Coffee & Green Tea

I Thought He Was the Same As the Others

The next day happened to be the day of the baseball tournament which is going to be held in school. I was helping the coach and the other students carry the balls and other equipment to the storage room. Obviously, they were all shaking and trembling. I’m used to these things…until…

---

Apologize to her.

I’m your friend right?  

Also…I would never get mad at you…!

---

He’s such a nice person. The first person ever to understand who I really am.

Almost all the students are in the field, some are practicing, some are watching, some are cheering. The boys were playing baseball. After a few more minutes, it was break time.

There were a lot of students. The other girls went to the cafeteria. The other guys went to their lockers.

…?

Kazehaya

I walked to where he was. He looked tired. He was panting. “You were great out there Kazehaya-kun…” I said. He just smiled. I pulled something out from my pocket. “Here.” I handed him a can of coffee.

“T-Thanks.” He smiled and opened the can. “So Kuronuma, which game are you taking part in?”

“Soccer.” “Oh…” He said. He was sweating a lot. Then, we heard a whistle. “K-Kazehaya-kun…we need to practice soccer now.”

“Well then, Good Luck.” He gave me a high five. “Thanks…!” I said and went to the field.

***

It was time for another break. I went back to my locker. I took a towel and wiped my face. I was getting all sweaty and hot. Then, someone tapped my shoulders.

“Hey, that was a great game. I never knew you ran that fast…” Kazehaya smiled. Now I was sweating even more. “A-Arigato…” Then Kazehaya leaned closer. I backed a little, but the locker was behind me. “…”

“Wait.” He said and pulled out something from his pocket. “You look tired. Drink up.” He handed me a bottle of green tea. “That’s payback for the coffee.”
“Arigato…”

Then he turned away. “…! D-Don’t worry about it…” His ears were red. And at the same time, my face was red too. “H-Hey…I’ll see you around, I’ve got another game coming up.” Kazehaya waved goodbye and walked away. I let out a sigh and turned around.

But I bumped into someone.