The Nineteenth Scar

✖ T H E B E A U T I F U L S C A R ✖

 

✖ 

 

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength,

While deeply loving someone gives you courage.

 

✖ 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________
 
THE NINETEENTH SCAR 
 
___________________________________________________________________________________

 

After the beach and a short dinner, they had decided to go watch a horror film. It was more of Yunho and Changmin’s idea, because they enjoyed testing their “scare” factor. Jaejoong really didn’t feel like celebrating much, but he decided to go along with it, though he was tired after the argument. The whole night, even during dinner, ________ had been avoiding him and sticking along with Junsu. Every time he heard them laughing or talking, he felt infuriated. What were they hiding? Even when he entered the theatre, he noticed that Junsu and _______ were sitting together again, which made him feel unsettled. 

 

Why were they so close of all of sudden? 

 

As the movie started, Jaejoong yawned. Horror films never scared him, because he knew they weren’t true. Though romance films and dramas were at the bottom of his list, at least they had a decent storyline, instead of weird serial killers popping up at strange moments. As if just by thinking it, Jaejoong had planned the story-suddenly, a bloody corpse rose and grabbed a knife, getting ready to kill someone.

 

“AGHHHHHHHHH!”

He turned his head, watching _______ and Junsu. They were already screaming, hugging on to each other, while Yunho looked unfazed and Changmin calm. Yoochun, on the other hand, was white as a ghost, because he was often scared easily. Though Jaejoong wanted to tell Yoochun to lighten up, his eyes were mostly attracted to ________’s-she was hiding in Junsu’s jacket, and not his.

 

Jesus, Kim Jaejoong, you can’t even get the girl you like.

 

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

 

“So, see you in the morning. We’ll be heading over to Robson Street.” Yunho was staring at a guidebook in Korean, flipping through the pages while scrutinizing over them. He looked rather tired but his eyes still had that spark to them-this was the first time that they’d had a vacation during debut, and he was bound to make the best out of it. As the role of their charismatic leader, Yunho was impeccably independent, organized and logical, and Jaejoong felt happy that he didn’t have to be the one to round them up.

 

“Where’s that?” Junsu asked, putting an arm around Yunho.

 

“It’s an outdoor shopping area with tons of brand names and designer clothes. I’ll be with Yoochun, swimming in Hudson Bay, while _______, Junsu, Yunho, and Jaejoong will probably be on the streets. We'll join you at night.” Changmin answered tersely, ignoring the complains of Junsu’s “why can’t I go swimming too?” and “It’s not fair that the older hyungs always get to do the best things!”

 

“Yeah, well, Junsu, you can’t swim.”

_______ piped up, and her voice made Jaejoong turn his head.

 

“_______-ah, at least I can play in the water!”

 

They laughed together, like they were sharing some inside joke. Already worn out from the day’s events, Jaejoong sighed and quickly dismissed himself from the group. He really didn’t want to stick around and watch all the Junsu/______ moments. Damn, they were already so close that they could practically be in a drama as the main leads. 


"I’m going to head in first then, alright?” Jaejoong said, shoving his hands into his pockets, feeling unease work its way through him. 

“Tired already, Jaejoong?”

 

Yoochun raised an eyebrow, while Changmin looked surprised. “You’re usually the one partying the latest.”

 

“Yeah, well, today I’m just drained of energy.”

 

Yunho looked towards him, and his eyes flickered towards his sister and Junsu, who were now running around and trying to chase each other. “________!” he barked. “Jaejoong’s tired, it’s time to head back into your rooms.” He gave a glance at Jaejoong, who gave a halfhearted smile back at him. He was grateful for his friend’s help, but if she really hated him - he didn't want to force her either. He wanted her to like him because of who he was, not because he had saved her or done anything for her. 

 

“Jaejoong!”

 

Did she really hate him that much? The way she said his name was full of loathing.

 

“Let’s head back.”

 

Surprised, Jaejoong’s eyes widened. Did she just admit that she was alright with going back to the room with him, instead of staying out with Junsu?

 

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

___________________________________________________________________________________