Nice To Meet You

I Thought He Was the Same As the Others

I opened my eyes slowly. They felt heavy. I slowly lifted my head up. My vision was a little blurred and shaky. “H-huh…?” I looked to my right side. A boy was lying beside me. I saw a tiny puddle of blood near his head. Blood! I sat up immediately and tilted his head a little.

Kaze…haya?“Ah…! Kazehaya-san!!!” he opened his eyes. His forehead was bleeding a little. “K-Kuronuma…you’re safe…”

He knows my name…? … I was speechless for a moment. I almost forgot about our current condition. The car that nearly bumped us stopped. The next moment, I heard sirens. “Hang on!” I said.

*****

I opened my eyes, seeing a white ceiling and hearing continuous beeps. I’m in a hospital. I sat up and examined myself. I got a few bruises and scratches. …

Where’s Kazehaya-san? I looked to my left side. He’s lying on a bed next to mine. He had a bandage on his forehead. He’s sleeping. Now I felt like sleeping too…I closed my eyes again then I…

“Kuronuma…” I heard him say my name. I quickly opened my eyes. “K-Kazehaya…san…?” I quickly looked to where he was.

“I’m glad you’re safe. Are you ok? Does it hurt anywhere? Sorry I pushed you so hard…” He said, looking at me, looking guilty. “A-Ah…no…I’m ok…Thank you for saving me…” …everything fell silent. I could even hear my own breathing.

“Um…how did you know my name?” I suddenly asked. He bowed his head. “You…showed me the direction to school when we were still in junior high. After that…we never had the chance to talk.” “…! Ah! …I remember now…sorry, I kinda forgot about that…” I said shyly.

He looked away. “That’s because you kept looking at Ryuu-san. You didn’t notice me at all.” I fell silent for a moment. But after a few seconds, he looked at me again and smiled. “But that’s ok. You saw me wave at you yesterday, right?”

My face suddenly turned all red. “Ah…sorry…I didn’t know who you were…”

 He just flashed me another smile.“Then let’s start again.” “Eh…?” I don’t know what he’s talking about. After a few seconds, he reached out his hand and grabbed mine. He shook my hand.

Nice to meet you, I’m Kazehaya Shouta.” I blushed. “I-I’m Kuronuma Sawako…” He let go of my hand.

“Let’s be friends, ok?”