Advice Cafe

I Thought He Was the Same As the Others

 

I went back to our classroom.

“…”

Sparkly black curtains were covering the walls. A big sign above the door said Sawako’s Advice Café.

S-Sawako?!

The door had a red sign saying enter. I entered the classroom.

Silver stars were hanging from the ceiling and the blackboard had some drawings on it. Sunlight was cutting through the window, hitting the silver stars which made the whole room sparkle a bit. The tables had white silky table cloth covering them.

Hirano-san entered. “Oh Sawako! So, what do you think?” “It looks good!!! I feel kinda guilty for not helping so much in setting up the decorations.” Hirano laughed. “That’s ok! You’re going to be the one to give advice for the customers anyway. I think you better get set.”

Takano-san entered the room. “Wow, I was afraid of entering our own classroom because outside it looked more like a Hunted House…! I didn’t know the inside looked so…shiny.”

“Shut up.” Hirano said to Takano while dragging me inside the bathroom. She gave me a plastic bag. “Here’s your costume. After you’re done changing, meet me inside the classroom, ok?” I nodded. Before she left the bathroom, “By the way Sawako, do you have makeup with you?”

I shook my head.

“Then when you come to the classroom, I’ll do some makeup on you, ‘kay?” She left. I opened the plastic bag and pulled out the costume.

A witch’s costume, with matching hat.