HIS REPLACEMENT

THE PROMISE

"Chaerin-ah!" Baekhyun said and waved his hands as Chaerin walked towards him in a pair of distressed denim shorts and Rolling Stones t-shirt. They both met up to have lunch together in celebration of Chaerin's acceptance in one of the most prestigious universities in the states. They agreed to have Japanese foods and hit Everland theme park afterwards.  Chaerin was not too excited about it but she could not say no as Baekhyun begged her with full of aegyo.
"Are you sure we're going to everland after this? I'm really not a theme park kind of person to be honest..." Chaerin asked Baekhyun as he grabbed her hand. This time Chaerin did not let go of his hands. She was trying hard to accept Baekhyun.
"Yes of course! We need to have fun since you've worked hard on your applications!" Baekhyun answered and they both walked towards the Japanese restaurant. Chaerin always enjoyed talking to Baekhyun as he was really friendly. He was the type of person who could keep a conversation going for a long time. They both engaged in a lively conversation until Chaerin stopped walking. Baekhyun looked at Chaerin and asked her "What's wrong?" Baekhyun asked and immediately understood why she stopped. Chanyeol was there walking by himself in the opposite direction. Chaerin let go of Baekhyun's hand and rummaged through the things in her bag. She looked at Chanyeol, who was now only a meter away from both of them and they both stood still. Chanyeol was stunned to meet both of them together, looking as if they were having the best times of their lives. Chaerin then extended her arm while holding a gold ring and handed it over to Chanyeol. Chanyeol took the ring and just stayed quiet. "I've been wanting to give that back." Chaerin said in the plainest tone. It was the ring Chanyeol gave her on their 2 years anniversary. Chanyeol stared at the ring but then his attention was diverted as he saw Chaerin and Baekhyun walked away, with their arms linked. He put the ring in the back pocket of his blue jeans and walked in the other direction, trying not to see them as it only teared his heart apart. Chanyeol wished he would have the courage to tell Chaerin his true feelings. How he longed to hold her soft tiny hand. How he longed to have her sit beside him in his car. How he longed to tell her he loves her.

Chaerin walked with Baekhyun to the Japanese restaurant and sat beside the sushi bar. As Baekhyun was ordering foods for them both, Chaerin looked at her hands. Her hands felt warm from holding hands with Baekhyun. She realized how small Baekhyun's hand was compared with that of Chanyeol's. Holding hands with Baekhyun felt different. Actually, everything felt different. She remembered how everyone in high school used to for dating Chanyeol who stood mighty tall at 185 cm whereas she was only 157 cm. Everyone told her to find someone more like Baekhyun who would fit her well, but she refused. But now, being with Baekhyun, Chaerin still felt empty. She missed the times she had to tilt her head just to meet Chanyeol's eyes. Her brain was filled with flashback from when she gave the ring back to Chanyeol. She remembered when Chanyeol gave her the ring during their 2nd year anniversary which was also during her birthday. Chanyeol took her on a dinner date to a famous restaurant and gave it to her on his knees. Suddenly, tears streamed down Chaerin's cheeks. Baekhyun looked at Chaerin and immediately wiped the tears of her face and hugged her. Chaerin pushed Baekhyun away and said "Baekhyun, I'm sorry, I can't..." She stood up and left the restaurant. Baekhyun witnessed Chaerin, the girl he loved, leave the restaurant. He punched the table and screamed in frustration. "I can't ever make her mine..." He said to himself and placed his head on the table.

Chaerin walked down the street with swollen eyes. She was still crying. A month has passed since she left Chanyeol but she still could not forget him. "Chaerin why are you so stupid! You must forget Chanyeol!" Chaerin told herself quietly. She walked passed a Bakery she used to visit every weekend with Chanyeol and stopped. Chaerin stood there looking at the display for a while. She remembered how every Sunday they would buy a cake to enjoy together. Chaerin then snapped out from her dreams and started walking to her condominium. "I must let go of Chanyeol. He already has someone else now." Chaerin thought to herself as another tear dropped from her eyes.

 

-----------------------------------

Another update tonight~ Hope you guys enjoy it!

The ring scene was a last minute idea but we hope it gives some tension into the scene :D

Subscribers are much appreciated!

-neoneunmachine-