Chapter 16

My Summer in Korea

"Uh... sure, why not?" you replied, unsure if you wanted to know this secret of his.

"You know what a triangle is right?" he asked, sitting down next to you.

"Yeah..." you answered, wondering how this was related to anything important.

"Well, you're in one. A love one, I mean," he seemed to struggle to find the right words to say.

"A love triangle? Who likes Kai?" you thought, starting to get jealous of this unknown girl.

"No, someone likes you," he said quietly, suddenly looking at the ground.

Oh no. No no no no no. This can't happen. Do not say that you like me Baekhyun, do not say it, you thought, getting nervous.

"Uh... who is it?'' you asked, thought you were sure you knew the answer.

"Me," he looked at you with a shy face. You had no idea what to say. You avoided looking at him, focusing on a scratch in the wall.

"Say something," he pleaded.

"I... I..." you started off, not sure what you were going to say. "Why did you tell me? It's really sweet of you Baekhyun, but you knew about Kai and me. I'm sorry," you wrapped your arms in front of your stomach, feeling horrible.

As you got up to leave, Baekhyun grabbed your wrist and pulled you into a kiss. You pushed him off, running to Suho and Sehun's room. "I'm going outside for a bit, okay?" you said to Sehun, who gave you a small nod.

You ran out the door, but tripped and scraped your knee badly. "Ah!" you cried, cradling your leg. So much for getting away from Baekhyun, you thought as you limped back inside.

"That was fast," Sehun said as he saw you come back in.

"Uh, yeah. I'm going to go to the bathroom now," you said through clenched teeth.

"Too much information!" he yelled.

You walked over to the bathroom, only to find that it was locked. Luckily, they were finishing up because you heard the sink running. The door started to open and Baekhyun walked out. Avoiding eye contact, you limped into the bathroom, and started searching for bandages. "Need help?" Baekhyun asked, leaning against the door frame.

"No thank you," you said emotionlessly, immediately regretting it. He sighed and picked you up, seating you on the bathroom counter.

"Let me see," he looked at your knee. He pulled out a cloth, bandages, and a bottle.

"Why are you— ow, being so— ow, nice to me? Ow!" you winced as he cleaned your knee with the wet cloth, and then sprayed it with the disinfectant spray.

"Why wouldn't I be? You're our guest," he replied, as he wrapped your knee with the bandage.

"I mean, well, I would think that you would be mad or sad or something," you said.

"Well, clearly, that kiss didn't change your feelings for me, which only means I have to try harder to win you over," he said casually, laughing.

"Baekhyun, do you care about me?"

"Of course, ________. Why wouldn't I?"

"Well, if you really, truly, do care... you'll try to get over me. I love you as a friend, and I don't want to give you false hope. So I'm telling you now," you put on a serious face and looked him in the eyes. "I love Kai, and nothing will ever change that."