n i n e

A Hundred Days

 

Wu Fan wasn’t exactly the most tolerant person in the world. He dislikes people asking too many questions or repeating himself. He dislikes having to thank a person for doing something he knows he can do. He dislikes having someone to know his mistakes and correct it. He dislikes people who see through him and act like they know him—he hates it the most.

To those who have actually met him or worked under him, they knew better than to mess with him. They’re always careful with their actions—even if Wu Fan wasn’t around or something. Anything they say would always end up to Wu Fan. No one knows how he seems to know what they say but to be safe than sorry, they keep their mouth shut.

They wouldn’t even try to ask him anything if it was necessary. It’s either they push someone—like poor Song Qian whose job is to always accept all the harsh words from the President—to ask him or don’t bother asking him at all.

But when he met Soojin, it was something different. It was, like, life eventually threw him lemons and he didn’t know what to make out of it because it was the first time. She was unpredictable. And she does everything that is complete opposite to Wu Fan’s penchants. She was everything Wu Fan hated.

He was beginning to think that signing Soojin into this hundred-day contract they have was the biggest mistake he’s ever done. Especially since Soojin won’t stop nagging him.

“Where are we going?” was the question Soojin wouldn’t stop saying.

He scoffed in irritation, trying to shift his attention his driving. By now, the people in the company would be talking about the President taking someone random girl from the streets. Because of his clothes, the security actually thought she was lying when she told she works for President Kris. And he remembered how the workers in his company are best when it comes to gossiping and making up stories.

Truthfully, Wu Fan didn’t care about what Soojin is wearing. Even if it was a little bit uncommon from what people typically wear, he likes how she distinguishes from others and how she doesn’t even give a flying tuck about what people think.

She likes to wear ratty overalls and shirts with weird printed designs. And then she binds some strands of her hair into a fishtail braid, which makes her look like some kind of a hipster. Nevertheless, she still looks charming without making any efforts. And for once, it was something he liked about her. However, this certain like is something related to adoration, not in any romantic way.

Wu Fan had made sure to keep his life out from love. He promised to himself that he wasn’t going to end up like Luhan or Sehun, both devoted to their wives and missing the time of their lives.

Wu Fan veered to the right, making a surprise stop at the mall his family owns. Well, his father owns it but Wu Fan was deemed to be a special customer, meaning he doesn’t have to pay for anything he wants from the mall. It was one of the advantages of having a mall. He could basically get what he wants whenever he wants to.

The mall was named Wonder Mall, which he thinks was a little foolish. Who names their mall Wonder Mall? It’s similar to that South Korean girl group, Wonder Girls. The only thing different was the second word.

“What are we doing here?” Soojin wanted to know. She was still sitting in the passenger’s seat, not planning to make any move. Suspicion colored Soojin’s face as she studied the huge mall in front of her.

Wu Fan snorted in disbelief. “Are you really going to stay there and not come in?”

She shrugged. “Maybe,” she answered. “Not unless you tell me what we’re doing here.”

He sighed despairingly, placing both of his hands on his hips. The woman was relentless. More stubborn than him. Turning back, he mentally cursed himself for agreeing on signing a contract with the most annoying woman on earth. How was to know anyway? He had thought that she’d actually treat him like everyone else does.

He opened the door for her. Looking around carefully, he made sure that no people who know him were around. If they were, they would be surprised of seeing him actually opening the door for a woman. Wu Fan wasn’t known for having manners or even values. He was rather conceited.

She crossed her arms on her chest. “I want to know what we’re doing here.”

He groaned. “I’m going to add this in our terms and conditions of our contract,” he says with an exasperating sigh. “You are to never ask questions about what I do, understand? You’re only an assistant not a reporter. I think you know the difference.”

She scoffed, shooting him a glare. “Just so you know, I’m asking because I want to know what we’re doing here so I can do my job as an assistant. If I were acting like a reporter, I would’ve fired with you with twenty questions per minute. Know the difference.”

He turned around and walked away, too mad to even counter back. He wasn’t mad because of what she said. He was mad because he wasn’t able to respond to what she said.

Nevertheless, Soojin tagged along him, turning her head from left to right every three seconds. On the other hand, Wu Fan, who was inanely irritated few minutes ago, would check on her, making sure she was following him and not wandering somewhere else. Her look of wonder made him smile. It was like he was with someone who has lived under a rock for years.

Reaching the 2nd level, Wu Fan proceeded straight to the exclusive outlets. Most of the people did a double take when they saw him but it was of another reason. Wu Fan was strikingly handsome, earning ogles from female, mostly.

He went inside the shop where his mother usually goes when he was young. Since his father wasn’t always around, his mother would bring him wherever she goes. Be it in the office or at the mall, Wu Fan would always accompany his mother.

Two members of the staff scuttled when Wu Fan came into view. They greeted him with bright faces and the typical ‘Welcome back, Sir!’. It’s not like he was gone for so long. Besides, his mother would frequently buy from this store.

“I need a dress,” he says, ignoring their appreciations. He glanced back, verifying that Soojin was still following him. The two women nodded in confirmation, scampering around the store. “Hold on. I need dresses.”

“For what?” Soojin asked, looking at him guardedly.

He shrugged informally. “For you,” he answered, placing his hands on her shoulders. He pushed her to the dressing room while he motioned the other woman to bring a chair for him to sit on and wait.

“I don’t need the dresses!” Soojin protested, her eyes widening. “I’m not going to use it anyway.”

Wu Fan crossed his arms, plopping down on the seat. “You’re going to use it from now on,” he declared flatly. “If you’re going to do the contract, might as well dress up like a secretary. Those overalls are all dirty and ragged. Why won’t you throw it away already?”

She sighed, rolling her eyes. “I’m an auto mechanic, remember? I told you I work at the car shop.”

He scoffed. “And overalls are supposed to stay at the car shop,” he countered back. “You’re supposed to wear something proper and businesslike at the office. And heels are a must.”

She shook her head, looking horrified. “No!” she barked. “Heck no! I’m not wearing hells the entire day! I wore heels once during the prom and I didn’t even last three minutes. If I didn’t last for three minutes, I’d probably be lying on the floor because of standing all day.”

“Well, I’m sorry. If you’re working for me, you have to wear them whether you like it or not.”

Soojin opened to say something, only to be cut off when the two women arrived with various dresses in hand. Before Soojin was successfully trapped inside the dressing room to change, Wu Fan shot her a smug smile, as if telling her, “I win.”

He could hear shuffling inside the dressing room, throwing clothes here and there. He couldn’t help but chuckle to himself, imagining a distraught Soojin inside.

Few minutes later, Soojin’s head popped out of the door. She shot Wu Fan a scowl.

“Come out already,” Wu Fan urged. I bet she’d look really strange, he thought, completely entertained.

Soojin heaved out a deep sigh. She closed the door to come out properly. He didn’t know whether it was a strange sense of déjà vu because Soojin took a momentary 10-second pause before opening the door. It’s like those he sees in movies or drama shows. Strangely related.

When she came out, he noticed her staggering, like she was struggling to walk by the book. But that wasn’t the only thing Wu Fan noticed. Studying her from toe-to-head, he felt his stomach doing a flip thing. It made him wonder whether it’s because he’s hungry or something else. But Soojin incredibly looked… different.

“How do I look?” she asked cautiously.

He blinked, trying to form words. “You look…” he trailed off, scrutinizing her from head to toe. It seemed endless. Wu Fan wished he was seeing someone else. But no. It was the same Soojin who wears overalls and scruffy Converse sneakers. And the Soojin now who actually has long, slender legs. She looked like a full-grown woman.

“Beautiful,” he concluded, gulping nervously.

 

i had to change my author notes, trolol, because of the new format aff has.

asdfghjkl, kris is so hot, and those pictuers of him from Going All Out, what the . just when we can finally his y, wet body, he had to wear black. scumbag kris is scumbag. but puhrease, he's so hot, okay.

and check out my exo drabble collections, it's my new story. probably updated slowly ;~;

sorry for the lack of updates, i blame college.

asdfghjkl comments would be nice.