Chapter 2

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hey honey, I'm home!” yelled the tall blonde.

 

Silence. Well that's weird, the blonde thought. Her girlfriend would always be the one to pounce on her as soon as she opens the door. Maybe she went out and isn't home. The blonde hung her coat on the coat hanger and made her way to the kitchen. She opened the fridge and stared at the contents of it. 

 

"Hmm. Milk? Apple juice? Orange juice? Soda?” the blonde grabbed the carton of milk, “Milk it is!”

 

The blonde grabbed her favourite mug that has a teddy bear printed on it and poured the milk into the mug. After she took the first sip, she stared at the cup and giggled to herself.

 

No, she wasn't crazy to be giggling by herself but she remembered how she first met her girlfriend.

 

*

 

There she was, standing under the hot, blazing sun, wearing a bear suit and holding onto a bunch of balloons. Yes, she had to be the mascot standing outside the toy store she worked at because the previous guy who was suppose to be the mascot quitted after the first day of his job. His excuse? He couldn't stand the heat. Pssh. What a sissy, she thought.

 

A little girl came running along to her and hugged her, I mean the bear's leg. She tried to look down but the mascot's head was too big she would probably fall flat on her face if she were to look at the girl.

 

"Unni look! The bear ish sho cute!” the little girl exclaimed to a brunette who had a Dora the Explorer bag in her hand. Probably the little girl's, the blonde thought.

 

The blonde then gave the little girl a pink balloon. Much to her surprise, instead of jumping for joy like any other kid, the little girl let go of the ballon, started screaming and she ran cutely to the brunette.

 

"Unni, the bear gave me a shcary looking thing that fliesh.” the mascot could see how the brunette tried her to best to not burst out laughing while hugging the innocent child.

 

"That scary looking thing is a balloon, silly. The bear is only doing his job.”

 

The blonde pouted from inside the hideous outfit. “his job”? Really? His? But the blonde couldn't help but to give a toothy grin because the brunette's voice was similar to the sound of bells and the blonde loves bells.

 

*

 

The blonde moved to the living room, tired of standing while daydreaming. As soon as she reached the couch, she plopped onto it and got comfortable.

 

*

 

The next day, she was still forced to put on that silly outfit. A good thing that the weather wasn't as hot and sunny as yesterday.

 

It was almost her lunchtime when she noticed a familiar figure sitting on the bench across the road. She bent slightly to get a better look of the figure. Her jaw dropped. It was the brunette with that heavenly voice. But what was surprising was that the brunette was crying.

 

She looked left, then right, then left again. Walking in a bear costume was horrible and troublesome. When she was in front of the brunette, she dropped a lollipop (since that was what she was suppose to be distributing on that particular day) onto the brunette's lap.

 

"Cheer up.” that was all that she said before she waddled back to the toy store to take off the hideous costume and go for her lunch break.

 

*

 

The brunette was nowhere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter