5th

I Thought He Was the Same As the Others

Today. I’m doing it today. Today is my only chance. I have to do it or else it could be too late.

The school was nearly empty. I sneaked up to his class. He’s doing his homework. “U-Um…Ryuu-san…” He looked up and saw me standing by the door. He looked like he saw a ghost or something. “W-what do you want?” “U-um can I talk to you? I have something to tell you…Can we talk about it outside?” He stood up, looking down, walking towards me. “O-ok… but please make it quick…K-Kuronuma-san…”

We went to the school’s field. Now is the time. I have to do it. “Ryuu-san…” He bowed his head. “R-Ryuu-san… Ever since junior high school…I… I…” I can’t say the words. “I…” Ryuu-san looked at me.

“I like you! Please go out with me!” I blushed, real hard. I’ve been waiting for this moment to tell him. I saw a drop of sweat fall from the right side of his face. Please… please…

He mumbled something. I know he said something. Something…that made me…made me…

“I’m sorry…I can’t… I have someone else I like and-“

“I know.” I stopped him. “You’re…afraid of going out with me. You’re afraid because you don’t want your friends to laugh at you, saying that you’re girlfriend is a ‘Ghost’. You’re just…afraid of me.” I said, with a steady tone, but tears pouring out of my eyes. “I’m sorry…” He said it once more.” I’m tired of that word. “I get it!!! I’m scary, ok!? I was just holding onto a little of hope…but…I’m tired.” I said and ran off. I went to the bathroom. I sobbed. I looked at the mirror.

Am I really that scary? Ryuu-san is the 5th guy I confeesed to…he’s just the same as the others…I’m tired. Why does it always have to end up like this?

I walked out of the bathroom. I grabbed my things and started to head home. On the way, I saw a boy wearing the same uniform like the guys in our school. Kitahoro high uniform. I think I saw him somewhere before. Is he from Class 1-D?

I looked at him. I couldn’t see his face very closely because he was too far, but I was shocked.

He waved at me.