7 year old Im Jin Ah

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

2 weeks later

 

 

Lizzy was sitting next to her girlfriend’s bed. Her girlfriend, Nana was still in a coma. Lizzy gently massaged Nana’s hands.

“Jin, you need to wake up soon. You’ve been asleep for two weeks. Do you really not love me? Do you really hate me that much? Huh?”

Lizzy unknowingly squeezed Nana’s hands while looking down at the side of the bed, trying to calm herself down.

“Ouch! That hurts!” Lizzy’s head shot up.

“WHO WAS THAT?” Lizzy asked, panic evident in her voice.

“You’re grabbing my hand too tightly, miss.” Lizzy looked around and realized she was alone with Nana in the room. It couldn’t be that her girlfriend was up, right? Lizzy slowly turned her head to look at the girl on the bed who had a pained expression.

“Jin? J-j-jin? OHMYGOD LEMME GET THE DOCTOR. HOLY !” Lizzy ran out of the room, and searched for a nurse or doctor who happened to be nearby.

 

*

 

“How is she, doctor?” Lizzy asked the doctor who had just got out of Nana’s hospital room.

“Well, it’s a miracle she survived and it’s even more miraculous that she even woke up from the coma.”

“I don’t care about that. I want to know how my girlfriend is doing. Is she suffering from memory loss? Is she ok? Is she recovering well? God damn it!” Lizzy lashed out at the poor doctor.

“Miss Park, I don’t know how to say this. Miss Im’s body is doing well. She’s recovering well. Problem is that Miss Im is now mentally 7 years old.”

“W-w-what?”

“We did some tests on Miss Im. It seems that she couldn’t recall a single thing about the accident but as of now, all we can conclude is that she is mentally 7 years old and she will behave like a 7 year old child.”

“Does that mean she doesn’t know me?” Lizzy’s heart was beyond crushed. It was practically shattered into a billion pieces. She waited two weeks for Nana to wake up and this happened.

“I’m sorry Miss Park. There’s a huge possibility that she might not know you. She might however, remember her parents. You can maybe talk to her. Introduce yourself as her sister maybe?”

“I’M NOT GOING TO INTRODUCE MYSELF AS HER ING SISTER. I’M PREGNANT WITH HER CHILD FOR GOODNESS SAKE! ARE YOU BLIND? HOW CAN YOU SUGGEST SUCH A THING?”

“Lizzy?” Jung Ah who had just came back from getting lunch from the cafeteria was actually eavesdropping on the conversation between Lizzy and the doctor.

“Omma!” Lizzy ran to Jung Ah and hugged the latter. She was breaking down in the embrace of Jung Ah.

“Shhhh. It’s ok baby. It’s ok.” Jung Ah tried to console the younger girl.

“She doesn’t know me omma. She doesn’t know our child. It’s all my fault.” Lizzy wailed.

 

*

 

Nana was chewing on the slice of green apple her omma got her when she noticed the older girl who was sitting on the sofa in her room.  She remembered the girl as the one who was squeezing her hand before she woke up. To be honest, Nana was kind of attracted to her.

“Omma, who is that unni over there?”

“Hmm?”

“That unni over there. She looks sad.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter