DISTANCE

THE PROMISE

 

After school one day, Chaerin walked home by herself. Usually Chanyeol would pick her up, but he suddenly told her he could not do so. Eun Mi and Sehun offered Chaerin to walk home with them but she refused because she knew both of them wanted to go on a date first. Jongin had to stay in school because he had to serve detention, as always. Chaerin strolled down the alley while singing to herself. She was confused to why suddenly Chanyeol could not pick her up. He usually was very eager to pick Chaerin up every single day. Chaerin was not suspicious of anything though. Chanyeol has always been an honest man and Chaerin admired him for that. A car suddenly stopped beside Chaerin.


"This car looks familiar" Chaerin told herself.
"Hey Chaerin-ah!" Baekhyun said as he rolled down the window of his car.
"Oh my! Baekhyun!" Chaerin said and waved her hands.
"Come on in! I'll drive you home!"
Chaerin went in the car and sat beside Baekhyun.
"Thanks!" Chaerin smiled. Baekhyun returned her smile and started driving home. They both were singing to whatever song was on the car's radio. Chaerin and Baekhyun were really good friends. They became good friends during high school as Baekhyun and Chanyeol were both in the same band. Although Chaerin thought that Baekhyun was a just a friend, Baekhyun wanted to be so much more than just friends. He liked Chaerin since his high school days. No one knew about it as he does not want to hurt Chanyeol’s, his best friend, feelings. He decided he would just take care of Chaerin from afar.
"Hey Baekhyun, could you pull over here for a minute? I need to go to that drugstore to get some nail polish remover." Chaerin asked Baekhyun as he was driving home.
"Okay. Wait a second." Baekhyun said and parked the car. Just before Chaerin was about to leave the car, Baekhyun caught a glimpse of Chanyeol and Soo Min walking down the street. Soo Min was trying to hold Chanyeol's hand but he refused and walked faster. Intuitively, Baekhyun grabbed Chaerin's hand, causing her to fall back to her seat and hugged her. He made sure that his shoulders would block Chaerin's view. He did not want Chaerin to be hurt.
"Umm, Baekhyun?" Chaerin asked in confusion.
After Baekhyun made sure that Chanyeol has left with Soo Min, he finally said "Oh, I just wanted to say be careful. The cars here drive fast." He then let go of Chaerin and smiled awkwardly.
"Ohh thanks! I will be careful oppa!" Chaerin replied Baekhyun in a teasing manner. She sometimes called Baekhyun oppa just because once Baekhyun said he wanted to be called oppa. He was serious about that, but obviously Chaerin was oblivious. Baekhyun sighed in relief as he saw Chaerin leave the car. He hurriedly grabbed his phone and dialed Chanyeol's number.
"Hey where are you?" He asked him right away when Chanyeol picked up the phone call.
"Umm, I'm with Soo Min, she wanted me to help me pick a new acoustic guitar for her." Chanyeol replied in a not so convincing tone.
"So you did not pick Chaerin up?" Baekhyun said, pretending to not know the situation.
"Nah, but I told her about it, so it should be fine." Chanyeol said.
"Hey Chanyeol-ah..." Baekhyun said and paused.
"What? Hey Baekhyun, I got to go, Soo Min needs some help testing out the guitars. Talk to you at home." Chanyeol said and hung up.
Baekhyun was speechless, he wanted to ask Chanyeol whether he had feelings for Soo Min. He wanted to make sure that Chanyeol was not playing around with Chaerin. Chaerin went in the car and interrupted Baekhyun's train of thoughts.
"Shall we go now?" Chaerin asked Baekhyun with a smile.
"Let's go!" Baekhyun replied and drove the car back home.

Chaerin was in her room when her cell phone vibrated, indicating an incoming call. She rolled down the bed and hurriedly grabbed it and picked the call up. "Hey, what's up?" She said to the other person on the line, which she knew was Chanyeol.
"Guess what? We won the band competition I told you about yesterday!" Chanyeol screamed which surprised Chaerin, causing her to almost fall off her bed.
"Whoa, that's great! Congratulations! I'm so proud of you!" She said and smiled to herself.
"So, in celebration, we're having this small party in the restaurant two blocks away from campus. Can you come?" Chanyeol said.
"Now? Umm sure, but can you pick me up? It's getting late." Chaerin replied as she started hoarding through her pile of clothes, trying to pick an outfit out for the party.
"I'll let Baekhyun pick you up is that okay ?" Chanyeol asked, although he knew Chaerin would agree.
"Sure. Thanks." Chaerin answered.
"Umm, Chaerin-ah" Chanyeol said in his deep voice.
"Yes?"
"I love you."
"I love you too." Chaerin replied and hung up the phone.

 

---------------------------------------

How was it guysss? Double update tonightt! 

Please subscribe to stay updated! 

-neoneunmachine-