Chapter 9

Interactive Fanfic: Sparks In Between.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Then, it’s done.” Miss Kim reaches her hand to you and you shake it. Hell, her hand is smooth. “Vice President.”

It’s already 3 in the afternoon. The meeting is over. Nothing much was said in the meeting except for the brilliant ideas you have brought forward and making the club more known than before. After the tuition is offered to students in need, the president of the college received good comments on it and is happy with the idea. He even promised to fund the club in future activities if there is an increase in this semester’s results percentage.

Oh, brilliant Riley, you silently compliment yourself.

You watch her as she grabs her handbag elegantly and walks out of the room. Dayum, she’s pretty. You notice Chanyeol is staring at you, his toothy smile as bright as ever.

You lean forward to him. “That’s the lecturer in charge?” you say softly.

He looks to the closed door and then to you. She’s gone now so he doesn’t get why you’re talking so secretively. “Yeah,” he replied and leans forward as well, “Why are you whispering?”

You sit back. “She,” you stare at him, “is,” your eyes widen, “pretty.” But it’s still not as huge as Chanyeol’s.

Chanyeol his head to the right. He has his bottom lip extended over his upper lip as though saying she’s just not bad and nothing else.

Not bad? NOT BAD?

“Yah, Chanyeol,” you call him, your eyebrows narrowed, “you must have burned your brains. Fried.”

Chanyeol just shrugs. “She’s okay. Not my type. Definitely not my age.”

Is something wrong with you?Something is definitely wrong with him in your eyes. It’s already bad enough that his physical characteristics creeps you out, his mentality is even more amusing. How can you, a girl, thinks Miss Kim is pretty, almost checking her out when he doesn’t even take a second look at her?

“I’m not interest in men,” he manages to say and you eye him suspiciously. “I’m serious.”

“Right,” you say and simply pack up your file. Since now you’re the vice president, preparing all kinds of paperwork is your job so all the current documents are handed over to you. “I would love to stay and chat about your ual orientation but I need to get going.”

He stands up right after you and asks, “So we can’t celebrate?”

You shake your head and sling your handbag over your right shoulder. “I’m afraid not. I promised Kai I’ll be at his dance session. I’m sorry.”

Chanyeol seems to be disappointed. He isn’t really good at hiding his emotions.

“Hey,” you walk up to him and gently hit his right arm, “but we can always celebrate another time right?” you suggest and he smiles almost immediately. What a cute dork. “Of course we have to celebrate. I’m the new vice president!”

He nods and passes you your file which is on the table. “Go,” he tells you, “you don’t Kai to be waiting too long.”

You look at the time, , you better get going. “Aite,” you hold the file under your right arm, “bye,” you say and walk towards the door.

“Wait,” he pauses, “I-I, uh, I can text you right?”

You turn to him, not sure whether that is cute or just plain weird. Who asks whether they are allowed to text you?

“Do you have my number?” you ask and he nods nervously. “Oh, then yeah, you can, uhm, text me if you want to.”

His nodding becomes more eager and then he just waves goodbye to you as you slowly walk out of the room, thinking he’s getting weirder and weirder.

Man, he’s really weird.

 

 

 

 

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry I’m late!” you exclaim, almost out of breath as you barge into the dance room Kai always uses. “I hope I’m not—“ you look up and only see Kai, “—late.”

“You’re late.”

You throw all your things down and grab your chest, your heart is beating too hard, “I,” you take another deep breath, “know.” You lean against the wall behind you and slowly slide down then sit on the floor. You have no energy left to even sit down properly like a normal human would. “Where is everyone?”

There are supposed to be people. A group of them. Dancing. Now, there’s only Kai. You didn’t just run for your life to watch Kai dance alone. Your job was to observe their choreography and their performance as a group then give constructive comments. You love your job, you must say. It is just another way to embarrass Kai in front a group of people. But now, there’s no one. No people, no group, no dance, no embarrassing comments.

He walks and stands in front of you, blocking the light that is shinning too brightly on your face with his head. “I called it off,” he replies casually.

You stare at him, baffled. “What!” you exclaim, “I ran here for nothing? And here I am, feeling very sorry few seconds ago.”

He just grins and holds his right hand out. You stare at his hand then to him.

“What?”

He flexes his fingers, motioning you to grab his hand and you did. He pulls you up and you stand steadily on your feet although you swear you’re going to drop back down again.

“What time is your dinner?” he asks as he walks towards the corner of the room where the stereo is. He chooses a song on his iPod and plays it, turning the volume up after that. He turns back to you who haven’t even answer his question yet, just watching him as he steps closer to you. “You are going to the dinner right?”

You look back and forth, from the stereo to Kai. “What are you doing?”

He’s not going to ask me to dance, right?

He crosses him arms, “I asked you a question.”

“7.” You cross your arms as well. “I’m leaving at 6. Why?”

He sighs, “Then, we don’t have much time.”

You watch as he walks to the center of the room. You walk to him, in a faster pace than your usually do. “What time?” you ask urgently but he doesn’t seem to be listening to you. “Yah! What are you planning to do?” you question him again but in a more annoyed tone.

He turns to you, “Walk for me,” is all he said.

You give a weird look, “No?” Did everyone have their brains fried today? “I will not walk for you,” you emphasized on the word ‘walk’. “And don’t you have to work on the dance with your group? The talent show is soon right? Isn’t it your dream to win it?”

He gets closer to the huge mirrors and leans against one of it. “You have no choice,” he says rather blankly.

“I will not walk,” you pause, “for you.”

 

 

 

 

 

Good lord, why am I doing this?

There you are, standing at the other end of the room, furthest from Kai’s position. You have no idea why Kai even asked you to show him your walk.

“Well,” Kai taps his right foot impatiently, “give it your best shot.”

He’s saying as though walking is hard. Pft, it’s not hard. You’ve been doing it 18 years and maybe a couple of months of your life. How hard could it be?

Here I go. You take a deep breath and walk across the room, with the music blasting through the speakers at ever corner. You like to think that your steps hit every beat of the music. You’ve seen Kai done that; it looks cool when he did it. Then again, Kai looks cool doing anything.

You come to a stop, just in front of Kai, and give him your victory pose with a peace sign. You’ve made it and you feel great.

He stares at you blankly, “What was that?”

“What do you mean ‘what was that’?” you shoot him an angry look. “I was doing my thang. You know, strutting my stuff.” You say with a weird slang and he just gives you a weird look. You’re getting more annoyed. “Fine, then tell me what do you cal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter