Nursery Room

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback

 

Bekah, Lizzy and Nana had gone out to shop for paint, furniture and decorations for the nursery room. They were at a shop choosing the perfect colour to paint little SooJin’s room. Well, more like Bekah and Nana choosing the colours while Lizzy was wandering around the shop, looking at the pretty decorations and stickers.

 

“Hi Miss. Do you need some help?” A shop assistant who saw Lizzy wandering around the shop decided to help her.

 

“Nah, it’s ok. I’m just looking around. My fiancé and her sister are picking colours for the nursery room.”

 

“Oh really? I can recommend some lovely colours that are popular among customers.” The shop assistant then brought a colour catalogue for Lizzy to see, “
So you see, this colour, mint blue is really popular.”

 

“Ooo it’s really pretty. Can I just borrow this and show it to my fiancé?” Without even waiting for a response, Lizzy grabbed the catalogue and went over to Nana.

 

“Jinnnnnn!”

 

“Yes baby?”

 

“I want this colour for the room!” Lizzy pointed to the mint blue on the catalogue.

 

“But we agreed on green, Soo Young-ah.”

 

“But this colour is really pretty.” Lizzy put on a sad face.

 

Nana noticing the tears that were b in Lizzy’s eyes quickly turned around and faced her sister.

 

“Bek, what do you think of this colour?”

 

“Uhhhh. It’s ok?” Lizzy glared at Bekah, “OK OK! IT’S PRETTY! PERFECT! HURRY GET IT BEFORE LIZZY KILLS ME!”

 

Nana could only chuckle before ruffling Lizzy’s hair.

 

“We’ll get this then but I get to pick the furniture for the room ok?” Lizzy quickly nodded her head to show that she agrees with Nana.

 

*

 

They still had to shop for furniture and decorations for the room so the trio wasted no time and quickly shopped for the items they needed. As expected, there were a lot of bickering and let’s just be thankful no one got injured. After ages (well actually only 5 hours of shopping), they were finally done and were ready to go home.

 

______________________________________

 

 

“Yah babo! What are you doing there grinning like an idiot? You’re such a creep.” Bekah poke her sister’s cheeks with her finger.

 

“Wh-what?”

 

“Hey there princess. How was Narnia?” Bekah grinned, “Come on, we need to start painting the walls before the things come tomorrow.”

 

*

 

The sister duo took nearly six hours to paint the four walls in the room. That includes their lunch break and since they kept fooling around (Nana thought it was funny to paint her sister’s hair and arms while she takes a short nap), it took longer than usual to finish the paint job. But nonetheless, the room walls were painted nicely and Lizzy was pleased with it.

 

“You two took so long! I was so bored sitting at omma and appa’s café. Everyone kept asking me the same questions. ‘How many months?’ ‘Boy or girl?’ ‘Have you thought of a name?’ bla bla bla.” Lizzy complained while scrubbing the paint off Nana’s arms.

 

“Well how’s Kaeun?” Nana asked out of curiosity since she hasn’t visited her parents’ café for a very long time.

 

“YAH! IM JIN AH! I’m complaining to you and all you can think of is the waitress?” Lizzy threw the sponge she was using to scrub the paint onto Nana’s face and stood up.

 

“Ouch! Baby! My eyes sting! OMG! MY EYES!!! PARK SOO YOUNG!!!” Nana screamed while she blindly tried to turn on the tap and when she finally did, she quickly washed her face with the water.

 

“That’s what you get for making me jealous!” Lizzy stuck her tongue out at Nana.

 

“Aish! You giant baby! Come here!” Nana grabbed Lizzy’s arm and stood up, “You know you shouldn’t be jealous. You’re the key to my heart.” Nana cringed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter