Spaghetti

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nana and Lizzy were watching a show on TV, in their living room. Today marks the 6th week of Lizzy's pregnancy. Finally, a day without Nana running around like a mad woman and finally, some peace in the house.

 

After the visit to the doctor two weeks ago, Lizzy's cravings have gone waaaaaaaaaaaay overboard. She would wake up at 2 in the morning, wake Nana up and demand for the most random food. Like just two days ago when she woke Nana up at 2 in the morning because she “suddenly felt like eating cookies and cream ice cream”.

 

Nana had no choice but to drive to the nearest 24/7 mart because there's only vanilla and chocolate ice cream at home. It wasn't easy to leave the house though. Why? Well as soon as Nana opened the door, Lizzy started wailing and crying her eyeballs out. She even screamed, “IM JIN AH DOESN'T LOVE ME ANYMORE!! SHE'S LEAVING ME!!” For a moment there, Nana really wanted to just tape her girlfriend's mouth, tie her arms and legs and shove her into a closet.

 

But, being the awesome (and she probably didn't want to kill her beloved girlfriend) girlfriend she is, Nana quickly tried to calm Lizzy down and she even made Lizzy watch some Tom and Jerry cartoons before she left. Nana promised to not take too long to get the ice cream.

 

As promised, within 15 minutes, a sleep deprived and breathless Nana was already home and was carrying a plastic bag with a tub of cookies and cream ice cream. When she handed to Lizzy the tub of ice cream and spoon, Lizzy happily grabbed it and continued to watch the Tom and Jerry cartoon while happily savoring the ice cream. As for Nana, she clumsily crashed next to her girlfriend on the couch and fell asleep.

 

*

 

"Earth to Im Jin Ah.... Earth to Im Jin Ah....”

 

"Poke poke poke”

 

Nana shook her head and stared at her girlfriend.

 

"You were in a daze again, Jin.”

 

"I'm sorry baby. I was just thinking of some stuff.”

 

Lizzy's lips formed a cute 'O' and Nana giggled at the sight of her cute girlfriend. Nana then pulled Lizzy closer and gave a light kiss on Lizzy's forehead while she then placed her hand onto Lizzy's stomach, gently rubbing it.

 

"Jin?"

 

"Hmm?”

 

"I feel like having pasta.”

 

 

'Oh God, not the cravings again' Nana said in her mind.

 

"What type baby?” Nana asked

 

"I want spaghetti! With lots of meatballs and.....” Lizzy paused

 

"Yes?”

 

"CHEESE!” Lizzy was practically bouncing on the couch.

 

Nana could only stare at her girlfriend. She grabbed Lizzy's shoulders and gently pushed them down so Lizzy would stop bouncing. Since when was Lizzy ever so excited just to have pasta?

 

"Jin, you're spacing out again.” Lizzy whined.

 

"I'm not! Do you want me to cook for you the spaghetti?”

 

"Nope.”

 

"Then where do you want to buy it from?”

 

"I want omma's spaghetti. Your omma's spaghetti.”

 

Nana's eye twitched. Great. She can cook the exact same spaghetti as her omma but no, Lizzy refused it and instead wants her omma's spaghetti. So now they have to drive for hours just to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter