e n d

A Hundred Days

 

“You’re ridiculous!”

“Trust me, Kris,” Luhan declared, patting his shoulder. “Show her this contract you’ve made. And when she finally signs it, you tell her to turn the flashlight on and loom it over the paper. You’re going to thank me for this, I know.”

Wu Fan groaned, wondering whether it was a good idea asking Luhan for help. Maybe it would’ve been better if he had asked Yoona or Krystal instead. But since both were pretty busy and Luhan was the only one available, he had no choice.

After Gillian’s announcement of the marriage contract termination, Wu Fan felt overjoyed. At first, his father didn’t agree to this, rebuking Wu Fan for being irresponsible but Wu Fan proved his point. He had proved that he could work hard and be the son his father would definitely be proud of. And for the first time, Wu Fan had mustered up the courage to disobey his father.

To be polite, he appeared at the airport to say goodbye to Gillian. They were friends after all. They had a history together and it would be so rude of him to just ignore her and leave without even saying goodbye. He thanked her for what she’s done for him for the last time and wished her good luck with everything.

And now Wu Fan found himself sweating a lot, contemplating whether he’s doing the right thing of showing up in her house without any warning. He had planned this since last week, practicing his lines over and over again. Visiting Soojin now is like courting death. He was well aware of that Soojin’s family knew what happened and they were mad at him.

That’s why he decided to show up and express his most sincere apology.

“I don’t know,” Wu Fan muttered anxiously, his hands trembling. “You do know that her family knows what happened, right? And I’m not just talking about a father, mother and sisters. She has four ahjussis who she’s grown up with since she was born and… they’re pissed at me.”

Luhan nudged him in the arm. “Don’t worry. If they try anything…” he trailed off, searching for the right words. “…well, I’ll be the first to run. I could turn on the car and you catch up. We could run away before they cut us to pieces.”

“Luhan!”

Luhan waved his hands. “Chill, chill! I was kidding. You need to relax.”

“I can’t!” Wu Fan whined.

Luhan shook his head. “Man, you’re whipped.”

“Says the man who was whipped first!” Wu Fan defended himself, red spots flared on his cheeks.

“Hey! I was—”

“Sir, we’re here.”

Wu Fan took a deep breath, clutching Luhan’s arm firmly. He was nervous. What if he gets cut to pieces before he could tell Soojin what he feels? He turned to the window, looking out for some signs that show danger.

The car shop definitely looked familiar to him. Wait. Wasn’t this the car shop where his father usually sends his car to be cleaned or fixed? So this was where Soojin works. Funny how the world seemed so small. Maybe they were truly meant to be together.

As long as he’ll survive.

“Ready?” Luhan asked.

Wu Fan nodded. With Luhan opening the door, Wu Fan took a deep, long breath before stepping out. Immediately, he caught the eye of a man wearing similar overalls with Soojin. His face was covered with grease and his hair was all over the place. Wu Fan watched as the man called someone’s name.

Wu Fan turned to Luhan, giving him a side-glance. Luhan could only nod.

“May I help you?”

Wu Fan blinked, stunned for a while but he quickly recovered himself. “Um, is Soojin here?”

The man scrutinized him, looking as if he was trying to figure Wu Fan out. And then realization dawned on him. Wu Fan watched as his polite expression turned into a sour one. He knew Wu Fan. He knew what he’s done. And he didn’t look happy at all.

He called for someone named Jungsoo and he appeared. Soon, there were five men surrounding Wu Fan. Five, superbly pissed men who wanted nothing but an explanation. Wu Fan wanted to run. He wanted to escape from their burning gazes and just go back home.

He couldn’t do this. He’s too petrified.

Next time, he made sure to remember not to mess with Soojin or else he gets his head on a platter. If only—

Just then, Soojin appeared from the door at the corner. There was that puzzled look on her face, that adorable expression Wu Fan had missed for a very long time.  She looked fine, not happy though. Wu Fan can’t wait until he tells her what happened.

“Ahjussi? What are you—” She jolted into a halt when she saw him. Confusion and astonishment shadowing her face. She surely hadn’t expected to see him here. Gulping, she whispered something in their ears and they moved few steps back. She whirled around to face me. “What are you doing here?”

“I came here for the contract,” Wu Fan answered nervously.

She raised her eyebrows. “Contract? I’m coming back on Monday. I told Victoria.”

He nodded. “I know. But I need your signature on this.” He presented the paper Luhan had given him earlier. “In case you forget.”

“Do we really need this?” Soojin whined, plainly displeased. “This isn’t the time—”

“Yah, what the heck is—”

“Youngwoon ahjussi, please?” Soojin huffed. “Fine. Just leave after this.” She snatched the pen from Wu Fan’s hand, swiftly signing the paper without hesitation. After, Wu Fan told him the exact same thing Luhan told him.

“Why?”

“Just do it.” Even Wu Fan didn’t know what’s written. He was curious, too.

She did as she was told. Tilting it in a different angle, she tried to read what was written. If truth be told, Luhan had written another condition that only he knows. Wu Fan leaned forward, curious to know what he’s written.

“…what is this?” Her cheeks burned hot. “Who wrote this?”

Wu Fan groaned, shooting Luhan a ‘what the hell’ look. “…Luhan,” he replied faintly.

She frowned. “What is this, Kris? We’ve talked about this—”

“I know,” he cut her off, grabbing her hands. “Let me explain.” He noticed how the men behind her flinched, as if they were ready to get him off in case he does something to her. “Our marriage—my marriage with Gillian has been terminated.”

“…what?”

He nodded, bringing her hand to his cheek. “I’m not getting married,” he repeated. “Gillian backed out. She knows… she knows that I’m in love with someone else. And surprisingly, she’s also in love with someone else. She asked my Dad to cancel the marriage thing and she… I can do whatever I want.”

“What about your Dad?”

He pulled her for a hug, resting his cheek on his head. “Don’t worry about my father,” he told her. “Gillian had managed to convince him to leave me alone. I’ve proved myself that I could work and that I could be the son he’s always wanted. I’ve reached his expectations, even managed to surpass it so there won’t be any problem anymore.”

“But—”

“No buts,” he interrupted, cupping her face in his hands. “I miss you.”

Soojin’s eyes were filled with tears. “You idiot.”

He chuckled. “I love you, too.” Before he could kiss her, someone tapped him lightly on the shoulder. He almost forgot her father was there, too. And so were four other men.

Soojin laughed, gesturing at the man behind her. “Dad, this is Kris,” she introduced. “I’m pretty sure you know him because his father is a regular customer in our shop. Kris, this is my father, Yunho. And those”—she pointed at the four men—“are the ahjussis I told you about. Jungsoo, Youngwoon, Jongwoon and Yoochun. Ahjussi, this is Kris.”

“Could’ve at least come here with a normal car,” Youngwoon grumbled, rolling his eyes. “Not some flashy ones.”

Soojin cackled. “Youngwoon ahjussi!”

Youngwoon shrugged. “I’m just saying.”

She ignored him, swiveling back to Wu Fan. Her eyes sparkled. “Do you want to come inside and meet the rest of my family?” she suggested. “I could call over Chen and his friends, too.”

“Chen? Who is he?”

She shrugged. “He’s my boyfriend.”

“Boyfriend?!” He scowled.

She snickered. “I was kidding. Chill. Bring Luhan oppa inside, too.”

He cocked his head to the side. “How did you know he’s here?”

She rolled her eyes. “Duh, as if you’d write that thing on the paper,” she teased. “I know Luhan oppa is the only person who is capable of writing such nonsense things like those.”

A smile drew on Wu Fan’s lips. “Why? What’d he write?”

Soojin frowned, her lips trembling in an insecure smile. “Don’t act like you don’t know!”

“I don’t,” he lied.

She pursed her lips. “I’m serious!”

“I’m serious, too. What’d he say?”

She tried not to look at him but her eyes kept slipping back to his face. “Well…” she contemplated for a while, her cheeks coloring like a peach in the sun. “He wrote, ‘Discarding the last condition, I promise to stay and love Wu Yi Fan with all my heart and soul, not just for a hundred days, but forever until we both shall live.’”

Wu Fan laughed, his eyes twinkling. “Oh, I know.”

Soojin glared at him, slapping his shoulder as hard as she could. “Yah! You liar.”

“I was just—”

“Stop with the cheesy moments and get him inside, Jung Soojin. Now.”

Soojin groaned in disagreement. Wu Fan might have won this round now but she’ll definitely make sure he’s going to lose in the next days. She shot him one last glare before walking away, interlacing her fingers with his. Tugging on his wrist, she pulled him to the house.

Soojin, do you hear me? I love you. Not just a hundred days or until the contract is over. But for forever.


 

so guys, this might be the last time you'll hear from me, from the only writer who wants to be called j because she kind of hates her real name lol. but for the mean time, i shall let my friend (she likes to be called bee! because her name's bianca hahaha welcome biancs) take over my account for a while. she's going to continue updating my stories, and maybe even make another one (she mentioned that she's going to make the apply fic wohooo yay) so i'll see you guys soon. to those friends i haven't talked or i have talked to, i'll miss you. you can refer to this blog.

thank you for supporting. lots of love xxx

j