THE UGLY TRUTH

THE PROMISE

 

"Chaerin-ah! Don't take forever! I am hungry!" Baekhyun screamed from the first floor.
"Wait! I can't decide which pair of heels I am going to wear today!" Chaerin replied loudly from her room. After 10 minutes of contemplation, Chaerin finally ran down from her room wearing a black body-fit dress and a pair of pink neon pumps, completed with a matching bag.
"How do I look?" She said to Baekhyun and did a small twirl.
"You look amazing!" Baekhyun said immediately. He really meant it.
"Thanks! You're such a nice friend!" Chaerin said and walked towards the door.
"Just a friend..." Baekhyun thought to himself. "I am merely just a friend."

When both of them arrived at the restaurant, Chaerin's eyes scanned the room looking for Chanyeol. She recognized the blue varsity jacket Chanyeol wore as it was a gift from her. As she ran towards her boyfriend, she realized that there was a girl beside him. The girl was constantly seducing Chanyeol and trying to hold his hand. Chanyeol just smiled and did not seem to mind the girl's presence. Chaerin saw the girl whispered something to Chanyeol which caused both of them to giggle. Chanyeol then took off his jacket and put it on the girl. Chaerin was speechless. She could not comprehend what was happening. Chaerin went straight to the girl and immediately slapped her. The girl held her right cheek with both of her hands and started sobbing. She hid herself behind Chanyeol and held Chanyeol's arm tight.

"Chaerin-ah!" Chanyeol screamed as he was shocked with what Chaerin did.
"What are you doing with my boyfriend?" She screamed at the girl.
"Chaerin! It's not what you think!" Chanyeol said in his friend's defense.
"What do you mean it’s not what you think? Stop lying to me!" Chaerin said to Chanyeol.
"We should have our private lives right? I can't tell you every little thing that happened in my life." Chanyeol replied with a strong intonation.
"Private? You call this private? Are you out of your mind?" Chaerin said as she clutched to her bag tight in anger.

"Chaerin what is wrong with you? Chaerin, this isn't you. Come on Chaerin..." Chanyeol said trying to calm Chaerin down.
"This isn't me? Then you have been mistaken for the past two years." Chaerin replied and looked straight into Chanyeol's eyes coldly.
They all stood in silence until Chaerin decided to end the whole commotion.
"Chanyeol, I think we're not meant to be together anymore. I guess this is goodbye."
"Jagiya!" Chanyeol said and looked at Chaerin as she started walking out the restaurant.


Chaerin stopped and pointed at Chanyeol "Don't call me jagiya, because I am not yours anymore." She pushed the door and disappeared into the night.
Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol's dazed face and then chased Chaerin. Baekhyun knew that Chaerin was very hurt but she did not let a single tear drop. She was always good at hiding her true feelings. She was like a cold machine. Only the people who truly knew her really understood that deep inside her heart, she was a cry-baby.