t h r e e

A Hundred Days

 

After almost thirty minutes of circling Seoul—if that was even possible—Soojin had reached the Wu Corporations. Technically, their building was so hard to find. First, the building looked jaded. With the predictable silver-colored bulwarks, it looked like it could blend right in with other opulent buildings. Second, there were too many buildings and the name of the company was blocked by the other tall structures. Lastly, Soojin had forgotten where it was.

Gradually, she reached the place. Before getting off, she took one good look at the place. Typical, she thought immediately. All of the good companies seem to have typical-looking structures. She wondered if she could ever see something different.

She noticed a mob gathering around at what seemed to be the entrance to the office. Curious, she marched to where it was. She shouldered her way through the mob, hoping she could see what was happening. There were distinct murmurs and whispers. She could only catch poor woman and merciless man.

Maybe a lovers’ quarrel? Soojin thought.

As soon as the view was clearer as crystal to Soojin, she studied the scene. The woman, with her wavy, blonde hair, was terrified. Soojin could see how the woman was trembling like she was scared of the man before her. And the man—woah, if only she knew what’s going on—was stunning as heck. She barely remembered that male actor she has a crush on year after taking a good look at that man.

“What happened?” Soojin asked a random onlooker.

“The woman spilled her coffee on his shirt,” she answered sympathetically. Soojin wondered how that could attract attention. She meant, if her dad were to spill coffee on her shirt by accident, her father wouldn’t even care. And it wouldn’t even attract random people.

The man looked pissed though. But really, Soojin was wondering how he can get so mad over a spilt coffee on his shirt? All it takes is washing away and then drying it up. Perhaps, the stain could be gone by then. With the scene attracting a lot of random passers—mostly, people wearing business suits—it looks almost incredulous to Soojin.

But why wasn’t anyone stopping him, anyway? The woman looks beyond scared.

Soojin wanted to. But this wasn’t her business. She had promised her father she’d put on her best behavior and that she won’t create trouble. She bit her lip, hesitating to help the woman. She could just walk away and pretend she didn’t see. Or maybe she could—

“…Taeyeon-ssi. I know you. You’re from the Strategic Design Department, right?”

The woman nodded frantically, still not meeting his gaze. Soojin found herself stepping out of the crowd and walking towards the woman. If she didn’t know better, she would’ve chosen the second lane instead: leave and pretend nothing ever happened.

“Are you okay?” Soojin asked the woman named Taeyeon, putting her arms around the terrified woman’s shoulder. Taeyeon didn’t respond. Instead, she shot Soojin a quizzical look or something between petrified and grateful.

“Go,” Soojin urged, patting Taeyeon’s back. “I’ll take care of this.”

She wasn’t thinking. Take care of what exactly? Soojin thought to herself as she watched the Taeyeon woman walk away, practically in tears. Some of the people who were watching had started to resume to what they were doing. Some still stayed, curious to what’s going to happen next. Nosy.

Seconds later, Soojin found herself in front of the man who she thought was stunning. She wasn’t wrong though. He was definitely stunning. No, beyond gorgeous, if it was ever possible to describe such a man. He was taller than her, perhaps ten inches, and the clothes he’s wearing looks expensive.

Apparently, when Soojin met his gaze, he didn’t look pleased of what she did.

“Who are you?” he asked snottily, looking completely indignant.

Soojin snorted. “Look, you don’t have to know who I am,” she stated casually, glancing at his stained shirt. “But you don’t have to get so angry over a spilt coffee. Here’s 500 Won. You can ask a laundry shop to wash it for you.”

Getting 500 Won from her pocket, she grabbed the man’s hand and placed the money on his palm.

“There,” she muttered. “Problem solved.”

Now that one situation had been solved, Soojin shifted her attention to what she came here for. She was supposed to find someone named President Kris in this huge building and give him the envelope. It was tightly sealed. Even if Soojin wanted to find out, she couldn’t. Seems like her father had closed it well enough for her not to snoop around.

She heard the man scoff from behind her. Shrugging, she was about to continue walking and ignore him when she heard his voice.

“Yah, 500 Won girl!” The man called.

Soojin wheeled around indifferently, not even slightly disturbed by what he had called her. She was used to people calling her names, especially from her ahjussis who like to make up lots of names. She didn’t care anyway. “I have a name but I prefer if you don’t know.”

“Do you know who I am?” he asked in disbelief, holding out the 500 Won.

Soojin studied his face, trying to think of the people she had met the past few days. Delving inside her mind, she attempted to remember any faces familiar to his. But nothing came up. Does she know him? Maybe met him the other day? Or was he customer of their car shop?

Soojin shook her head, frowning. “No, not really,” she finally answered. “But if I would’ve known you, I could have, at least, mentioned your name. And by the way, do you know someone by the name of”—clutching the back of the envelope to search for the name—“Lǐ Jiāhéng? People call him President Kris. I forgot to ask my father what he looks like. I need to give him this envelope.”

To her complete surprise, the man snatched the envelope from her hands.

“Yah! That’s not yours!” she protested, trying to retrieve the envelope.

“I believe it is,” the man replied impatiently. “You stupid girl. You don’t know who you’re talking to?”

She was pissed now. Not only was the man conceited but he was definitely one . “Look, I don’t know you,” she repeated sharply. “If I do, I would’ve at least mentioned your name. Can you please give me back that envelope? It’s not yours.”

He chuckled in pure amusement. “I can’t believe this. You really don’t know me?”

She groaned. “Ugh, what’s with ‘know me, know you’ question? It’s getting irritating.” She glanced at the envelope on his hands. Swiftly, she tried to reclaim it. But the man seems to be faster than he was. Dodging her hand, he kept the envelope out of her reach.

She gave up. Let the man do what he wants. She’s going home.

Infuriated, she walked away from the man without giving one last glance. It’s not her fault anyway if that envelope doesn’t President Kris. She knew she went to the building. She could just tell her father that she did give it to him. She could lie. Her father wouldn’t know anyway.

And whoever that man was, he better watch out. Soojin wasn’t going to forget him. Not when he’s made her this would up.

The car roared to life as she put the keys in the ignition. Distracted and upset, she shifted her attention away from her surroundings. She planned to give at least another hour for her to drive around Seoul. Or at least few minutes, if she was fast enough.

Crash.


 

♣ rackcity —

hohahohaha, leave me some comments, preasue? c;

/puppy eyes/ so i would know how i'm doing, otl.

and hope you guys enjoy it! they finally met, yay <3

and class is in a week, oh noes.