t w e n t y - s e v e n

A Hundred Days

 

“Did she win?”

“No, she didn’t.”

“Oh.”

“But she won second place. That’s a lot better.”

Yoona let out a long breath, resting her head on the headrest. She waved her hands apprehensively. “I just don’t get why you didn’t go to her,” she complained, clearly worrying over something she shouldn’t be worried about. “Or at least fight for her.”

Luhan chuckled in delight. He found it funny how his wife seemed to be the one in love with Soojin, not Wu Fan. “Honey, are you worried?” he asked teasingly. “Wu Fan is supposed to be the one fussing, not you.” He pecked her forehead.

Yoona grunted in disagreement. “So?” She turned to Wu Fan. “Are you not going to do something? I miss Soojin. I miss her so bad. I don’t get why she has to shorten her work hours here. I mean, not to offend your father or something, but he seriously needs to get a grip. Soojin is a good person and I love her.”

“You do?” Sehun chortled. “Noona, are you in love with Soojin noona?”

Yoona shot him a dark look. “Not funny, Sehun.”

Krystal slapped him lightly on the arm. “It’s not the time to play around, Sehun,” she reprimanded him. “Soojin unnie might be a little awkward at times but she’s definitely the nicest person I’ve ever met. Even if she has something against dresses, heels and typical female stuff, I have to admit that I’ve grown attached to her.”

Luhan pretended to be horrified. “Oh, god! Something’s wrong with our wives, Sehun! Do you hear the words coming out from their mouth? They’re speaking gibberish! What are we supposed to do?” He mockingly turned to Wu Fan. “Kris, do something!”

Yoona scowled. “Luhan.”

He rushed to her side with an apologetic face. “I’m sorry, honey,” he chanted. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry.”

Wu Fan knew Yoona had a point. He was supposed to do something and he is doing something. For the past four weeks, he had noticed how Soojin had changed into a whole different person. She avoided him like a plague and she didn’t even talk to him anymore. She tried to distract herself just so she won’t stay inside his office like she used to in the past.

And whenever Gillian visited him, Soojin disappeared.

But to make up for her absences, Wu Fan swore to himself that he’s going to work harder. He’s still playing his father’s game, acting as if nothing’s wrong and going along with his plan of getting him to marry Gillian Chung.

His hard work had brought about a lot of good effects. From the 35% increase of the company’s gain from the last report, Wu Fan had finally reached his father’s expectation of getting a hundred perfect of it. And just last week, his company has been awarded for reaching the highest sales of the month.

If Wu Fan was the cold, ruthless President before, he’s definitely improved himself, like he promised to himself. To celebrate their success, Wu Fan secretly ordered the best cuisine from one of the restaurants his mother managed and distributed it to them. He also granted them additional pay for staying with him, although he didn’t actually say it.

And he’s learned to say thank you, too.

“Are you really going to marry that woman, hyung?” Sehun asked, leaning forward.

“She has a name, Sehun,” Wu Fan told him sternly. “And no, I’m not planning to marry her.”

“Then what are you still doing here?” Yoona asked.

“I—”

Before he could answer Yoona’s question, Song Qian had appeared on the door. He shot her a quizzical look, opening his mouth to ask him what she wanted when Gillian appeared behind her. She’s here again, he thought sullenly. It’s not like he hated her or something. Perhaps, Gillian didn’t want this, too.

He excused himself from his friends and marched towards Gillian. Before closing the door, Wu Fan shot his friends a pointed look, as if telling them to behave while she’s here. Sehun rolled his eyes in response. Lucky, Gillian didn’t get to see that.

He led Gillian to his office. Maybe this was just like the other days, wherein she’d mostly sit on the couch and just flip through the magazines. They used to be friends, Wu Fan recalled, but it seemed uncomfortable now that he’s aware of their future together.

“Go ahead,” he urged, shooting Gillian a small smile. “I’ll be there in a few. I need to talk to my secretary.”

Gillian nodded, walking ahead of him.

As soon as Gillian left, Wu Fan turned to Song Qian, who was quietly sitting on her chair. “Did you get to talk to her?”

She nodded brightly. “Yes, she can’t come to work until next week,” she informed him. “She has to take care of a few things in the car shop and that she’s fine. Her arm’s okay. It was just a sprain, nothing serious. And her friends? They’re extremely mad. They know what happened.”

He sighed in relief, yet at the same time, scared. “Oh, thanks.” He gave her a smile, something he hasn’t done for a long time Song Qian had worked under him. “Thanks, Song Qian. Keep up the good work.” He turned around, feeling relieved that Soojin could come back to work next week. She needed a break anyway. It won’t hurt to miss her for a couple of days.

The instant he stepped inside his office, he felt her hand on her shoulder, turning him around vehemently and crashing her lips with his. He staggered back, stunned at what had greeted him. When he realized what was happening, he grabbed Gillian’s shoulder and pushed him off her.

“What do you think you’re you doing?!” he snarled, pushing her roughly away from him.

Gillian looked unwavering. Quietly, she lifted her hand and swiped it across . “Relax, Kris,” she says passively. “I was just checking if something happens when we kiss. I was expecting fireworks but… sadly, there wasn’t.”

He scoffed, shooting her a repulsive look. “What are you thinking? That I would actually like you?”

She shook her head, unaffected by Kris’ outburst. “No,” she answered. “I expected nothing. The moment I saw you with her, I knew you were in love. I’m neither stupid nor blind. I know when a person is in love because I’ve felt it. I know what it’s like when you’re in love.”

“What’s your point?” He hissed.

She shrugged. “I’m saying that… I’m terminating this marriage contract.”

He gasped. “What? But what about… your father? Or mine? Did you…?”

She smiled. “Don’t worry,” she reassured him, patting his shoulders. “I’m not reckless like you. I still have my head in the game even if I’m in love. I don’t like you in that way so rest assured that you’ll never end up with me. The Chung Corporations will still merge with the Wu Corporations. I can convince my Dad to do that without this ridiculous marriage contract.”

“Why are you doing this?” he wanted to know. “Oh, don’t take this the wrong way. I definitely like what you’re doing but… I’m surprised.”

She grabbed her bag and slung it on her shoulder. “Simple. Because I love someone else. And I’m willing to fight for him. Are you?”

“Of course.”

“Then problem solved. I came here just for that so… I’ll see you around.”

Is this for real? He thought. “Gill?”

Pausing with her hand on the door handle, she turned around. “Hmm?”

“Thank you.”

She giggled. “Just make sure she takes care of you or else I’m stealing you away from her.”


 

uni class in two days, nooo ; n ;