s e v e n t e e n

A Hundred Days

 

Wu Fan woke up with a headache. The worst headache in the world. He couldn’t even remember what he was doing last night. The last thing he could remember was him feeling absolutely infuriated at the fact that his father still doesn’t seem to accept him and that argument with Soojin.

He groaned as he sat up. The pain in his head was throbbing, like someone was hammering him on the back of his head. It was the worst hangover he’s had for, what, almost five years. He needed the drink. He needed to think. Drinking was the only solution he could think of as of that moment.

However, he seemed to regret it now.

“You’re pathetic and I actually feel sorry for you. I understand you now. The way you seem to have this vindictiveness against the people around you is just your way of trying to push them away, right? And your way of trying to be like your father so you could get his approval. It’s absurd. You’re willing to hurt the others just so you could get what you want. You’re immature because you think you can solve everything with money and with this… business you have. You’re just scared. You’re a coward. You act as if you’re someone higher or superior than them when the truth is, you are a ing coward! Well, I can tell you, you aren’t getting anywhere! In fact, you’re bringing yourself down. Good luck with getting what you want. Because from what I see, you aren’t getting anywhere.”

“,” he hissed under his breath. Resting his head on the palm of his hand, he tried to rub his temple with his two fingers, silently hoping the pain would go away. But it didn’t. What bothered him most was the fact that she seemed to see right through him.

Yes, he was talking about Soojin.

He scrubbed his eyes, trying to get a clearer view of where he was right now. The last time he checked, he was pretty sure he called and told no one of where he was last night. He finally went to that club Luhan recommended him. It wasn’t the best but it wasn’t the worst either. Their drinks were awesome and he mostly ignored the girls that were trying to feel him up.

All he could ever think about was what Soojin had said.

And he doesn’t even know why. It bothered him. It upset him. Those words scared him. The way she told him about it… it’s almost as if she could see what he really feels, what he really thinks. It frightened him. He almost wished Soojin was blind.

…and what the was he doing in his room?

His mind is hazy but he clearly remembers what his room looks like. He doesn’t remember coming home or… or calling someone to pick him up from the club. He remembered passing out…

He wheeled to his right, completely startled at the sight of someone’s hair. A cleft formed between his eyebrows, trying to recall last night’s memories.

It wasn’t just anyone. The long, wavy hair seems familiar to him. She seems really recognizable to him… where has he seen her before?

No, it can’t be. Why would she be here? Why would she still be here?

Snapping back to reality, he freaked out at the moment she started moving. He wondered on what he’d do when she sees him. Was he supposed to act like he’s still asleep? What, was he supposed to say thank you to her for being here? Or… or act like he didn’t even care? Or maybe act surprised at why she’s here? What the was he supposed to do—

“You’re awake.”

Too late. Soojin saw him already. Blinking, she rapidly straightened her hair and cleared . It rather felt awkward, after what happened yesterday, he didn’t expect to see her first thing in the morning. But it wasn’t bad. In fact, it was better than waking up alone.

Her eyes skipped around the room; left, right, anywhere but in his eyes. She hoisted herself up, looking like she just woke up and realized where she was right now. If she was feeling discomfited, what more could Wu Fan feel seeing her after their big quarrel yesterday?

“I’m sorry,” she blurted out, breaking the silence.

Wu Fan blinked, baffled at her apology. He was supposed to act contrite, not her. “For what?”

“For being here,” she answered, not meeting his gaze. “You’re probably wondering what I’m doing here. Last night, I got a call—”

He groaned. That didn’t happen, did it? Oh, God. He’s in deep trouble. “I didn’t… Did I do…? Oh, God. I feel horrible. Did I do something… to you?”

She flicked an eyebrow, waiting for him to finish his statement. Do what exactly? She didn’t know what he was trying to say. Wu Fan’s cheeks colored like a peach in the sun. Just thinking about it… he really didn’t do it with her, did he?

“You know…” he prompted, unable to look up.

She pinched her eyebrows. “Know…” she trailed off, pondering on what he could be talking about. And then it hit her. Her ears burned hot and red spots flared on her cheeks. “No!” she blurted out. “Oh, God. You thought we did… oh, God. No, Kris. We didn’t do that if that’s what you’re trying to ask. Oh, God!”

He let out a sigh of relief. “I thought we…” he dawdled, rubbing his temples. He turned to face her. “What are you doing here?”

His cold tone startled her. She glared at him. “Well, a simple thank you would have been enough,” she snapped. “But I guess you were too drunk to remember that I picked you up from that club. You were almost kicked out. If I didn’t agree to come, you would’ve been at the parking lot, too wasted to go home. And you smell so bad; you should take a bath or something.”

“Did I ask for your opinion?” he countered back.

She raised one eyebrow. “No, but I felt like saying it.”

Inhaling deeply, she reached out for her bag and draped it over her shoulder. She shot him one last, withering look and walked out of his room. Instead of feeling rather scared at the fact that she’s mad at him, he was amused at her angry expression. He thought she looked adorable.

Snap out of it, he mentally reminded himself.

“Yah!” he yelled, pushing the blankets off him. He stood up, staggering, and ran after her. “Where are you going?”

The pain in his head throbbed again, causing him to fall a few steps back. But he didn’t give up. Instead, he followed her until she reached the door at the living room. He watched her struggle on the doorknob, trying to open it. But it won’t budge. He blinked, a smirk playing on his lips.

Today’s Saturday, so that means the butler wasn’t around.

“Yah, cook for me,” he demanded casually, propping an elbow at the wall next to him. He sounded so casual and amused at the same time. It seemed fun, teasing Soojin until she had this adorable, angry expression on her face. Wu Fan thought it’s really cute.

Soojin scoffed, wheeling around sharply to look at him. “What?” she asked in disbelief. “You’re asking me to cook for you?”

He nodded. “You understand what I’m saying, right?”

“You’re rich, right? Then you better tell your assistant or something.” She shifted back to the doorknob. “You’re a President of a company and you don’t even know how to cook.”

He chuckled in amusement. “I am telling my assistant. And when I want your opinion, I’ll ask for it.”

She scowled. “The contract was over.”

“It’s not unless I say it is,” he disputed, crossing his arms. He smiled when anger colored her face. Thinking of a good, sarcastic comeback, he opened his mouth to say something but the pain beat him first. He swore he felt the whole world spinning for a second there.

“Oh, God! Kris!” He heard her shout his name. “Fine. I’m staying. Now stop acting.”

He opened his mouth to say something, but only irrelevant noises came out. Soojin was next to him, trying to pull him to his feet. He didn’t even notice he had fallen. Next time, he made a mental note to never drink again. It gave him a headache.

Well, at least he go to be with Soojin. That was a good thing… right?


 

update for you guys since i am in a good mood.

think i might have gained a few pounds over the long weekend.

o n o