n i n e t e e n

A Hundred Days

 

Um, why would you leave a message after the beep? That feels weird. Okay, leave one anyway.

Beep!

…Sweetheart? I’m sorry. I know you’re mad at me but I hope you forgive me. And I believe you. I’m sorry for what I’ve said yesterday. I won’t question what you’re doing because I trust you. Just… come home and let’s talk, okay? Bye.

Soo? It’s Chen. Um, your father came here yesterday and I didn’t know what to say. But don’t worry. I reassured him that you’ll come back. You’ll come back, right? I’m worried. Call me as soon as you get this message if you know how to operate voicemails. The other guys are worried, too. Especially Tao, he couldn’t stop crying.

Soojin shook her head, chuckling at the image of Tao crying. Of course, Tao was the emotional one of the group. He cried at the smallest, most sentimental things. Those who didn’t know him would get intimidated when they meet him, because of his dark eyes and somewhat dark skin. And also the fact that he knew wushu.

But in reality? Tao was a really good person and he hated fighting.

She tilted her neck to the side, feeling a little numb after staying in one position for three straight hours. When she woke up, she found Kris with his head on her lap, falling in a deep slumber. He must’ve been tired, she thought, recalling what happened few hours ago.

A blush crept on her cheeks. She had hugged him. She took the initiative to embrace him, to just wrap her arms around him without sending him a warning. He must’ve been surprised as well. Honestly, she didn’t know what came into her mind that she did that. It felt like it was needed. And she didn’t even regret it, not one bit.

But it was the first physical contact they had for the two weeks of being together. She was so close to him. So close that she could feel his warm, rough skin on her hands when he held hers. Her cheeks nestled themselves next to his. She could hear him breathing.

She took a glimpse of him. At least he was asleep. He wouldn’t even notice her staring at his face. Just for a few minutes, she secretly wished. Let me stare at his face. She froze on the couch, scrutinizing every contours of Kris’ face.

Tracing her finger, she outlined his long, well-sculpted nose. His face was flawless. She traced his thin lips, wondering how soft it would feel like if she kissed him. She blinked. Where the hell did that come from? Kiss? She’s thinking of kissing him?

She gulped nervously and took her hand back. No way, her mind whirled.

She felt Kris stir and in a blink of an eye, she froze. He slowly opened his eyes, blinking and looking confused as to where he is. On the other hand, Soojin did her best not to move. She waited for him to fully realize where he was and where he’s sleeping on.

He looked up. She looked down. Their eyes met.

“…hi?” She greeted meekly.

Kris shuffled on his feet instantly. He ran his hands through his hair swiftly, as if to fix it and casually looked down on his shirt. He cleared his throat, a crimson flush spreading on his cheeks. Looking anywhere but her, he tried to regain himself.

“Do you want to go to Lotte World?” She asked abruptly.

Kris raised his eyebrows. “Why would I want to go to a childish park?”

She rolled her eyes. “It’s not a childish park,” she argued, crossing her arms. “Adults can go there, too. Seriously, what rock are you hiding? Haven’t you gone to Lotte World even once?”

He shook his head. “No. So what?”

She tried hard not to look crestfallen. But she failed. How could someone pass up the opportunity to go to Lotte World even once in his entire life? “No way.”

“China doesn’t have a Lotte World or something.”

“Even when you moved here? Not once?”

He shook his head.

“No way!” She covered , completely baffled.

He scratched his head in annoyance. “Let’s just go to wherever that is.”

Soojin laughed at seeing Kris’ ticked expression. She told him to wear some casual pants and shirt and joked about business suits, annoying him even more. Once he was set, they headed for the car. Soojin offered to drive since she knows where the place was but Kris had pride. He wanted to drive.

In the end, Kris had the keys.

Thirty minutes later, an overwhelming feeling of excitement surged inside her. It had been years since the last time she came here. And that last time she spent here was with her parents. Her mother was still alive and she was definitely happy. What went wrong?

Once they had parked at the Adventure parking area, Soojin didn’t wait for Kris to open the car door for—which she knew he won’t do anyway. He wasn’t a gentleman, she noticed from the first time they met. Kris had that awful expression on his face the entire time and she couldn’t help but roll her eyes.

Couldn’t wait any longer, Soojin decided to grab hold of his hand and drag him instead. He was being a slowpoke. She didn’t know whether he’s doing this on purpose or he’s just not interested. After all, he was deprived of a happy childhood. Perhaps, it’s somewhat normal for a person like him to feel that way.

They went to the nearest ticket booth in the Magic Island. Since Soojin had been here before, she led the way. Of course, she was completely aware that she was holding his hand. He didn’t even refuse or pull his hand away. He let it be. Therefore, she must not mind as well.

The first ride they had was the Gyro Swing.  Hand in hand, they took off their shoes together, as what the person-in-charge had instructed them to. Every two minutes, she would coolly glance over at Kris, making sure he wasn’t scared. He argued that he wasn’t scared of anything.

She raised her hands in the air, screaming as she felt herself flying to and fro. It was these moments when she wished she would go back as a kid and would worry about nothing. Just enjoying what the world has to offer to her.

She sneaked a peek at Kris, who seemed immobile the first few minutes. Then a big grin was plastered on his face, too, subtly screaming as the feeling of adrenaline rush flowed inside his veins.

Then they went to the Ghost House after. She wasn’t literally scared of ghosts, especially horror movies. But the sound effects they make, it frightens the hell out of her. Especially when she lets her guard down and it gives this surprise attack sound or something. It irks her sometimes.

On their way inside, she teased Kris about being scared of ghosts but he didn’t say anything. Although he seemed rather quiet, he tightened his grip on hers. As soon as their journey started, Soojin would evenly jump at the appearance of a woman dressed in full-white and all. Kris flinched when he tripped on a small hole.

Soojin restrained herself from laughing.

The third ride they had was the Gyro Drop. At first, Soojin didn’t like the idea of it because it was extremely scary. The tower was 70m high and it felt like she was dropping from heaven, completely helpless. Kris used this as his turn to . That made her pissed.

In the end, she did ride the Gyro Drop.

She was screaming and clutching at the bars so tight it made Kris laugh. She could’ve seen it if only her eyes weren’t closed and if only she wasn’t scared. Kris was in a laughing fit with tears in his eyes.

For almost four hours, both of them probably tried every ride they could think of. Oh, except for this kiddie rides and some rides with a restriction height. Kris wasn’t allowed in because of his height and he was left with Soojin, teasing him about how incredibly tall he is.

They opted to take a break, take some snacks and rest for a while. The last time she checked, it was almost five in the afternoon. Maybe she ought to go home. Yunho had been worried sick of where she was. And she hadn’t even changed her shirt from yesterday.

On their way to Café d’Azur for burgers, there was one stall that caught her attention. They were selling couple tees, something she hasn’t seen. The last time she went here, there were no such stalls. She even assumed the management didn’t allow any stalls to rent.

“Do you want to buy?”

She glanced at Kris, startled. “Uh, what?”

“Those shirts,” he repeated, pointing at the stall where she was staring at moments ago. “You were eyeing them. I was wondering if you want to buy.”

She shook her head swiftly. “Oh! No! It’s okay. I’m… I’m fine with what I’m wearing.” No, she wasn’t fine. She hadn’t changed her shirt.

“You haven’t changed your shirt.”

“I’m fine. Really.”

Kris didn’t look convinced. Tugging on her hand, he ambled towards the stall and greeted the saleslady snootily. She wanted to stop him, to tell him that these were couple tees, in case he didn’t know. Perhaps, he didn’t know. That might be the reason why he’s buying.

He bought a blue raglan tee for her and gray for him.

“Did you know these were couple tees?” Her ears burned hot. She couldn’t even look up and meet his eyes.

Grabbing her hand, he shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. “I know.”

 

 

HURRRAAAY FOR 106 SUBSCRIBERS <3

LOVE YOU GAISE :3