Advice Please

I Thought He Was the Same As the Others

 

Everyone worked hard to make the advice café a success. I sat behind the advice table and readied myself. I felt so nervous. I wonder what I should tell the first customer. It depends on their situation. I wonder if their problems are about school…

The curtain moved. A girl sat on the chair. “W-Welcome. How can I help you?” She fidgeted. “I’m Ueno from class C. I have a problem. Um…I have…a…love problem.”

L-L-LOVE…!

“What is it then?” I asked her. “Well…I have this friend…and…I really…like him. I tried to confess many times…but every time I do, I start to get really nervous and end up saying nevermind. What if he rejects me? Now, a girl in my class likes him too. Wh-What should I do?! I don’t know how to deal with it anymore! What if they get together?! Waaah…! I don’t know how I should feel anymore…!” she cried.

I raised my hands slowly towards her to calm her down. “Shhh…I’ll try my best to help you.”

I don’t even know what to tell her. … Just say what’s on your mind.

“Well, Ueno-san…do you know his feelings?” She shook her head. I nodded and touched the crystal ball. I started to move my fingers around it.

“Then first, you need to gather up all your courage. You need to be sure of his feelings. You never know what he might be thinking of you too. Now you say there’s another girl in class who likes him. Compete with her fairly. Don’t try to sabotage her because this could lead to bad karma. Now, If he rejects you, don’t be too sad. At least you told him your feelings. Just…be yourself. That’s the most important thing.”

She stopped crying. “I hope I was able to help you…” “Arigato Sadako…! I’ll try my best! Thanks so much!!!” She slowly left the room with a smile saying I’ll do it!

…did I really help her? I hope so. …

8 more students came. All of them have love problems. Why isn’t anyone asking about school? …

Our class took a break. Hirano-san checked on me. “How’s it goin’?” “Fine, thanks.” She handed me a glass of water. “I’ll see you later.” She left.

After a few moments, the curtain opened again.

Advice please.”

Kazehaya-kun said and sat on the chair.