Chapter 22

My Summer in Korea

While your best friend was busy chatting away with the boys, you pulled Kai off to the side. "I need you to ask Baekhyun to go to dinner with you." you whispered.

"What?" Kai asked, looking puzzled.

"Just do it, okay? I've already asked her to go with me," you said, gesturing towards your friend.

"So? Why does Baekhyun need to come?"

"You and I will ditch them there," you said, starting to explain your plan. "And maybe he'll like my friend, and get over me."

"Okay. Let's do it."

~~~

"Oh hey, look! Kai and Baekhyun are eating here too!" you pointed out to your friend, while waving excitedly.

"________, did you set this up?" she questioned, looking at you accusingly.

"Psh, no... Okay yes. I can't lie to you."

"I actually love you. Hey, you and Kai wouldn't mind uh, leaving would you?"

"Sure, why not," you said smiling. You and your friend sat down at the table next to the boys, and chatted for a bit.

"Kai, I don't feel well," you groaned, clutching your stomach. "Will you take me home?"

"Alright," he said, helping you up. Baekhyun stood to help you, but you objected.

"No, no guys. I don't want to ruin your dinner plans. Get to know each other or something," you winked at your friend.

"Feel better, ________," Baekhyun called after you.

~~~

"That was very convincing," Kai said, clapping.

"Why thank you," you bowed, laughing.

"Do you think it'll work?"

"Of course, she's amazing. She's had more relationships than me, and I mean that in a good way," you said, talking up your friend.

"Well, how many have you had?" Kai asked.

"So far, one," you smiled.

"I'm your first boyfriend?" he sounded surprised.

"Yup."

"And just saying, but no one in the world, not even your friend, is more amazing than you. Well, to me at least," he said, hugging you from behind.

~~~

"How was it?" you asked your friend, wanting to know every detail.

"It was kind of awkward at first actually. I thought it went well in the end though."

"Do you like him? And not just fan girl like him, but actually like him?"

"Yeah, he's a really nice guy," she replied, smiling. You ran off to find Baekhyun, who was brushing his teeth.

"Hey! How was dinner?" you asked.

"Ee wah goo, ah hah fuh," he tried to tell you with the toothbrush still in his mouth.

"Spit and rinse first Baekhyun, spit and rinse," you said, shaking your head.

"I said that it was good and that I had fun."

"What did you guys talk about?"

"Stuff."