tears began pouring out of my eyes. Then I slowly looked at them. They all froze. “Uh…gomen…gomen…” They all turned away. I just sighed and rubbed my eyes.

At lunch time, I went back to my locker. As I closed the locker’s door, I saw Kazehaya with his friends. “Hi Kuronuma.” He smiled at me. I felt a fuzzy…weird feeling in my chest. “H-hi…”

“Oi, Kazehaya, why are you calling her Kuronuma? Isn’t her name Sadako?” His two friends laughed. Kazehaya spoke. “No that’s not-“

“Hey you…” His friend with brown hair took a step forward and pointed at me. “Look at what you’ve done to Kazehaya. He was injured, and it’s all your fault.” “H-huh…?” I tried to say something but he cut me off. “If you weren’t standing there on the street, this wouldn’t have happened.” “I-I-“

“Hey! Stop blaming it on her!” Kazehaya yelled. His two friends were startled. “But Kazeha-“

“It’s not her fault that I was injured, I wanted to save her!” His two friends fell silent for a moment. “Apologize to her.” Kazehaya said sternly. “S-Sorry…” The guy with the brown hair said. “G-Gomen.” The other one said faintly.

“I guess I’ll see you around Kuronuma.” Kazehaya said. “A…Arigato…” I said. “It’s ok…you didn’t really do anything wrong anyway.” He winked and he walked away with his friends. I can’t believe he winked at me.

I couldn’t take my eyes off of him. He’s so…kind…

I touched my cheeks.

They were very warm.