You Really Don't Get It, Do You?

I Thought He Was the Same As the Others

 

Night time. The moon looked beautiful. Everyone looked happy, excited for the dance.

“SA—WAKO~!” Chizu called, waving at me. “OVER HERE!!!!”

I walked to where they were. “Chizu-chan, Ayane-chan…good work today…” I smiled. “Yeah, good work today.” Ayane said.

Chizu laughed. “Um…matte…I think I need to go to the restroom, I’ll be back…!” She headed off. Ayane and I looked at the moon. “Pretty, ne?” “Yes…kirei…”

Chizu cleared . “You know Sawako, ever since you met Kazehaya, you’ve become…quite timid.” “Eh?” “Well, compared to what I heard before, some students from your class said you were a bit cold and a bit more…of a loner. But not timid.” I looked at her questioningly. “What are you trying to say?” “Hmm…”

“I’m trying to say you’ve become…a bit more girly. That’s a complement, okay?”

…I’ve become…more girly…?

“Arigato.”

-“Hey.”

Chizu and I turned around.

Kurumi…chan…

“Kurumi, what is it?” Chizu looked at her. “Mind if I borrow Sawako for a minute?” Chizu looked curious. “Uh,…Mmmm…”

Kurumi and I talked behind a tree. “Kurumi, is there something you need?” “…Do you think you’ve beaten me?” “E-Eh? You seriously took the class’s café and your class’s stand as a contest? I don’t think anyone won. I think both of our class did a good job.”

“Wh-What are you talking about?”

“Before the festival started, you told me I lost, right?”

She pushed me against the tree. “K-Kurumi…?”

“BAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU REALLY DON’T GET IT, DO YOU?…you…idio…”

“K-Kurumi…? I don’t understand…”

“Can’t you see?! Kazehaya li—”

Kurumi fell to the grass. “…don’t…hurt him. I’ve already had enough too much regrets.” “…K…Ku…” She stood up. “Don’t…disappoint me.” She walked away, clenching her fists.

----

“Don’t…disappoint me.”

----

I walked back to where Chizu and Ayane were. “Sawako, something happened?”

“…it’s nothing.”