Mum

I'm here, that's all it matters.[ON HOLD]

 

“We’re going to umma’s now. You okay?” You nodded silently.

This ride was very much silent and longer than before. Your adopted mother was buried at a small cemetery; not cremated like Yunwoo was. Everyone sat in a solemn manner and kept a straight face. Butler Jang was driving a little faster because he had to return to his family as soon as possible.

The moment you all arrived, everyone scampered off, with Butler Jung alone awaiting.

“Umma, we’re sorry we couldn’t visit often. But now Yunwoo is by your side, you won’t feel as lonely as before. Appa’s busy with work so he couldn’t come. He apologises for that,” Luhan spoke as he cleaned the area around the tomb.

Chanyeol set the offerings on the platform and stepped back. Baekhyun removed the tape from the photo and replaced it with a new one. Jongin had his arms around you, still comforting you. It was already fall, the trees had changed, and the wind has headed to another direction and the people ageing ever so quickly.

You peeked at the other tombs around. They were not as well maintained as your mum’s. Boy, no one has ever been here since the last Chuseok. You wondered where their children were if meeting their parents were not their priority.

Everyone stood in that semi-circle position. Losing your loved ones one after another had impacted hard on yourself. It was not only you; the other boys went through it as well. She was like a mother you never had.You never met your mother so you did not know how it felt. Losing Yunwoo was the worst thing that could happen. He was your only family left. The only way to find your relatives for he had bits and bobs of his early years implanted in his head. But now, that could never happen. No way it could.

“You ready to go?” Jongin mumbled. You let him lead you back to the car where Butler Jung was waiting. Everyone went into their sleeping mode even you. Once you reached home, everyone stepped out of the car and bid farewell to Butler Jung. It was his last day of serving you guys and he was off to take care of his wife.

“No sir. It’s okay I can hail a taxi back.”

“I insist. I’ll drive you back home. Thank you for your help Mr Jung. Appa appreciates it, so do we.”

Butler Jung smiled and waved farewell to all of you. One less person now.

------------------------

“GET BACK HERE!”

“NO. HYUNG~ KYUNGSOO HYUNG IS CHASING ME WITH A KNIFE.”

“STOP EATING THE INGREDIENTS THEN!”

“THIS IS WHY WE SHOULD HAVE BOOKED A TABLE INSTEAD.”

“Are you even watching this? LUHAN!!!”

You slammed your book on your table and swung the door open. “WHY IS IT HARD FOR A GIRL TO STUDY PROPERLY IN THIS HOUSE? SEHUN OPPA YOU . COME HERE. Kyungsoo oppa, I’ll help you clean SEHUN’S MESS when I’m done.”

The yelling abruptly stopped. Sehun glanced at Kyungsoo then the knife then you and back to the knife. “Coming~” he raced up the stairs and dashed straight into your room. So much for living with boys. Quiet Aeree isn’t as quiet as she seems.

 

 


 

Short updates again. I'm really sorry for the short chapter this time. Haish. I should finish the story soon shouldn't I?