Final

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9th month of pregnancy

 

 

“Jin, you know you don’t have to carry me. I can walk.” Lizzy whined while she was being carried bridal style by Nana.

“Raina unni said you shouldn’t walk too much. It’s to prevent your feet from swelling and all. I don’t want any complications, Soo Young-ah.”

Lizzy could only sigh and she buried her head deeper in the crooks of Nana’s neck.

They finally reached the kitchen and the sight of the JungHi couple waiting with breakfast ready greeted them.

“Good morning you two! We made pancakes.” Jung Ah greeted them while Kahi helped Nana place Lizzy down on a chair.

The plates were all set and Nana was about to dig in when Lizzy tapped her arm.

“Jin, I need to use the toilet.” Hearing this, Nana got up and carried Lizzy to the toilet. Nana waited outside and was replying a text message when she heard Lizzy screamed her name. Without hesitation, Nana pushed the door open and was shocked to see a pool of water on the floor that Lizzy was standing on.

“Did you just pee on the floor? Please tell me you did.”

Lizzy shook her head and softly whispered, afraid to scare her fiancé, “I think my water just broke, Jin.”

Nana took a while to register the whole situation.

“HOLY SHIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT!!! OMMA!!!! APPA!!!!! LIZZY’S WATER JUST BROKE!!!!!”

Upon hearing their daughter’s scream, the JungHi couple rushed over to the toilet to find a Lizzy who was gripping onto the sink as though her life depended on it and a Nana who seemed to be panicking.

“JI YOUNG, GET THE BAG WE PREPARED AND KEYS TO THE CAR! JIN AH, HELP ME BRING LIZZY TO THE CAR! A BABY IS COMING!!”

As soon as Jung Ah said that, everyone went into panic mode. Jung Ah and Nana carefully carried Lizzy to the car where Kahi was already waiting outside with the door of the backseats open. They again carefully placed Lizzy in the back seat and Nana sat next to her, holding her hand. Lizzy once again gripped onto Nana’s hand as though her life depended on it.

Jung Ah rushed over to the driver’s seat and quickly drove out of the parking space. She was about to enter the main road when she realized her wife wasn’t next to her.

“OMO! I forgot your appa!” Jung Ah reversed and she saw her wife pouting cutely on the roadside. Jung Ah unlocked the door and allowed Kahi to enter.

“YAH KIM JUNG AH!” Kahi yelled as soon as she entered the car, “HOW DARE YOU LEAVE ME BEHIND?”

“I AM IN PANIC MODE!”

“YOU THINK I AM NOT?”

“JUST GET ME TO THE HOSPITAL!” Lizzy yelled from the backseat.

They sped off to the nearest hospital. Kahi had called Raina and Bekah while on their way to the hospital to inform the couple about the happenings. As soon as they arrived, Lizzy was brought to the labour room and Nana was allowed to accompany her.

 

*

 

“Ok miss. We need you to take deep breaths and calmly breathe. Push as hard as you can when we tell you to do so. Alright 1, 2, 3. PUSH!”

“URGHHHHHHH!!” Lizzy groaned. Her hand was gripping Nana’s hand so tightly that the latter’s hand was turning white.

Lizzy’s face was red and her hair was a mess with her fringe sticking to her sticky forehead.

“You can do it baby. Just push and breathe. Follow me. Breathe in. Breathe out.” Nana tried to help Lizzy and it seemed to help.

“Ok I can see the head. Just push again. Come on! PUSH!”

Again, Lizzy pushed.

“Her heart rate is slowing down!” Yelled one of the nurses who was observing the heart rate monitor.

“She’s losing too much blood!” Yelled another nurse.

Nana heard them all and she didn’t have a good feeling about it but she pushed it aside and continued to motivate Lizzy.

“Miss, just one more push. Almost there.” The doctor knew if he didn’t get the baby out, both mother and daughter might not make it.

With one last push, the baby was out. A loud cry could be heard. Nana grinned before kissing Lizzy’s forehead.

“I love you, Soo Young-ah. Thank you. Thank you so much. I love you.”

“I love you too Jin.” Those were Lizzy’s last words before losing consciousness.

Nana panicked when her fiancé lost consciousness. “WHY IS SHE UNCONSCIOUS?” Nana yelled.

“Her heart rate is slowing down!” Before Nana could even ask what was happening, and before Nana could even look at her newborn baby, she was escorted out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter