Chapter 1

My Summer in Korea

You sighed, extremely frustrated as you wiped the beads of sweat from your forehead, struggling to pull all your luggage along with you and called for a taxi. A silver car pulled up in front of you. Excited to be in Seoul, you eagerly hopped in and handed the driver a piece of paper with the address of the hotel you were staying at written on it, hoping that you had written everything correctly. As the car drove along, you gazed out the window, looking at everything and everyone, taking in all the sights, sounds, and smells through the opened window. You were practically bouncing in your seat because you couldn't wait to unpack and explore the city.

"Kamsahamnida," you said to the driver as you handed him the money, using the limited Korean vocabulary you knew. You quickly got out of the car, thanking the driver again for helping you take your luggage out. As you walked into the hotel you marveled at how elegant it looked, feeling quite out of place in your casual clothing. The chandeliers, the marble floor, the expensive looking furniture were just a few of the things that had caught your eye. You were given your room key and quickly scurried off to the elevators, wanting to find your room. You walked down the carpeted hallway, looking at every room number until you finally found yours. As you opened the door and checked out your hotel room, you made a mental note to thank your parents later for paying for your trip. You unpacked and decided to go walking around in the area outside, hastily grabbing a handful of bills and shoving them into your pocket, planning to rearrange them later.

~~~

I wish I knew Korean, you thought to yourself as you saw all the stores and restaurants. You saw a store with many posters of Korean idols on the window, but a poster of Exo-K caught your eye, and you couldn't resist going in to take a look. After all, they were your current favourite group.

"Annyeong haseyo," you happily greeted the salesperson behind the counter. You browsed through every shelf, getting excited whenever you saw merchandise for the groups you liked. You finally picked something to buy after taking such a long time to look at everything. You said bye to the salesperson and proceeded to look around the area.

It was getting a bit late and you were getting tired from walking so much, so you headed back to the hotel. As soon as your head hit the pillow, you fell asleep. You were exhausted, but you couldn't care less.

~~~

The next few days were like this as well, you explored the city and came back feeling really tired. However, this routine never became boring to you.

One day, you heard a faint screaming in the distance, and you turned in its general direction. Your eyes widened as you saw several screaming fangirls headed your way. Scared of getting trampled, you ran to safety between two shops. You watched as they ran by, chasing some boys. You focused on the running pack of five boys, and you realized it was Exo-K.

EXO-K! EXO-K! You yelled in your head. Your focus was interrupted by a quiet shuffling of feet behind you. You turned around to see a boy wearing sunglasses and an outfit that seemed like he should've been apart of Exo-K. You looked him up and down once, noticing how slim and attractive he was. He cleared his throat, bringing you back to reality.

Suddenly, it hit you. Before he could say anything, you ripped the sunglasses off his face.