ANOTHER STRUGGLE

THE PROMISE

 

A week passed and Chanyeol did not hear anything from Chaerin regarding her decision. The only thing he knew was that Chaerin kept on rejecting phone calls from both of her parents and her older brother.
"Chaerin, you can't keep on doing that..." Chanyeol said one day when they were having lunch together at a fast food chain.
"Do what?" Chaerin replied.
"Keep on rejecting phone calls from your family! They'll be worried!" Chanyeol exclaimed.
"Oh That...I just need more time to think about things... I haven't made up my mind... And oh, I didn't reject their phone calls, I just turned my phone off. That's different. " Chaerin took a big bite from the hamburger she's having.
Chanyeol was speechless. He never won any arguments with Chaerin. Chaerin was a very strong willed person and Chanyeol was the complete opposite. As Chanyeol was about to sip his coke, his phone vibrated in the back pocket of his jeans. He quickly took it out and answered the phone call, “Yoboseyo?”
“Hey Chanyeol, it’s Eun Mi. Are you with Chaerin now?” Eun Mi said with haste.
“Yeah she’s with me now. What’s wrong?” Chanyeol said, sensing that something must be up.
"Umm, how do I say this... But Chaerin's mom and brother are here!" Eun Mi whispered, trying to make sure that they did not hear her.
"What? They came from the states?" Chanyeol exclaimed.
Chaerin looked at Chanyeol and tilted her head in confusion. "From the states?" She thought to herself. "Who could it be?"
"Yes! You guys should come home quick!" Eun Mi commanded.
"Ok, I understand. I'll see you there!" Chanyeol replied and slipped his phone back to his pocket.
"Chaerin, big problem. Your mom and brother's at home." Chanyeol told Chaerin. Chaerin's eyes widened in astonishment. "Wh-wh-what do you mean?" She asked.
"I think they're here to pick you up. Come on, let's go!" Chanyeol told Chaerin and picked up his jacket. Chaerin did the same and they both hurriedly left the restaurant.

Chaerin felt guilty for dragging everyone into her personal problem. Deep inside her heart, she still does not want to go. She still wanted to live in Korea. Being raised in Korea made her want to stay even longer. Chaerin continuously tapped her fingers on the car's door as Chanyeol was driving home. Her tapping grew faster and faster. It was synchronous with Chaerin's heart beat. She was thinking of words to say when she sees her mom. "Ahh, I think I'm going crazy..." She thought to herself. As soon as the car stopped in front of the house, Chaerin stormed out and ran inside. She took off her shoes and found her mom and brother sitting in the living room. Her mom was dressed in all black with a matching Gucci bag. Her brother, Luhan, was on the other hand more casual. He was in a checkered shirt with a pair of Adidas sneakers.

"Oh shoot, mom looks pissed. Must be careful…" She thought to herself and tiptoed her way to meet them.

"Hey, mom, hey Luhan oppa." Chaerin greeted her family. "So... How was the flight? I bet it was long and tiring." She continued trying to alleviate the tension.
"What were you thinking Chaerin! Not picking up our phone calls! We were very worried!" Chaerin's mom yelled at Chaerin. The other house-mates watched in silence. They were scared. Very scared. Kyungsoo, Jongin and Joonmyun quietly ran to the kitchen to hide. Eun Mi went to her room and Sehun followed behind her while holding unto her hand tight.
"Geez mom, I did not not pick up your phone calls..." Chaerin replied "I just turned off my phone..." She continued, mumbling.
"Isn't that the same thing?" Chaerin’s mom snapped. 
"Umm, technically no. Not picking up the phone calls could either mean I rejected the calls or…" Chaerin retorted.
"Stop talking back!" Her mom yelled again interrupting Chaerin.
"I'm sorry..." Chaerin whispered and looked at her fingers nervously. “Wrong move.” She thought.
Chaerin's mom cleared and then sat up straight. "Who's that kid behind you?" She continued sternly while pointed her finger at Chanyeol.
"Behind me?" Chaerin asked as she turned her head to see Chanyeol's smiling face. "Ohh, he's my boyfriend for the past two years! Come here jagi, sit beside me!" Chaerin continued. 
Chaerin's mom's eyes widened as she kept a close watch on Chanyeol.
"Hi Mrs.Song, I'm Chanyeol, currently a college sophomore... I'm your daughter's boyfriend..." Chanyeol bowed before taking his seat beside Chaerin on the couch. Chaerin smiled at Chanyeol and held his hand. She knew her boyfriend was nervous as he was sweating like crazy.
"You have a boyfriend and you did not tell me all this time? Chaerin, would you care to explain?" Chaerin's mom exclaimed. She was not pleased with the situation. Her daughter's boyfriend does not look like someone she wanted her daughter to date, or marry later in life. He does not seem like someone with a bright future.
"Explain what? Ohhh, Chanyeol is a music major! His band won several times! I'm so proud of him!" Chaerin replied with glee.
"No that's not what I meant!" Chaerin's mom screamed. "Why are you keeping this a secret from me?"
"I never meant to! You did not ask!" Chaerin retorted while trying to keep her temper.
"Ah, talking with you is pretty hopeless. Luhan, explain this to me!" Her mom directed the question to her brother.

“Uh, as I’ve said, I’m Chanyeol... I’m sor-“ Chanyeol tried to explain but was cut off by Chaerin’s mother.

“I’m not asking you. I’m talking with Luhan here.” Chaerin’s mother snapped. 

"Uhh, she told me she has a boyfriend, she lives with… So I'm not that surprised." Luhan scratched the back of his head. Chaerin gave Luhan a death stare. Luhan tilted his head, signaling his confusion to Chaerin. Then he realized that their mom did not know that Chaerin lived together with a bunch of boys. It was supposed to be a secret kept by the siblings.

"Oh, things are going to go nasty..." Chaerin thought and prepared for her mom to go ballistic at her.

"And you lived with him for the past two years? Look at him, dressing so casually while knowing that I’m here. He’s so hopeless Chaerin-ah! How can you live with someone who has no manners like him?”

“Mom! Stop talking bad about Chanyeol! What do you know about him? You have just met him and judged him just like that?” Chaerin never liked anyone who talked trash about her boyfriend. She stood up and hinted Chanyeol to do the same. Chanyeol held her hand as Chaerin was about to leave the room. Chaerin started walking towards the door when she heard he mom exclaimed, “Oh my! Chaerin! How can you be this rude towards your own mother? See, this boy brought bad influences to you! Come with me! Now!" Chaerin's mom stood up and grabbed Chaerin by the arm. Chanyeol had to let go of Chaerin’s hand. Chaerin shot one last glance at Chanyeol while pouting her lips. She gestured him to call her later tonight. Her mom picked up her bag and told Chaerin to do the same.  Chanyeol was shocked to see his girlfriend dragged out of the house. He did not want to leave a bad impression to Chaerin’s mother but everything was too late. "I'm sorry for keeping this a secret from you, but I have always loved your daughter and will keep her safe no matter what. Please, give me a chance to explain the situation." Chanyeol explained as Chaerin was standing by the door with her mom. Chaerin's mom just looked at Chanyeol for a second and replied, "I have given you chances but you did not use it well. A man with a bright future would not hide himself for two years." The door slammed behind them and Chaerin and her mom was gone leaving the house with a sulky atmosphere.

-----------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update~ 

Chaerin's mother finally appeared! and we decided to put Luhan as Chaerin's brother too hehe :)

Please subscribe and leave a comment since the story will be getting much more intense!

-neoneunmachine-