MORE THAN FRIENDS

THE PROMISE

 

Chaerin walked faster and faster and started running. "Chaerin hold up!" Baekhyun said between his breaths as he tried to catch up with Chaerin. Chaerin did not stop walking until Baekhyun held her shoulder. She turned around and looked at Baekhyun with a cold stare.
"You don't have to pretend anymore Chaerin. I know you’re hurt." He said to Chaerin.
With what Baekhyun said, Chaerin just stood still as tears rolled down her cheeks. Baekhyun immediately hugged Chaerin and let her cried her heart out. She never wanted things to go this way.  "I don't think I can ever get over him" Chaerin sobbed and cried even harder.

Baekhyun held Chaerin's face and said to her "I will make you forget him." He leaned closer to her and planted a kiss on her lips. Chaerin was still clutching to her bag and just stayed. She was not sure of what to do. Chanyeol, who was a meter away from them witnessed the scene and stood froze. He did not want to see more and walked away as it caused his heart to shatter into million pieces. He knew part of the misunderstanding was his fault and could not stop blaming himself.
Chaerin was shocked with what Baekhyun did and pushed him away from her. "What are you doing? I thought we're friends!" Chaerin said to Baekhyun as she covered with her hands. Baekhyun held Chaerin's hands and said "I've never looked at you as a friend. I have always loved you Chaerin. I love the way you smile. The way you always wait for Chanyeol to pick you up beside the bus stop. They way you sing along to the songs we played during band practice. When you're close to me, my heart always wanted burst."
"Baekhyun, but I've always thoughtyou're a good friend, and you're Chanyeol's best friend..."
"I want to be there when you laugh, cry, smile and everything. Please Chaerin?" Baekhyun held Chaerin's hands even tighter.
"I can't do this Baekhyun. I mean, I've just been through a painful break up and now this? Please don't do this to me. I'll only make you as Chanyeol's replacement and I'll feel bad for it." Chaerin said as she tried to let go of Baekhyun's grip.
"I don't mind being a replacement. I just want to be with you." Baekhyun replied and hugged Chaerin. Chaerin let go of Baekhyun's hug and started walking home leaving Baekhyun speechless. Only silence was there to accompany her.

When Chaerin reached home everyone were home but Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Joonmyun and Jongin looked at Chaerin with concern and walked towards her. They knew she just cried. Eun Mi went to Chaerin and hugged her telling her everything will be fine. Kyungsoo went to the kitchen to grab a drink for her and Sehun just watched in silence. No one knew exactly what went wrong, but they inferred that something must be up between Chanyeol and Chaerin. Chaerin walked upstairs to her room and collapsed to her bed. Flashbacks filled her head. Slapping the girl flirting with Chanyeol. Breaking up with Chanyeol. The kiss with Baekhyun. Her head ached from all the drama. She was in a dilemma. A part of her told her to accept Baekhyun, but another part was convinced that she still could not let go of Chanyeol. Chaerin felt like a criminal for taking Baekhyun for granted, just as a replacement. She forced herself to sleep but stayed up until 4:30 AM and after she was tired, she sobbed herself to sleep.