Chapter 2

Interactive Fanfic: Sparks In Between.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

THERE HE IS AGAIN.

You can’t help to notice him as he walks into the basketball court. Every movement he makes is never out of your sight. You let out a dreamy sigh and immediately snap out of dreamland when you notice something odd. The dreamy eyes you had on your crush were also shown by other girls but towards your direction. Good lord. You step a few steps to the right and soon come to know you’re not the cause of their fantasy gaze. Phew. You look down to your best friend, Kai, who is tying his shoelaces. Oh. And in your head you start to wonder, why are they staring dreamingly at Kai? Of course, your crush has a fair share of dreamy stares as well, not that you’re very happy about that, but why Kai?

Who cares? Why do I care.

“So,” you squat down next to Kai, who is now drinking from his water bottle, preparing for a round of basketball on the court. “What is his name?” you try to sound as cool as possible but inside, you’re plainly screaming ‘YOU BETTER TELL ME HIS NAME OR DIE’.

He turns to you and shakes his head, not taking in how important it is to you. “I don’t know.”

WHAT?

“What?” You say, oh so calmly. “No, seriously.” You hit him playfully.

Kai runs one of his hands through his hair and then places his water bottle on the bench behind the two of you with another. He stands up and you stand up along with him. “Seriously?” he puts both of his hands on his waist, giving you a look that says you’re utterly unbelievable. He sighs to himself, wondering how he manages to tolerate you for all these months. 9 months.

“So what is his name?” you will not give up.

He buries his face in his hands and shakes his head. The hell is wrong with him? Then, he turns to you and places both his hands on your shoulder. You look at his hands then to him. “Riles,” he begins and you nod with a smile, eager to hear him announce that guy’s name. “You know how I promised to go up to him and say hi?” you nod, “and how I promised to ask every question you want to know about him? Not to mention, the paper of the written questions are in my bag, side pocket.” You nod, again. “I promised to go up to him when I’m free right?” After a few nods, you give another one lazily. “WELL, I WASN’T FREE AT ALL AFTER OUR DISCUSSION MIND YOU.” He bursts out saying and now everyone is staring at your direction. Even. That. Guy.

.

You break loose from Kai’s grip, hoping that guy won’t think there’s anything between you and Kai. “Oh my god, I get it!” You say softly while looking back and forth. God, stop staring at us, you mentally said and everyone goes back to what they were doing since nothing interesting happened after that. “Yah, do you have to shout? Seriously.”

“Sorry.” He apologizes and looks over to that guy you are currently head-over-heels for. “Why is he here anyways?” he wonders, crossing his arms below his chest.

You join your best friend in the staring game of his, you two now standing side by side. Some girls seem jealous and their faces scrunch up at this sight. As much as you don’t notice, Kai’s height is perfect for you and anyone who doesn’t know better might think you two are couples. “Oh I don’t know, maybe he’s here to play basketball?” you reply with a slight sarcastic tone at his stupid question and Kai lets out a small laugh. You looked up, feeling slightly offended as if the laugh was meant for you. It then comes to his senses that you meant what you said. “Oh I’m sorry. I must have forgotten about that one fact of life where only Kim Jong In is capable of playing basketball.”

“Not trying to be rude but…” he trails off, his right hand pointing towards that guy but not being too obvious about topic between you two to the public. You stare at Kai, waiting for him to make his point. “Come on, look at him.”

You are. “I am.” He’s gorgeous. “What’s wrong with him?”

You turn to Kai as he gestures to his own upper body, motioning his hands up and down. Your eyes follow the motion of his hands, scanning Kai’s body but you don’t get what that has anything to do with that guy you’ve been crushing on. He his head towards the guy who is now talking to some girls on the other side, you eyes burn with jealousy at that scene. “He doesn’t have the body…” you immediately shoot him a deadly glare, cautioning him to choose his words wisely. He steps back, “…the body full of proper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter