Chapter 6

My Summer in Korea

You covered your face with your hands as you walked through the doors of the building. I thought the cameras were only there for the performance, not the rehearsal... I guess not, you thought to yourself.

Once you were all inside, Kai took you to a seat in the front row. You felt odd to be the only person sitting in the crowd, but special, as you were at the rehearsal. This would be your first concert too, and you couldn't wait to be apart of the crowd, screaming the fan chants at the top of your lungs, cheering on Exo-K. You watched them rehearse the songs, singing along with them, and when they were done, a sweaty Kai plopped down next to you.

Panting he said, "Did you enjoy the show?"

"You guys are amazing! Especially you," you said as you took the towel from him and started to dry his face.

"So, do you want to have dinner now?" he asked casually.

"Just you and me?"

"Well, unless you want to get bombarded by cameras, I would think it would be best for us to eat here. Takeout maybe? I could pick something up from the restaurant nearby," he offered.

"I'll go with you," you said, wanting to spend as much time as possible with him.

"Hello, lovebirds. Am I interrupting?" Chanyeol said as he stuck his head between the two of you.

"Haha, no, we were just leaving," you replied, smiling at his deep voice.

You and Kai got up to leave, and started walking towards the exit. "Let's take the back," Kai said, leading you through a different hallway. Even though it was summer, this day in particular was quite windy and you hadn't come prepared for the weather in your thin summer clothing. You shivered and leaned in closer to Kai, only to have him push you off. Feeling a bit sad, you looked at him, realizing why he had pushed you. You watched him his sweater only to find that he wasn't wearing a shirt underneath, making you feel quite awkward as you walked with a shirtless Kai.

~~~

"We're here," he announced, "but I'm going to need my sweater back," he said as he gestured to a sign that said "NO SHIRT, NO SHOES, NO SERVICE."

"Thanks by the way," you smiled as you handed him his sweater. You walked in and looked at the menu. It had English, but you were much too lazy to pick one. "Would you like to order for me?" you asked, "But I'm paying this time," you grinned.

"Silly girl, I won't let you pay." He snatched your wallet from you and put it in his pocket. You sighed in defeat, knowing you wouldn't get your wallet back until you were out of the restaurant.

"So... why did you decide to kiss me in the car so suddenly?" you asked, very curious to know the reason why.

"Why not? Did you not want me to?" he asked.

"That doesn't answer my question, but no, I didn't mind. I just think that... it's weird to kiss already. I've known you for two days..." you said.

"Well, I only have one summer. There's only so much time to spend with you, and I plan to make the best of it before you leave," he stated.

"Alright. Let's make the best of it. What happens at the end though?" you asked.

"Remember, let's just focus on here and now," he said, avoiding your questions.

He was relieved as the food came and you walked back to the building.

~~~

When you came to the back entrance, the door wouldn't open.