Continuation of Milk Tea

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lizzy wasn’t expecting the car to appear out of nowhere. The only thing she heard was the screeching of tires and her girlfriend’s scream.

Lizzy turned around and saw her girlfriend on the road, blood flowing out of and her head was bleeding. Lizzy froze and only screamed seconds later. Her mind finally registered that that’s her girlfriend who was lying on the road, unconscious.

The driver of the car had gotten out of the car and was panicking over the fact that she had knocked someone down. The driver was about to approach Nana when Lizzy pushed her aside and yelled, “Don’t you dare touch my girlfriend, !” Not wanting to piss a pregnant lady, the guilty driver called for an ambulance and told Lizzy that the ambulance was going to come in 10 minutes time.

Lizzy didn’t hear a single thing that the lady had said. Her mind was racing. The only thing she wanted to do was to get Nana to the hospital fast. The ambulance arrived in 5 minutes and there was already a crowd around the scene. The paramedics quickly but carefully placed Nana on the stretcher and they placed her in the ambulance. Lizzy was about to get in when one of the paramedics stopped her.

“Miss, are you related to the victim?” The paramedic asked.

“I-I’m h-her girlfriend.” Lizzy stuttered. Her face was starting to pale already as though someone had drained all of her energy from her.

“Get in now, Miss!” The paramedic helped Lizzy to get on the ambulance.

 

*

 

The trip to the hospital was just chaos. Nana’s heartbeat was starting to slow down and she was still unconscious. Lizzy could not do anything other than holding her girlfriend’s right hand, allowing the paramedics to do whatever that was necessary. Nana’s hand was slowly getting cold. Her face was pale. Lizzy’s expression was calm but her mind and her heart was racing. She kept praying, hoping that her girlfriend can make it through.

 

*

 

They had arrived at the hospital and Nana was brought into the emergency room. Lizzy was told to sit in the waiting area while they examine Nana. Lizzy slumped onto the chair and she allowed her tears to flow down freely. It was pretty much her fault. If she had not asked for the milk tea, her girlfriend wouldn’t be in the emergency room, she wouldn’t be here waiting to hear good news regarding her girlfriend.

Lizzy felt her phone vibrating in her pocket. She fished it out and took a look at the screen. Kahi appa was calling her. She quickly wiped her tears and tried to sound like she was ok.

“Hello?”

“Hey Lizzy! Is Nana busy or something? I tried calling her phone but she didn’t pick up.”

Oh crap. How am I supposed to say her daughter is on the hospital bed because of me? Lizzy thought.

“A-ah. S-she’s sleeping.”

“Sleeping?”

“Y-yeah.”

“Where are you girls at?”

Ohmygod stop asking questions.

“W-we’re a-at h-home?” Lizzy answered although it sounded more like a question.

“Well, open the door then. Omma and I are outside.”

HOLY MOO MOO, LIZZY. YOU’RE SCREWED.

“Er… Er…” Lizzy’s palms were sweaty, a habit when she’s nervous.

“Lizzy-yah, is there something you want to tell us?” This time it was Jung Ah omma. Her voice was so soothing and comforting, it made Lizzy feel so safe.

“Omma, I’m at Seoul General Hospital. Jin Ah got into a car accident.” Lizzy blurted, her voice trembling and her tears were now back. She quickly covered after hearing what had just come out of .

“WHAT? APPA AND I ARE COMING NOW! YAH JI YOUNG GET IN THE CAR!” The call ended there.

 

*

 

It took the JungHi couple half an hour to actually reach the hospital. They found Lizzy crying in a corner in the waiting room. Jung Ah quickly embracing the poor girl, shushing her and telling her everything was going to be ok. Kahi who was worried for sick for her dau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter